Metal Storm logo
Favorite Ensiferum Album

Original post

Posted by -Soulreaper-, 10.12.2008 - 17:40
Lately I have been listening to Ensiferum a lot. I have known about this band for a while but have never really given them a good listen. I have become so obsessed with this band now that I am starting to learn some of their songs on the guitar and playing along with the music. The only one that I have fully learned so far though is Guardians of Fate. Anyways, I have been trying to figure out which of the albums that I like the most. I think the conclusion I have come to is that I like their first self titled album the most. It is the one that I find myself playing on my iPod the most or putting into my CD player. I can't really describe why I like that one the best out of all of them, mainly because all of them are really damn great, but I was wondering what the rest of you Metal Stormers have to say on this topic.

Poll

Which album do you prefer the most?

Ensiferum
Iron
Victory Songs

Total votes: 89
26.01.2014 - 13:38
I R O N
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
07.10.2015 - 21:08
winchimes
Just gonna assume no one thinks From Afar is their favorite album?
----
Dividing walls of stone,
Eternal heathen Throne,
Beneath the cold starlight.
Revealed for the purest sight.
10.10.2015 - 18:22
Wingtorte
I would have to say Ensiferum because it's the most consistently awesome album from them to date, followed very closely by Iron. On Ensiferum the band barely take a wrong step with songs like Windrider, Hero in a Dream, Guardians of Fate being major highlights. At the same time Iron has Lai Lai Hei, Slayer of Light and into Battle which are also among my favourite Ensiferum songs, but doesn't have the same consistency as the debut. They were never able to replicate the energy of those two albums, imo, no matter how good Victory Songs was.
11.10.2015 - 16:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by winchimes on 07.10.2015 at 21:08

Actually my second favourite by them. There are a lot of killer tracks on it.
But talk about old poll. Doesn't matter for me though since I consider their debut to be their best and I find it hard to see that they would ever top that release. It's epic, beautiful and full of memoreable songs.
----
15.10.2015 - 20:27
winchimes
Written by Warman on 11.10.2015 at 16:26

Written by winchimes on 07.10.2015 at 21:08

Actually my second favourite by them. There are a lot of killer tracks on it.
But talk about old poll. Doesn't matter for me though since I consider their debut to be their best and I find it hard to see that they would ever top that release. It's epic, beautiful and full of memoreable songs.

I would have the first have my favorite album but I heard From Afar first, so I suppose I am biased towards the rest. I really like the vocal delivery of Petri on From Afar compared to Victory Songs. I think he really found his "voice" in that album, although Victory Songs was still pretty killer.
----
Dividing walls of stone,
Eternal heathen Throne,
Beneath the cold starlight.
Revealed for the purest sight.
29.02.2016 - 04:24
Berserk
Iron for me. Though it's real hard to decide between From Afar, Iron, and Ensiferum.
----
Fear the Old Blood
04.03.2016 - 09:50
Sang Dalang Abu
Sorry I vote IRON.

That album hook me to love folk metal.
18.09.2017 - 18:00
darkthrone
Victory songs for me !