Metal Storm logo
The best Cradle Of Filth song

21.12.2008 - 19:03
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Well, yes COF is my favorite band, such a shame. They lost most of their reputation since Nymphetamine, but they did make incredible work in the past AND in their new album Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder. But that's my own opinion, some might think Nymphetamine and Thornography are their best era, though I would have to disagree with them... So, what is your favorite Cradle Of Filth song?

Personnally, I think it is impossible to choose between over 150 songs, so I'll choose 5 in any order:
- The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh (The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh)
- Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids (Cruelty And The Beast)
- From The Cradle To Enslave (From The Cradle To Enslave - EP)
- Lord Abortion (Midian)
- Honey And Sulphur (Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder)
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
22.12.2008 - 00:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its hard to pic up bets song because those all sucks, but I like moustly old once, from werry early albums , but I cant pic up songs my top 5 be like
''From The Cradle To Enslave'' , ''Nymphetamine'', (probonly best song where I acn hear Liv's voice after ToN(ALBUM) ''Her Ghost In The Fog'' (I know koust chesyest and overated) ''The Forest Whispers My Name'' and ''Beauty Slept In Sodom''

I like CoF from ''The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh'' till ''Dusk And Her Embrace'' first 3 realised ok leither soem are good to but still firts 3 are classics huh one more simmilarity whit Dimmu Borgir boat band sfirst 3 realises was good and they ''sucks'' after
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.12.2008 - 01:20
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Whoa I understand why your nickname is Bad English...
----
22.12.2008 - 01:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hahaha! Get used to it dude!

CoF is a favourite of mine. "Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids" has always been THE CoF song for me. What they did there consider I to be one of the most brilliant compositions of all time.

From their Gothic period I think "I Am the Thorn" is their catchiest and best song. That chorus is just immortal for me!
----
22.12.2008 - 03:51
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
I hope this is some kind of joke, he couldn't actually write over 20 000 posts on this forum and still suck that much in English, could he? I mean, I'm no native english either and I don't write: "Its hard to pic up bets song because those all sucks, but I like moustly old once, from werry early albums"...

I agree I Am The Thorn is the best song from Thornography, while Nymphetamine OVERDOSE (not Fix...) is eponyme album's highlight.
----
22.12.2008 - 08:47
Eeric
Account deleted
I choose one for every record, cuz they have too much great songs that I could say just one or two
The Principle of Evil Made Flesh - The Forest Whispers My Name
Vempire - the Rape and Ruin of Angels
Dusk and her Embrace - Funeral in Carpathia
Cruelty and the Beast - The Twisted Nails of Faith
Midian - Her Ghost in the Fog
Bitter Suites to Succubi - The Black Goddess Rises II
Damnation and a Day - Thank God for the Suffering
Nymphetamine - Coffin Fodder
Thornography - Cemetary and Sundown/ Courting Baphomet
Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder - Darkness Incarnate
22.12.2008 - 17:45
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Yeah, that's a good formula, man, I'll try it myself (let's just ignore my top 5...):

TPoEMF: The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh
V Empire: Nocturnal Supremacy
Dusk: Heaven Torn Asunder or Dusk And Her Embrace (can't chose...)
Cruelty And The Beast: Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids
From The Cradle To Enslave EP: From The Cradle To Enslave
Midian: Lord Abortion
BStS: Suicide And Other Comforts
Damnation: Babalon AD
Nymphetamine: Nymphetamine Overdose
Thornography: Under Huntress Moon (Devil To The Metal if you include the Deluxe tracks)
Godspeed: Honey And Sulphur (Balsamic And Anathema is also very good on the Deluxe version)
----
29.12.2008 - 19:04
Slayer666

Without a doubt,their BEST song is the one and only.....*dramatic drums in the background* THE SMOKE OF HER BURNING (Damnation and a Day)!!!!!Allright,this song is the unquestionable CHAMPION!OK,let's name a few more immortal songs for me:
Tragic Kingdom (Godspeed on The Devil's Thunder)
Darkness Incarnate (same as the above)
Nyphetamine
Swansong for a Raven (Nymphetamine)
Presents from the Poison-Hearted (Damnation and A Day)
Babylon AD (same as the above)
Her Ghost In The Fog (Midian)
Chutulu Dawn (Midian)
Lustmord and Wargasm (Cruelty and The Beast)
Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids (same as the above)
Funeral In Carpathia (Dusk....And Her Embrace)
Haunted Shores (same as the above)
To Eve The Art of Witchcraft (The Principale of Evil Made flesh)
The Forest Whispers my Name (same as the above)
The Principale of Evil Made flesh (same as the above)
Oh,yeah,The Fire Still Burns is one of these,but I don't know where is it from.Does anyone know?
02.01.2009 - 17:39
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Nymphetamine is the only Cradle Of filth Song which I like
02.01.2009 - 21:52
I, The Quatropus

