‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
Users visited: 122  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Lokomotiv on 06.07.2006 at 03:03
If there is ONE band that had been inportant for me in my Metal life, it's Hypocrisy.

I think Peter Tägtgren is the most creative Metal musician, and their self-titled album is the best stuff ever written in Extreme Metal... there's not other album even similar to it, and it's the perfect mix between thrill, horror, sadness and aggression...

I was introduced to this band through Abducted, the album with which they began to straight-forward experiment, creating a very unique sound and with all those imaginery based in aliens and unknown shit in general, which is pretty well done and it's very scary... then I passed to "Into The Abyss", that actually is one of my least favourite Hypocrisy albums because there's like no change between many songs, but it still has two of my all times favourite songs by the band: "Blinded" and specially the extraordinary, epic and blood-chilling "Fire In The Sky"

Right now I'm obsessed by almost every single album they had made, from the brutal Death beginnings with Masse Bromberg on the vocals to the kind of Gothemburg sound of "Virus"...

what more can I say??? this band is just... over-the-top

Page 6 of 6

AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

29.10.2011 at 14:21
Hell Over Sofia DVD is already out, it was released on the 21st of October. And I'm gonna have to wait till December probably, before I get it.... So it's time now that I start mentioning people, this would be a very lovely New year's present for me....
----
In the end it's every man for himself.
JÄY
Metal slave

30.10.2011 at 01:50
I really like their newer stuff. I think their last 2 albums are their (his) best. The biggest problem with anything before Virus was the back and fourth of straight foreward, fast melodic death and slow, atmospheric songs...it really put me off. But it seems like I'm alone in this opinion.
king_matt

30.10.2011 at 02:07
Best album? I heard a few songs and I dig 'em.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
Diabolo

30.10.2011 at 13:16
My all time fav album is "Osculum Obscenum" from 1993!!
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

30.10.2011 at 14:00
Hypocrisy, on basically all their albums post-Osculum Obscenum, are plagued with boring mediocre mid-paced tracks which prevents pretty much any album being great for me. I tend to cherry-pick tracks from each album rather than going on whole albums. I really like Penetralia though.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]

Login or register to post here.