Metal Storm logo
Twisted Sister - Live At The Astoria review

Reviewer:

5 users:
Band: Twisted Sister
Album: Live At The Astoria
Release date: November 2008

01. What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
02. The Kids Are Back
03. Under The Blade
04. Destroyer
05. Like A Knife In The Back
06. Burn In Hell
07. Ride To Live
08. Shoot 'Em Down
09. You Can't Stop Rock N' Roll
10. The Fire Still Burns
11. We're Not Gonna Take It
12. The Price
13. I Am, I'm Me
14. I Wanna Rock
15. Come Out & Play
16. S.M.F.

They're maybe not so beautiful but have the style, they're maybe old now but still rock and above everything else know what a good live performance is? Who are they? The Twisted Sister of course! Even if the band didn't release any new real album for a long time, 2008 is the year of the release date of their new DVD and live album, "Live At The Astoria". Recorded at the famous The Astoria venue of London in 2004, this DVD is definitely a must for all the fans of the Sister.

If you don't know how a Twisted Sister concert can look, this new release is perfect definitely. Full of hits like "I Wanna Rock", "Come Out & Play" or "We're Not Gonna Take It", the "Live At The Astoria" DVD is a really cool object. The band is better than ever with a crazy and still really fun Dee Snider, this is fast and angry, without any breaks, and believe me it simply rocks. Don't believe the ones who say that Twisted Sister is a boring Glam band, they're just a really good Hard Rock one with a lot of class and with a bunch of amazing songs. I won't talk about the music of Twisted Sister, the best for you is to listen to their studio records but don't worry, with this DVD you'll be able to watch a band which is at the top of its form which play excellent songs. If you wanna rock, "Live At The Astoria" will be perfect for you.

The video recording is nice and the sound is really good, obviously the audience like the band were happy to be there this night and we have a really good ambiance from the beginning to the end of the recording. Dee Snider talks a lot between the songs and that's cool and funny in general, we're not in front of a band which just plays and don't care about anything else. This is a real party and that's cool to have the chance to see that on a DVD. Oki, this is a bit simple without any real bonus or anything but the live rocks and it's a fucking pleasure to watch it. If you like the Twisted Sister you won't regret to buy it and if you still don't know them you'll maybe discover something great for you. Have a look at it as soon as possible please.

We're just in front of a must here. Ok, the DVD is really simple and it could be good to have a nice package, bonuses etc but if you just wanna see a great concert (and in general a buy DVDs for this matter) I highly recommend you "Live At The Astoria". Twisted Sister rocks live and this release is its living proof. If you wanna rock be sure that you'll do it while watching this excellent live performance. A must for the ones who like Hard Rock!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: -
Originality: -
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 20.12.2008

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 126 users
20.12.2008 - 20:00
Baz Anderson

Wow, I didn't know about this... I shall have to get it soon!
21.12.2008 - 02:12
Iceland_Norway

The TS LIVE is the best live I have ever seen before.

Italian Reviews put 10 as Vote because it's the most beautiful live.

It's Rocking my Head.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
21.12.2008 - 06:12
Gigginova
Account deleted
I didn't know bout this either.
when i get that old, I wonder if I'll have energy to rock out
21.12.2008 - 23:07
amerislave
Account deleted
Good setlist......i will check this out. usually reliable when they aren't doing cover songs or christmas songs.
22.12.2008 - 03:09
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I'm sad. there are no songs from the "a Twisted Christmas" album" LOL
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.12.2008 - 03:23
Baz Anderson

Well if we are going to moan about setlists, I would like to hear Twisted Sister do something more from their less popular albums.. or perhaps songs that weren't really used like "Heroes Are Hard To Find".. I love that song.
Still.. Twisted Sister always deliver live and I am sure this setlist sounds just as good as they have ever been, even though we have heard it all before.
22.12.2008 - 03:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeChron James on 22.12.2008 at 03:09

Excuse me? That album was totally terrible not one good rendition on there imo.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.12.2008 - 03:28
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.12.2008 at 03:25

hahahaha it was a joke, i didnt even know Twisted Sister put out a christmas album until i looked at their discography.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.12.2008 - 03:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeChron James on 22.12.2008 at 03:28

hahahaha it was a joke, i didnt even know Twisted Sister put out a christmas album until i looked at their discography.

Okay you got me there then
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.12.2008 - 10:04
Abattoir

Well, what I read from the review I should probably check this show...
07.01.2009 - 03:18
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.12.2008 at 03:31

Written by LeChron James on 22.12.2008 at 03:28

Okay you got me there then

Dude the whole album was intended as a joke, duh....

Hits total: 8983 | This month: 13