Top Ten:

10. Beneath the Howling Stars (Cruelty and the Beast)
9. Heaven Torn Asunder (Dusk and Her Embrace)
8. A Crescendo of Passion Bleeding (The Principle of Evil Made Flesh)
7. Malice Through The Looking Glass (Dusk and Her Embrace)
6. The Twisted Nails of Fate (Cruelty and the Beast)
5. Iscariot (The Principle of Evil Made Flesh)
4. Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids (Cruelty and the Beast)
3. Funeral In Carpathia (Dusk and Her Embrace)
2. Of Mist and Midnight Skies (The Principles of Evil Made Flesh)

and finally
1. A Dream of Wolves in the Snow (The Principles of Evil Made Flesh)
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
02.01.2009 - 22:04
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
You really like instrumental tracks, don't you? Iscariot is like the cheapest and most boring song CoF ever made, IMO... No sorry, that was In Secret Love We Drown, but Iscariot is second. But wasn't One Final Graven Kiss a much better instrumental song than A Dream of Wlves in the Snow? And Queen of Winter Throned is like the metal version of that song, so I'm surprised it's not in your top 10...
----
02.01.2009 - 22:06
I, The Quatropus

It's just a list of what I enjoyed?
This reason is why I didn't blast on Slayer for his.
----
02.01.2009 - 22:11
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
? Sorry I don't understand what you mean. I hope I didn't offense you.
----
02.01.2009 - 22:20
I, The Quatropus

Well when it comes to threads asking questions such as "what are your favorite songs", this should be only one entitled by opinions. Now even those tracks you've listed are good, I chose my personal faves, the ones I enjoy listening to most of the time.

Even though Slayer's list is that even if he posted songs that didn't deserve to overshadow good ones (opinionated), I didn't, for the fact that this is his choice of faves, no matter if I approve of it or not.

You didn't offend me, it's ok.
----
05.01.2009 - 13:07
Slayer666

Written by I, The Quatropus on 02.01.2009 at 22:20

Well when it comes to threads asking questions such as "what are your favorite songs", this should be only one entitled by opinions. Now even those tracks you've listed are good, I chose my personal faves, the ones I enjoy listening to most of the time.

Even though Slayer's list is that even if he posted songs that didn't deserve to overshadow good ones (opinionated), I didn't, for the fact that this is his choice of faves, no matter if I approve of it or not.

Well, I was going for the "2 songs per album system". Of course that no song Nyphetamine can even come close to ANY of the songs from The Principale,or Dusk or other, but I choose my favourite songs from each album.
And what's up with ignoring The Smoke of Her Burning? Best song they ever wrote, I can't belive no one likes it.....
08.01.2009 - 00:23
WiSaM
Account deleted
Nymphetamine is the best one
13.01.2009 - 04:05
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Slayer666 on 05.01.2009 at 13:07

Well, I was going for the "2 songs per album system". Of course that no song Nyphetamine can even come close to ANY of the songs from The Principale,or Dusk or other, but I choose my favourite songs from each album.
And what's up with ignoring The Smoke of Her Burning? Best song they ever wrote, I can't belive no one likes it.....

I like The Smoke Of Her Burning a lot myself, though I downloaded it on Limewire and the sound is pure shit, so I can't possibly judge how good it is, but it seems to be among the 5 best songs from Damnation, IMO. The Promise of Fever, Serpent Tongue, Hurt And Virtue and Babalon AD are better, though...
----
13.01.2009 - 11:36
Slayer666

Written by MétalNoir on 13.01.2009 at 04:05

Written by Slayer666 on 05.01.2009 at 13:07

I like The Smoke Of Her Burning a lot myself, though I downloaded it on Limewire and the sound is pure shit, so I can't possibly judge how good it is, but it seems to be among the 5 best songs from Damnation, IMO. The Promise of Fever, Serpent Tongue, Hurt And Virtue and Babalon AD are better, though...

http://musicmp3.spb.ru/genres/
You might want to download it from here. Trust me, the song is the BEST they ever made. Not just in Damnation.
14.01.2009 - 01:25
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Thanks, man, I managed to download it even though everything was in cyrillic alphabet!
----
14.01.2009 - 01:35
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by MétalNoir on 22.12.2008 at 03:51

I hope this is some kind of joke, he couldn't actually write over 20 000 posts on this forum and still suck that much in English, could he? I mean, I'm no native english either and I don't write: "Its hard to pic up bets song because those all sucks, but I like moustly old once, from werry early albums"...

