Metal Storm logo
Official Whisky Thread!

Original post

Posted by Nyarlatothep, 23.12.2008 - 21:32
Since I have seen atleast 4 members with a Whisky bottle as a user avatar I think its about time we need a official Whisky thread. Were we "old" cranky farts discuss the golden nectar named Whisky. As a note Bourbon drinkers can make their own thread.

If anyone wonders WHY it is in the art forum. Th making of whisky and enjoying it, is a art!

So what whisky do you prefer? What Glasses? Regions? Your thoughts about the latest Whisky you bought!

At the moment Im sitting here with a branded Glenmorangie Noosing glass and enjoying a Ardbeg 10 year old from the new batch.

Favorites so far, Ardbeg, Lagavulin (yes I am a sley enthusiast), Bowmore, Port Ellen, Glenmorangie for a smooth change, Highland Park and the list goes on!

Lets Discuss Whisky!

And Ice is the tool of the devil in a good whisky!
29.11.2012 - 18:22
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Daniell on 29.11.2012 at 12:24

I don't know about others, but I like this way to spend an evening:

that'd be fun, although your desktop is much more clean than mine.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.12.2012 - 19:49
Ronan

I think any kind of alcohol so much harmful to every human body. So, everyone should avoid this thing like: Whiskey, Beer, vodka etc. My advice to everybody please give up any kind of alcohol. Please Don't mind because alcohol is not helpful to every human body.
----
CPSC
09.07.2013 - 02:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Balvenie DoubleWood 12 Year Old
http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/balvenie/balvenie-doublewood-12-year-old-whisky/

Drinking it now
To be honest, this one of ery rare malt whisky's what I like, can drink, but dont enjoy so much, I dont feel that typical single malt whisky's flavore into it?
Or its just not my day?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.08.2013 - 03:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I got invite of glass of Ardmore 12 years old, I like it I knowt previuslly, good whisky I realy like it
----

apos;'
[image]
07.09.2013 - 21:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I am drinking The House Bruar 10 years old single malt whisky
I never ever have seen it in any booze stores, so I get it from Scotland.
I like this taste specifical, but sanme time classic single malt , exelent to chily autumn evening

----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2013 - 22:26
SmokyPeat

My favorites for the time being are the Talisker 10 and Laphroaig 10 as far as the smoky ones are concerned. I'm also quite fond of the Dalmore 12 which I recently bought even though it's not a very complex tasting scotch.

Any bourbon enthusiasts here?
25.09.2013 - 00:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by SmokyPeat on 24.09.2013 at 22:26

My favorites for the time being are the Talisker 10 and Laphroaig 10 as far as the smoky ones are concerned. I'm also quite fond of the Dalmore 12 which I recently bought even though it's not a very complex tasting scotch.

Any bourbon enthusiasts here?

Good ones but now I need more older more expenice, even those are good, but what can I say , I am just a poor boy who needs drink aged 10 years

why I did not born in royal, aristocratical fgamily whit secrets and money , then I could drink every day good stuff and die young
----

apos;'
[image]
08.10.2013 - 19:58
Mercyful_Kate

I was never a Scotch drinker until I had a glass of Lagavulin 16. It's still my go-to winter whisky. I also have a 28 year Bowmore in my pantry.
08.10.2013 - 23:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 08.10.2013 at 19:58

I was never a Scotch drinker until I had a glass of Lagavulin 16. It's still my go-to winter whisky. I also have a 28 year Bowmore in my pantry.

I hade a rare bowmore 50 or 60 years old 66% stromg single casket waht cost 3000 pounds at that time, after it I hardly can drink ordinary maltm but I need 4 years to get beck to blandet what I do when I have no money
----

apos;'
[image]
09.10.2013 - 01:43
BitterCOld
The Ancient One

I absolutely love Lagavulin. Seldom enjoy it like I used to, as the price skyrocketed.

