Metal Storm logo
God Is An Astronaut

19.12.2008 - 03:04
Stigmatized
This band has become an obsession of mine lately. Their music is stunning, simple as that. It's so relaxing and is an escape for me. It has almost a spacey feel to it at times. Thoughts?
27.12.2008 - 16:14
Kanto

I just know....ah hell! I don't remember the name, ...Radau! Yeah! That one, is cool to chill out, behind a tree, thinking about something...but I haven't heard much of them recently
----
...Dude.
06.02.2009 - 10:11
coreycoreycorey
Account deleted
Definitely one of my favourite post-rock bands. such beautiful music. my personal favourite album is Far From Refuge, though I've enjoyed everything they've released.
06.02.2009 - 16:51
Elio
Red Nightmare
It's a shame that their last album was not that good
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
17.03.2009 - 09:17
Ignusblack

Is and amazing band, just a few bands can create such a beautifull atmosphere like this one.
20.03.2009 - 19:50
Elio
Red Nightmare
I was just thinking that All is Violent, All Is Bright has to be one of the best post-rock album ever.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
15.04.2009 - 17:25
Stigmatized
Their first two albums are amazing. They both have a very different sound as compared to most post-rock. As for the last two albums, they're moving into a standard post rock sound. It's a little disappointing, but it's still some of the best post rock out there IMO.
15.04.2009 - 17:59
Elio
Red Nightmare
Apart from the great album I mentioned two posts ago, I have listened only to their last work, which was, as you say, a bit disappointing. I have to listen their first then, also considering that on RYM it has the same average than its follower.

Just today I discovered they'll tour Italy next month. Obviously the three cities are too far for me. As ever.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
20.04.2009 - 01:41
Stigmatized
Written by Elio on 15.04.2009 at 17:59

Apart from the great album I mentioned two posts ago, I have listened only to their last work, which was, as you say, a bit disappointing. I have to listen their first then, also considering that on RYM it has the same average than its follower.

Just today I discovered they'll tour Italy next month. Obviously the three cities are too far for me. As ever.

The End of the Beginning is easily my favorite. It has that "spacey" feel to it and so damn catchy.
25.04.2009 - 15:53
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
All Is Violent, All Is Bright is a masterpiece, I didnt listened to their other releases. but this first album is very pure and solid.
26.04.2011 - 10:56
The Turbanator

Their latest album is absolutely brilliant.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
26.04.2011 - 15:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Judging by what I heard from them so far, they are good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.02.2013 - 18:09
R Lewis

Since it seems I can't add news for them because they are among the "invisible" bands, I post it here: the band is planning to release a new album in september, and two singles will be out in summer. Don't know about you, but I simply can't wait...
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
18.02.2013 - 21:54
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by R Lewis on 18.02.2013 at 18:09

Since it seems I can't add news for them because they are among the "invisible" bands, I post it here: the band is planning to release a new album in september, and two singles will be out in summer. Don't know about you, but I simply can't wait...

Their last few releases have been kinda blah for me. I really like their debut. I hope they get back to that sound.
----
rekt
18.02.2013 - 22:33
R Lewis

Written by tea[m]ster on 18.02.2013 at 21:54

Their last few releases have been kinda blah for me. I really like their debut. I hope they get back to that sound.

Together with the first two, I also enjoyed a lot their self-titled release. But maybe it's me, 'cause, being around in metal since only 3 years, I had only experienced their evolution in few weeks, and maybe someone who followed them for years can have a more expert view on their developing... Anyway, them and sleepmakeswaves are the only bands I can listen to while studying that don't distract me
----
19.02.2013 - 04:17
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by R Lewis on 18.02.2013 at 22:33

Anyway, them and sleepmakeswaves are the only bands I can listen to while studying that don't distract me

If you want any other suggestions for some good post rock just lemme know. I can point you in 100 different directions!
----
rekt
19.02.2013 - 14:25
R Lewis

Written by tea[m]ster on 19.02.2013 at 04:17

If you want any other suggestions for some good post rock just lemme know. I can point you in 100 different directions!

I do Do you know some bands with a not-too-quiet sound? I mean, something that has the introspectiveness typical of post-rock but doesn't send you to sleep?
----
19.02.2013 - 14:37
IronAngel

Year of Light, Pelican, Russian Circles come to mind. I really only like Year of Light, though. Maybe *shels' Sea of the Dying Dhow. They're in the heavy, sludgy end of the spectrum. For more energetic, math-rock influenced stuff, go for 65daysofstatic or And So I Watch You From Afar. For lush and melodic, chamber music influenced post-rock, Detwiije and Efterklang (second album; first too, but it's more electronic) are great. For massive, noisy and drony build-ups, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and early Mogwai are the classics.

Here are some of my unsystematic post-rock picks:
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/IronAngel/iron_recommends__post_rock
19.02.2013 - 15:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by IronAngel on 19.02.2013 at 14:37

Year of Light,... Year of Light, though....

Damn so there's a band called Year Of Light playing more or less the same music as Year Of No Light from France? How immensely confusing
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.02.2013 - 15:40
R Lewis

Written by IronAngel on 19.02.2013 at 14:37

Year of Light, Pelican, Russian Circles come to mind. I really only like Year of Light, though. Maybe *shels' Sea of the Dying Dhow. They're in the heavy, sludgy end of the spectrum. For more energetic, math-rock influenced stuff, go for 65daysofstatic or And So I Watch You From Afar. For lush and melodic, chamber music influenced post-rock, Detwiije and Efterklang (second album; first too, but it's more electronic) are great. For massive, noisy and drony build-ups, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and early Mogwai are the classics.

Here are some of my unsystematic post-rock picks:
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/IronAngel/iron_recommends__post_rock

Wow! Thanks, I'll check 'em out!
----
19.02.2013 - 20:53
IronAngel

Meh. Light or no light, who cares! I spend all my time indoors anyway.
20.02.2013 - 03:51
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by R Lewis on 19.02.2013 at 14:25

I do Do you know some bands with a not-too-quiet sound? I mean, something that has the introspectiveness typical of post-rock but doesn't send you to sleep?

Ahhh, IronAngel beat me to it but I have a few more suggestions: Three Steps To The Ocean are great instrumental post rock/metal band from Italy. Arktika, another post rock band leaning towards post metal hail from Germany and have some really nice song structures but the vocals may put you off. Also, check out Jakob. They are labeled post rock but have a tint of heaviness in their music that should keep you interested.
----
rekt
20.02.2013 - 15:27
R Lewis

Written by tea[m]ster on 20.02.2013 at 03:51

Ahhh, IronAngel beat me to it but I have a few more suggestions: Three Steps To The Ocean are great instrumental post rock/metal band from Italy. Arktika, another post rock band leaning towards post metal hail from Germany and have some really nice song structures but the vocals may put you off. Also, check out Jakob. They are labeled post rock but have a tint of heaviness in their music that should keep you interested.

Thanks a lot! I think I'll increase my collection...
----