Believe me, it is no joke.
----
15.01.2009 - 21:54
Slayer666

Written by MétalNoir on 14.01.2009 at 01:25

Thanks, man, I managed to download it even though everything was in cyrillic alphabet!

Yeah, that's a problem with Russian language. Now, I need to ask you a question. What band is the most similar to CoF? And don't tell me Graveworm, because I tried that, and it's not that similar at all.
I'm talking about a good mixture of Black and Gothic. Know any bands?
Oh, yeah, so what do you think about The Smoke.... ?
15.01.2009 - 21:57
Slayer666

Written by Warman on 14.01.2009 at 01:35

Written by MétalNoir on 22.12.2008 at 03:51

Believe me, it is no joke.

Damn, man, that's disturbing....
16.01.2009 - 03:10
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Slayer666 on 15.01.2009 at 21:54

Yeah, that's a problem with Russian language. Now, I need to ask you a question. What band is the most similar to CoF? And don't tell me Graveworm, because I tried that, and it's not that similar at all.

It's not easy to find something similar to CoF for the vocals, cause those high pitched shrieks are kinda unique. For the black/goth mixture and the extensive use of keyboards, Illnath seems to be a fair choice, and the vocalist screams pretty well... But isn't Cradle rejected by many exactly because of their unique sound? I mean, there's such a ridiculous issue about their style, but I think they are a revolutionary band who try to make something new, but bands who try that and happen to have some commercial success are usually called sellout and posers. Children Of Bodom have the same problem. But CoB are imitated by a whole lot of bands, which is not the case with CoF...
For The Smoke Of Her Burning, I can't totally agree with you, sorry man. IMO, there are plenty of more complex and complete tracks, including almost all songs on Godspeed. The Smoke is fast and catchy, but so are Chthulu Dawn, Tragic Kingdom or Devil To The Metal. The Smoke Of Her Burning is very similar to Sweetest Maleficia, by the way, though not as good...
----
16.01.2009 - 06:24
Richard

What band is the most similar to CoF? And don't tell me Graveworm, because I tried that, and it's not that similar at all.

Have you heard Hecate Enthroned (also from England)? Their first couple of albums are extremely similar to early Cradle of Filth, even the high pitched shrieks are virtually identical. One of the bandmembers of Hecate Enthroned used to be in an early line-up of Cradle, too. H.E. shedded the CoF comparisons with later releases, though.
----
16.01.2009 - 11:38
Slayer666

Written by MétalNoir on 16.01.2009 at 03:10

It's not easy to find something similar to CoF for the vocals, cause those high pitched shrieks are kinda unique. But isn't Cradle rejected by many exactly because of their unique sound? I mean, there's such a ridiculous issue about their style, but I think they are a revolutionary band who try to make something new, but bands who try that and happen to have some commercial success are usually called sellout and posers. Children Of Bodom have the same problem. But CoB are imitated by a whole lot of bands, which is not the case with CoF...
For The Smoke Of Her Burning, I can't totally agree with you, sorry man. IMO, there are plenty of more complex and complete tracks, including almost all songs on Godspeed. The Smoke is fast and catchy, but so are Chthulu Dawn, Tragic Kingdom or Devil To The Metal. The Smoke Of Her Burning is very similar to Sweetest Maleficia, by the way, though not as good...

I agree about the unique sound. I spent the entire day searching on this site for a band that could replace them (mostly of curiosity). Whenever I find something that I think could be a match to CoF, I download it, and get dissapointed. None of them sound like CoF, not even vaguley. And those who reject them because of that are dumb narrow-minded assholes.
IMO, CoB is nothing special. It's OK, but.....
Too bad about The Smoke.... By the way, where did you get Godspeed? I couldn't find it anywhere, so I downloaded some videos from Youtube. You know, when they put the album cover and play the song. That passes as a video, I guess..... The sound is terrible, the only thing you can hear really well are the drumms.
16.01.2009 - 11:40
Slayer666

Written by Richard on 16.01.2009 at 06:24

What band is the most similar to CoF? And don't tell me Graveworm, because I tried that, and it's not that similar at all.