A friend bought me some 18yo Bowmore for my B-day several years back, it was tasty... I can't even imagine another decade of aging. I am jealous.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.10.2013 - 14:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Went to a pot still festival last Friday and had the following whiskies (also had quite a few calvados, armagnac and cognac but I won't list those)

Entrance fee to the fest was 30 euro but that was unlimited tasting. For the so-called 'treasure chest' part of the festival an additional 20 euros had to be paid and you would get only 5 drinks. But coming across the Black Bowmore 1964 and Bowmore 1964 there the entrance fee was more than made up for

Bowmore 1964
Black Bowmore 1964 40.5% aparently under 1,000 bottles of this were bottled, so it iss extremely exclusive and no idea what price tag is attached to this. But we found it in the so called 'treasure chest' part of the festival for which a separate entrance fee had to be paid.
Bowmore 16 1989
Glenfarclas 12 43.0%
Glenfarclas 15 46.0%
Glenfarclas 25 43.0%
Glenfarclas 105 60.0%
Glenfarclas Family Cask 1970 46.0%
Glenfarclas Pot Still Reserve Sherry Cask 43.0%
Gordon & MacPhail Reserve The Best Choice Bladnoch 1993 60.6%
Gordon & MacPhail Reserve The Best Choice Caol Ila 1990 53.1%
Gordon & MacPhail Reserve The Best Choice Glenburgie 1997 58.1%
Gordon & MacPhail Reserve The Best Choice Glenrothes 1999 56.4%
Gordon & MacPhail connoiseurs choice & retro collection Berinnes 1976 c.c. 43.0%
Gordon & MacPhail connoiseurs choice & retro collection Clynelish 1994 c.c. 43.0%
Gordon & MacPhail connoiseurs choice & retro collection Ardmore 1991 57.3%
Gordon & MacPhail connoiseurs choice & retro collection Highland Park 2001 57.7%
Lagavulin 37 year old 51.0%
Port Ellen 34 year old 55.0%
Talisker 27 year old 56.1%
Tamdhu Speyside 34 years
The MacPhail's Collection Speyside 1962 Tamdhu
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2013 - 16:09
Mercyful_Kate

Written by BitterCOld on 09.10.2013 at 01:43

I absolutely love Lagavulin. Seldom enjoy it like I used to, as the price skyrocketed.

A friend bought me some 18yo Bowmore for my B-day several years back, it was tasty... I can't even imagine another decade of aging. I am jealous.

I must admit that I haven't even opened the bottle yet. I'm waiting for a nice cold night for that.
24.02.2014 - 14:37
Ekstasis

Currently I am packing a bottle of Chapter 9 by The English Whiskey Co and also a bottle of Talisker 10 which I had never wanted to try because of its smokiness (prefer speyside single malts usually) but its smokiness is balanced well with its sweeter notes and it makes for a great drink on a cold winter night. Finished off a bottle of Cardhu single malt last week which is another one of my favoured tipples.
24.02.2014 - 21:05
SmokyPeat

Consider trying Eagle Rare bourbon if you can get your hands on it. Even though some of you scotch fans may not be too avid on sipping some american whiskey, I urge you to give this one a shot. One of my favorite whiskies so far.
24.12.2014 - 02:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2013 at 14:13

Black Bowmore 1964 40.5% aparently under 1,000 bottles of this were bottled, so it iss extremely exclusive and no idea what price tag is attached to this. But we found it in the so called 'treasure chest' part of the festival for which a separate entrance fee had to be paid.

best I ever have but I hade also some limited edition but 66% strong
----

apos;'
[image]
24.12.2014 - 02:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
BenRiach 12 years old single malt

I have not analyze whisky so much as I did whit beer, but I am chilling whit this single malt good Speyside malt, uniuque taste , maybe best single malt whit no taste as blended has, more pure, just pure alcohol, smoothness, I love single malt but I love luxury as well
Whisky is like women, less you have it more you know how good they are

----

apos;'
[image]
14.08.2016 - 08:28
Nyarlatothep

Reviving the thread as it needs to be done. Can never spank a dead unicorn to much.

A few days ago I got me a Glenmorangia Original (replaced the old 10 Y.O) from the "New" Production line (I'm slow, I know). Still mighty fine, refined and pure, the core and heart of Glenmorangie.

