Metal Storm logo
Best Band From Finland

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 06.07.2006 - 15:37
Finland is one of the best metal countries they have so many great metal bands and they have great styles like COB,ETOS,norther and kalmah and the folk, like Korpiklaani,Moonsorrow,Finntroll,Winrtersun etc. but give me your point of view what band do you think is better and why

for me it is Stratovarius its one of my favorite bands, i love everything on it , the vocals (Kotipelto is the best damn singer ever) , the guitars are just perfect, the keyboards too , bass and drums are outstanding, yes i know that most of the songs of Stratovarius have the same structure but i still love those guys;D

Poll

Whats your favorite band from finland and why

other...
Children Of Bodom
Nightwish
Moonsorrow
Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius
Amorphis
Sentenced
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow

Total votes: 440
01.05.2015 - 15:58
WinterPariah
Sonata Arctica are my personal favorite (so they obviously got my vote) but I certainly do enjoy Moonsorrow, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, Nightwish and Stratovarius from the list as well.
----

... no need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray ...
01.05.2015 - 16:15
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I think I have said it before.

It's Reactor.
12.06.2015 - 12:43
I voted for Stratovarius, of course. They're Finland's finest!
----
Hugh Hefner über alles!
24.06.2015 - 20:51
Impaled Nazarene! Why? Because they uniquely blended black metal with punk influences to create some blasphemous (in a good way) masterpieces. Check them out if you want something different. Finland has a truly extreme side as well. My second choice would be Rotten Sound. One of the greatest grindcore bands since the turn of the millenium. Inspired stuff!
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
30.06.2015 - 15:07
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
From the choices given I have went with Stratovarius. While I think Timo Tolkki is possibly the most overrated guitarist/songwriter in power metal history, the last 3 albums released without him have been amazing. They are genuinely getting better with age and I'm actually excited about the new album . Don't get me wrong, albums like Visions are excellent, but Timo was far too simple and all the albums from mid 90s to early 00s just ended up sounding generic and samey.
30.12.2016 - 20:44
Fulcrum
I did vote for Nightwish as they're hands down the most famous of all - none from Finland has achieved it. But my heart would vote Amorphis, just because the Nightwish show in Bulgaria was a parade of assholes. Sorry for language but that was it.