Metal Storm logo
Masterplan - Vocalist Leaves The Band

Vocalist Mike DiMeo (ex-Riot) has confirmed he parted ways with Masterplan. On a blog on his MySpace he writes as follows:

"I did some really cool session work and have a bunch of releases slated for 2009 of which I am really looking forward to. One of them is with Australian band "Ilium" and I am really happy with how it turned out. I also do want to confirm that I am no longer working with the Masterplan guys, although I have nothing but profound respect for them and continue to wish them nothing but success in the future." (Read the whole message here)

Although Masterplan has yet to announce a replacement for DiMeo, guitarist Roland Grapow wrote in an online posting in November that the band had commenced the recording sessions for a new studio album, which is tentatively expected in May/June via AFM Records.

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Masterplan
Posted: 12.01.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 171 users
12.01.2009 - 13:52
Slyfang

Not even a reason for leaving? just 'hey, things are going great with the band. oh by the way, i quit'?
12.01.2009 - 14:22
Baz Anderson

Well either they started recording with Mike on vocals, or they do already have a new singer.
Roland is a fantastic singer himself, but he doesn't have a bluesy kind of voice.

I know it probably isn't even a possibility, but I am sure everyone is wishing Jørn will step back into the band.
12.01.2009 - 14:52
Promonex
Cathemeral
Not everyone. I still wish the singer who first was rumored to join Masterplan after Jørn left would step up: Kelly Sundown Carpenter. He had done an absolutely brilliant job when he replaced Jørn in Beyond Twilight and I'm sure he'd fit quite well with Masterplan as well. And looking at the Myspace sites of Kelly and Roland Grapow, they have each other as top friends, so if this means anything, then that there shouldn't be too many obstacles on a personal level.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
12.01.2009 - 14:57
Talvi

Written by Promonex on 12.01.2009 at 14:52

Not everyone. I still wish the singer who first was rumored to join Masterplan after Jørn left would step up: Kelly Sundown Carpenter. He had done an absolutely brilliant job when he replaced Jørn in Beyond Twilight and I'm sure he'd fit quite well with Masterplan as well. And looking at the Myspace sites of Kelly and Roland Grapow, they have each other as top friends, so if this means anything, then that there shouldn't be too many obstacles on a personal level.

No please! Carpenter is a too good vocalist for a soso band like Masterplan. Even though that would make me intersted in the band...
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
12.01.2009 - 16:07
Infurnace

Written by Irritable Ted on 12.01.2009 at 15:57

Written by Baz Anderson on 12.01.2009 at 14:22

Well either they started recording with Mike on vocals, or they do already have a new singer.
Roland is a fantastic singer himself, but he doesn't have a bluesy kind of voice.

I know it probably isn't even a possibility, but I am sure everyone is wishing Jørn will step back into the band.

Jorn coming back would be fantastic, the first two albums were brillant, the third not so good, so i'm not that bothered that Mike is leaving.

Why did Jorn leave the first time?

How about getting Mike Kiske instead, a bit of an old school Helloween reunion, Kai Hansen as well. I seem to remember hearing in the past that this might be a possibility,but not under the Masterplan name though.

Yeah, I agree. Jorn returning to Masterplan would be awesome, but I think the chance is slim to none. If I remember correctly Jorn left Masterplan because it wasn't the musical style he really wanted to perform. And yeah, I agree on the albums as well. The first two were really great, but the last one wasn't that special.
12.01.2009 - 18:40
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
A perfect opportunity for Kiske to come back LOL...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
12.01.2009 - 21:24
Jari

Kiske doesn't fit for Masterplan's music, Roland said this himself.
Anyways i heard Jorn said in an interview sometime ago he is making a album with Roland so if it isn't Masterplan's new then what?
12.01.2009 - 22:04
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Two words: good riddance.
Actually, I don't want to be harsh, and I somewhat like him, he is indeed a good singer. But he lacks Jorn's energy and diversity.
As for Kiske, please no! To have Jorn back would be ideal, but I see he has a new solo album in the making, so his return doesn't seem much probable.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
13.01.2009 - 02:45
Sheol

Evidently they already have a new singer:

"We'll putt out more news about our new singer soon!
So stay tuned and expect big things coming around..."

I never really liked Di Meo. But it was nice to see Masterplan up and running again.
13.01.2009 - 03:10
opeth771

DiMaio didn't fit Masterplan's sound and they even have to adjust their sound to fit his voice in.

I pray every day that Jorn would comeback to Masterplan. If that ever happens, im gunna be soooo happy.¸

Whoever suggested Michael Kiske, I agree it would be freaking nice.
13.01.2009 - 07:14
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
It would be great if the godly voice of Jorn returns to Masterplan, let's see what happens in the next days.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
13.01.2009 - 13:50
Baz Anderson

Hmmm indeed, Kelly Sundown Carpenter does sound like he would fit the band perfectly!

It won't be Kiske, we know that for sure. Roland, Kai Hansen and Kiske are supposed to be working on a project themselves anyway. I think the last anyone heard of that was in my interview with Roland in 2007 though.
14.01.2009 - 01:22
Kaede

I do + vouch for Jorn Lande
15.01.2009 - 18:14
BORT

He sucked anyways
Jorn is way better
15.01.2009 - 19:36
BlankFile

Well i don´t like is voice anyway, so i hope Masterplan invites Jorn Lande again...

Hits total: 11046 | This month: 7