Have you heard Hecate Enthroned (also from England)? Their first couple of albums are extremely similar to early Cradle of Filth, even the high pitched shrieks are virtually identical. One of the bandmembers of Hecate Enthroned used to be in an early line-up of Cradle, too. H.E. shedded the CoF comparisons with later releases, though.

Really? Never heard of them.... I'll try getting something from them. Thanks a lot.

EDIT : Just listened to some songs, and I have to say it's about as similar to Cradle as it can get without being a complete replica.
And screams are tottaly Dani-like. Awesome. I just wish production was better....
16.01.2009 - 22:54
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Slayer666 on 16.01.2009 at 11:38

It's not easy to find something similar to CoF for the vocals, cause those high pitched shrieks are kinda unique. But isn't Cradle rejected by many exactly because of their unique sound? I mean, there's such a ridiculous issue about their style, but I think they are a revolutionary band who try to make something new, but bands who try that and happen to have some commercial success are usually called sellout and posers. Children Of Bodom have the same problem. But CoB are imitated by a whole lot of bands, which is not the case with CoF...

I agree about the unique sound. I spent the entire day searching on this site for a band that could replace them (mostly of curiosity). Whenever I find something that I think could be a match to CoF, I download it, and get dissapointed. None of them sound like CoF, not even vaguley. And those who reject them because of that are dumb narrow-minded assholes.
Too bad about The Smoke.... By the way, where did you get Godspeed? I couldn't find it anywhere, so I downloaded some videos from Youtube. You know, when they put the album cover and play the song. That passes as a video, I guess..... The sound is terrible, the only thing you can hear really well are the drumms.

Actually, I bought it at HMV (I don't know if you have HMV's in Serbia...). But there is a ridiculously tiny CD shop in my tiny hometown and Godspeed is the one and only metal album I saw there in years. Godspeed is expected to be a commercial success in Quebec, I guess. Your country doesn't seem to be the best place for a metalhead to buy good albums, man.
----
16.01.2009 - 22:59
Slayer666

Written by MétalNoir on 16.01.2009 at 22:54

Written by Slayer666 on 16.01.2009 at 11:38

Actually, I bought it at HMV (I don't know if you have HMV's in Serbia...). But there is a ridiculously tiny CD shop in my tiny hometown and Godspeed is the one and only metal album I saw there in years. Godspeed is expected to be a commercial success in Quebec, I guess. Your country doesn't seem to be the best place for a metalhead to buy good albums, man.

No, where did you get that idea? Crazy talk! Kidding. The only place that could possibly be worse for a metalhead is a part undeveloped South African country where they have yet to hear of electricity.
P.S. What is HMV?
16.01.2009 - 23:06
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
HMV is like the best CD shop in Canada and there happens to be one 45 minutes from my shit hole of a city. I think it is an american company. I bought something like 40 metal albums there and some of them are supposedly difficult to get, like In A Flesh Aquarium by Unexpect and all the oldest CoF albums. By the way, that russian site is great, I downloaded songs I was searching for a while, like Vintersorg, Falkenbach and Orphaned Land. You can't find albums from those bands anywhere, even at HMV...
----
16.01.2009 - 23:12
Slayer666

Written by MétalNoir on 16.01.2009 at 23:06

HMV is like the best CD shop in Canada and there happens to be one 45 minutes from my shit hole of a city. I think it is an american company. I bought something like 40 metal albums there and some of them are supposedly difficult to get, like In A Flesh Aquarium by Unexpect and all the oldest CoF albums. By the way, that russian site is great, I downloaded songs I was searching for a while, like Vintersorg, Falkenbach and Orphaned Land. You can't find albums from those bands anywhere, even at HMV...

You aren't too fond of your town, eh? You know, the only thing you can find here is Iron Maiden! Not even Metallica (I mentioned them because they are also supposed to be a cmmercial succes), NOTHING! Just Maiden. And if you are REALLY lucky, sometimes you can find something from Dimmu Borgir, but that's only on New Year Fare. It's crap!
Glad you liked the site. It's perfectly illegal!