As value for Money, its along With the 10 Y.O Ardbeg, its among the best in its price range.
----
"To defend one's life and the safety of one's fatherland is the prize and excellence of this discipline"
15.08.2016 - 11:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Aberlour 12 Year Old , Double Cask Matured

great single malt, weird taste but I like it, like I said man in my age and older don't woman, he needs such whsiky, metal and some good meal. Exelent drink

----

apos;'
[image]
25.10.2016 - 01:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Loch Lomond Original, single malt 40¤

Not bad actually even my whisky taste is luxury as ruler class not working class , I am not desapointed, drinking whit friends ehhh , well 40 years old, 20 years old some rare , limited, single cased, its my type, my life, like I told man after 30 only passion what we can have is music, craft beer and good whisky. rest are men meaningless

----

apos;'
[image]
01.12.2016 - 02:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
The Ileach - Single malt
I am havving a drinks(it was written in past not now) whit my mates, its awesome cheap malt whisky what eblonsg to higher class, anway I love it, tatsev like smoked what so ever, awesome smokey taste, great cheap whisky maybe best I had so far.... I am man of taste and well, I never reject good whisky and beer, company, if we can talk philosophical things.

----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2016 - 01:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Glenfarclas 105 Cask Strength 60% Vol.

Finally opened this beauty, 60% strong real Scottish single malt, 40% is not whisky same as good beer is over 6% whisky for me is 45% but hard to get. This was bought in Scotland. I love luxury life, good booze, good life quallity, good thinks. Its like you enter in some strop bar whit turds and strippers, cheap cigarettes, moonshine, or you stay home, fire place, candle lights, intellectual philosophic toughs, conversation and other things. This is not for everybody, for every day, taste damn good. 60& make sit special, malt taste is so special. Its awesome, what else you need? Good music its passion you need learn craft beer and whisky maybe at age 50 you can be expert, I am to young to master all, but I am learning.

----

apos;'
[image]
11.02.2017 - 01:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Speyburn highland single malt

A go away party whit my ex room mates. Just few lads handled a bottle in old days before good football match, derby game. Whisky was bad, malt but I am luxury lover, I need limited edition 20-40 years barrel aged. More aged, darker color. I love whisky, but like I said I need drink good quality, not working class.

----

apos;'
[image]
23.10.2017 - 13:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Jura single malt whisky 8 years 40%
16 years 40% and
25 years 46%

Gosh 25 old I love it, I after ordinary 8, 10 ,12 years I start drink 18, 25 and damn I like whisky what has more as 40% ,,, 66% what I still have, a lot but 45% is good, even I would say 50%

Louglavin 16 years 43%
Raganmore 12, 40% and
Taliosker 10, 46%

Its my last 2 3 months party all was 1l bottles
----

apos;'
[image]
01.12.2017 - 14:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old
43%
I didn't like ton soft smooth, to light, I like whisky what has darker color. What taste more smoke

Glabfarclas 60 years old
Damn bets what I ever have tatsted, I want it and want it more, I like to live luxuary life I cant live working live, I want drink good whisky, old whisky and eat good food in fansy restaraunts 4 portions, because one is to small. Great whisky

Bunnahabhain 18 Years Old, 46,3%
Damn awesome, somehow lately I like starter as 40% but its good, you can ttaste it cant drink all up in same time, to start, but like I said more % to beer and whisky its better to all
----

apos;'
[image]
03.12.2017 - 02:33
Drippy.Hippie

Oban is the best scotch I've ever tried. I introduced my dad to it years ago and he's crazy about it as well. But FUCK it's hard to find in this town!
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
04.12.2017 - 23:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Drippy.Hippie on 03.12.2017 at 02:33

Oban is the best scotch I've ever tried. I introduced my dad to it years ago and he's crazy about it as well. But FUCK it's hard to find in this town!

30-60 yers old no matter what limited edition are great, Its hard to drink ordinary malt after trying good ones
----

apos;'
[image]