Metal Storm logo
Burzum - Varg Virkenes Denied Parole

Former Burzum leader and convicted murderer and arsonist Varg Vikernes, who has served 12 years out of a 21-year jail sentence, will not be released from prison just yet. The Norwegian prison authorities have denied Vikernes' parole application, according to the newspaper Dagbladet. Varg's attorney John Christian Elden says Vikernes' release is long overdue. "He is disappointed by the decision because he feels he is ready to come back into the general community," says Elden.

Vikernes was convicted for the murder of MAYHEM frontman Øystein Aarseth and three counts of church burnings. He has served 12 years out of the 21-year jail sentence, and in accordance with the previous legislation, he is due for parole. But during the years Vikernes spent behind bars, the government passed laws to increase the number of years required in time served before one can be considered for parole to 14 years for 21-year sentences, which is the most severe time-based punishment in Norway. Elden says it is unreasonable that these new regulations are retroactive. "We are baffled the Department of Justice chooses to use laws that came into effect nine years after he stared serving his sentence," says Elden.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 04.07.2006 by Daru Jericho

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 50   Visited by: 66 users
20.07.2006 - 13:19
Basso
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:43

I hope that racist bitch never gets out of jail.

Norweigan TV helped building your opinion I suppose.

I am really curious what kind of Music Varg will create when he is relieased. I think he should be set free. I mean he did actually kill in self defence, so 14 years of prision is kinda lame for that.

No,its that I dont like racists.

I do understand that, I myself dont like racists, but if the racist can do great music sure thing... Besides I think he dumped that idea and went for Paganism.
28.07.2006 - 10:26
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:43

Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:04

Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 23:55

I hope that racist bitch never gets out of jail.

Norweigan TV helped building your opinion I suppose.

I am really curious what kind of Music Varg will create when he is relieased. I think he should be set free. I mean he did actually kill in self defence, so 14 years of prision is kinda lame for that.

No,its that I dont like racists.

What's so wrong with racists? They just think they are better than other and that's quite normally.
28.07.2006 - 14:01
Promonex
Cathemeral

Sure, stabbing someone 23 times although the victim becomes immobilized after the first stab already is sure as hell self defence.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
28.07.2006 - 19:01
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Promonex on 28.07.2006 at 14:01

Sure, stabbing someone 23 times although the victim becomes immobilized after the first stab already is sure as hell self defence.

haha well ofcourse you can look at it like that, well whatever man I just want to hear his music, dont care if he killed someone.
10.08.2006 - 00:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yeah, me too. But, I don't think he can top DSEV.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.08.2006 - 07:49
kronicstress420
Account deleted
well hes done thr time 12 years is a long ttime in their eyes but hr still murdered he should be let go
30.11.2006 - 23:59
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted

haha well ofcourse you can look at it like that, well whatever man I just want to hear his music, dont care if he killed someone.

Music is the most important thing in this case!
I do not like mix it with the media affairs, politics acts, judiciary etc.
11.12.2006 - 08:11
Mafila
Account deleted
I honestly hope he gets released on parole at his next hearing and then comes back into the black metal scene and kicks everyones ass (music-wise), though because of his reputation and all the haters that's pretty doubtful. I'm sick of the fucking Varg haters who know nothing about him; I don't wholeheartedly agree with his views and some of the things he did but I respect him as a musician and wish the best for him.
11.12.2006 - 17:36
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.12.2006 at 08:11

I honestly hope he gets released on parole at his next hearing and then comes back into the black metal scene and kicks everyones ass (music-wise), though because of his reputation and all the haters that's pretty doubtful. I'm sick of the fucking Varg haters who know nothing about him; I don't wholeheartedly agree with his views and some of the things he did but I respect him as a musician and wish the best for him.

Yes, Varg's private live is his personal matter. We can really uncover and try to understand only Burzum music. Many artists has "weird" live (for ordinary people ) but they create brilliant art.
Free Varg Vikernes!
23.12.2006 - 00:35
Sidragasum
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.12.2006 at 08:11

Nail on head.
13.01.2007 - 03:52
Tenebrarum
Account deleted
Written by Promonex on 28.07.2006 at 14:01

Actually Euronymous fell on shattered glass during the chase, still the court insisted that he had stabbed him 23 times although they knew that was a lie...

Also I don't believe varg will be murdered... those who still care about euronymous, are 14-16year old kids who wouldnt dare to kill anyone anyway... Kinda like Euronymous himself, a wimp, who shut down his record store because his parents told him to.
06.09.2007 - 22:49
darius666
Account deleted
guys stop,without varg no body will know what is an ambient black metal.:mad:
10.09.2007 - 04:01
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Guest on 13.01.2007 at 03:52

Actually Euronymous fell on shattered glass during the chase, still the court insisted that he had stabbed him 23 times although they knew that was a lie...

Actually, the real story is that he accidentally fell with his back on Varg's knife 16 times, 2 times with his head and 5 with his neck. Varg was holding the knife to cut an apple in two and share it with Øystein. The court rejected that case as well...

Also don't forget that people died trying to put out his fires. This makes him guilty as well for that.
----
Bitch! Please
30.11.2007 - 00:45
gorith
Account deleted
he should be let out when the sentence is over. let him serve his time and let him out. even if he does burn some more churches, so what? is it really that big a loss? he probably knows the futility of burning churches in such a highly christian country, the government will just rebuild them anyway. let him out, let him make the best black metal album to come out in the last 15 years. then sink back into oblivion. whats the harm?
26.03.2008 - 01:33
Wintermute

Written by Xtreme Jax on 04.07.2006 at 15:54

Written by Black_Handed on 04.07.2006 at 14:57

btw...interesting name his attorney has : John Christian Elden. fits varg lol.

Haha i found that funny.
, until he got it legally changed because he was afraid that people wouldn't think it was "true"
----
Life is a waste of time.... time is a waste of life.
26.03.2008 - 01:35
Wintermute

Written by Guest on 04.07.2006 at 17:53

Written by Black_Handed on 04.07.2006 at 14:57

Written by dancingdecember on 04.07.2006 at 12:02

let the fucker rot

twice please ). btw...interesting name his attorney has : John Christian Elden. fits varg lol.

Damn, this has already been talked about. Shows how true I am.

Um... Do you actually think Varg's first name is actually Varg? His legal name is Christian Vikernes. Black metal musicians changed their names because they were Judeo-Christian (And having your name derrived from Christ himself doesnt make an exception.)

[edited by Eddie on July 5th]

----
Life is a waste of time.... time is a waste of life.
14.06.2008 - 13:32
Thryce
Retired Staff
Posted on 12.06.2008 on burzum.org: Varg Vikernes has been denied parole again.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
14.06.2008 - 13:50
Promonex
Cathemeral
HA-HA! [/nelson]
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
14.06.2008 - 14:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.06.2008 - 19:16
Damnated
Churchburner
eh, who cares anyways. it's not like he's going to pick up a guitar after getting home.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.

Hits total: 7200 | This month: 4