Metal Storm logo
New V-shape guitar (BC Rich vs. Epiphone vs. Gibson)

01.01.2009 - 18:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Well for my second guitar which i plan on buying up until the end of the year i want a V-shaped one, not RR V but King V or Flying V. i plan on either one of these 5 little monsters:

-Getting a king V from BC Rich, either

http://www.bcrich.com/v_speed_it_polar.asp , this one looks pretty damn awesome but i didn't yet find it on any online store which makes deliveries in romania(at a reasonable price) :rolleyes:

or http://www.thomann.de/de/bc_rich_kerry_king_signature_v.htm?sid=e4aa2b801dba61862230e6f3b19f3666 this one, which would rule because of the tremolo, pickups and badass paintjob. lol there's a site which says this beast weighs 10 kilograms, or 24 pounds lol. talk about a heavy guitar

-Getting a flying V from Epiphone or Gibson, specifically one of these three:

http://www.musik-produktiv.de/epiphone-designer-58er-flying-v-korina.aspx- by far the cheapest out of the list and the most flashy

http://www.musik-produktiv.de/gibson-flying-v-faded.aspx- it says gibson on the headstock well it looks damn good, the pickups are mighty fine and OMG! KK Downing has a very similar guitar LOL

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Gibson-Flying-V-Faded-WW-Worn-White/art-GIT0012210-000- this one i'd buy for tonal variety, i mean 3 pickups! and it's white, and white guitars look siiiick. other than that it's not too different from the "normal" faded flying v.

what i am asking is, which of these guitars is owned by someone from around here, and do they have any shortcomings? was the factory setup good? is the sound ok? does the finish wear off easily? etc
01.01.2009 - 19:42
Branzig
Is money not an issue? Because most of those axes are pricey as hell. You can get something much better or on par for much less.
----
In Grind We Crust
02.01.2009 - 00:14
Soliloquy
Look into dean
washburn
ltd/esp
jackson
schecter
tokai
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
02.01.2009 - 00:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Branzig on 01.01.2009 at 19:42

Is money not an issue? Because most of those axes are pricey as hell. You can get something much better or on par for much less.

why yes of course it is lol, imo they're not really that expensive though, what then about vintage gibson les pauls?
02.01.2009 - 10:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Gibson is superior to BC Rich in every aspect of the word. ive said it before and i'll say it again. the only good anything BC Rich makes are custom instruments. everything else is gaaaaaarbage.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.01.2009 - 22:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 02.01.2009 at 10:39

Gibson is superior to BC Rich in every aspect of the word. ive said it before and i'll say it again. the only good anything BC Rich makes are custom instruments. everything else is gaaaaaarbage.

man, if kerry king plays it, then i'll play it too
03.01.2009 - 01:09
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 02.01.2009 at 22:13

fair enough. but if you do get a King V, get the good one, not the one that comes with the 5 watt amp and other shit.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.01.2009 - 21:36
thesabbathfan
Kerry king fuck yes

if you dont get the KK guitar, i'll slash your balls D=<
and then so will kerry fucking king himself
----
14.01.2009 - 19:04
routa
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 02.01.2009 at 22:13

Why would he play a mass produced signature guitar?
17.01.2009 - 10:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff

the only good anything BC Rich makes are custom instruments.

Even then, most of the pros you see using BC Riches have the things gutted and replaced with parts from like thunderbirds and shit (as far as bass goes), so its pretty much just another instrument with a BC Rich body and what not.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.01.2009 - 21:06
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Agreed, forget about BC Rich. I played the flat black Schecter flying V the other day and it does play rather well, but godamn it's hard to hold without a strap as I almost dropped the damn thing three times when I was sitting on a stool. For the $400 it seemed good, but I prefer my Hellraiser-Tempest, not entirely sure why mine is double the prices other than it has active EMGs, could be that it's a through body neck but I just prefer the shape of the guitar personally.
27.01.2009 - 12:57
Eeric
Account deleted
Take the first one