Metal Storm logo
Best Thrash Band

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 06.07.2006 - 15:56
Thrash.. is maybe one of the best styles of metal there are many great bands from the US and from germany too , whats your favorite

so give me your opinion what band is faster,more original,more heavy etc.

for me Metallica they are simply brilliant well they were first 4 albums are metal classics

Poll

What band is better?

Slayer
Metallica
Other...
Megadeth
Kreator
Pantera
Sepultura
Exodus
Destruction

Total votes: 456
05.02.2011 - 12:49
marouco

Metallica until the black album included.
05.02.2011 - 15:24
Beer Fairy

Written by ferm on 04.08.2010 at 09:14

Where is Sodom???

Sodom is best I think'

Like Toxic Holocaust to. Slayer is the best of your listed except for "others".

I totally agree with you! Sodom is my favourite thrash band and Toxic Holocaust are amazing too, I can't wait for the new album!
05.02.2011 - 15:26
JohnDoe
Account deleted
No Testament?
05.02.2011 - 17:35
marouco

No Heathen, no Desaster, no Possessed, no Agent Steel, No Overkill, no Annihilator but the shity pantera is in there...
27.04.2011 - 02:43
king_matt

Written by marouco on 05.02.2011 at 17:35

No Heathen, no Desaster, no Possessed, no Agent Steel, No Overkill, no Annihilator but the shity pantera is in there...

Why don't you like Pantera? They had an original sound and a great guitarist. It may sound a little over-produced, but that doesn't mean it's bad by any means.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
27.04.2011 - 02:45
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Read my sig. Also, Pantera isn't thrash. Anybody who voted for them has no idea what thrash is. Not to mention that walk is the absolute most overrated metal song ever. More overrated than Enter Sadman.
27.04.2011 - 04:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by king_matt on 27.04.2011 at 02:43

Why don't you like Pantera? They had an original sound and a great guitarist. It may sound a little over-produced, but that doesn't mean it's bad by any means.

Pantera is too groove-influenced for my tastes and sound completely dry. Their "classics" are boring and everything after them is just plain awful. Personally I think they're the worst-ever popular thrash band.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.04.2011 - 04:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 27.04.2011 at 02:45

Also, Pantera isn't thrash... Not to mention that walk is the absolute most overrated metal song ever. More overrated than Enter Sadman.

Agreed, I personally consider Pantera a groove metal band - which is an offshoot of thrash, but not pure thrash by any means.

As for Walk...

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.04.2011 - 05:27
king_matt

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.04.2011 at 04:58

Written by Guest on 27.04.2011 at 02:45

Also, Pantera isn't thrash... Not to mention that walk is the absolute most overrated metal song ever. More overrated than Enter Sadman.

Agreed, I personally consider Pantera a groove metal band - which is an offshoot of thrash, but not pure thrash by any means.

As for Walk...

I like Pantera but I agree.
----
27.04.2011 - 05:33
Yasmine

Testament, and Agent steel are the ones I like best because of the shredd components, after that Overkill.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
08.05.2011 - 23:40
king_matt

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.04.2011 at 04:55

Written by king_matt on 27.04.2011 at 02:43

Pantera is too groove-influenced for my tastes and sound completely dry. Their "classics" are boring and everything after them is just plain awful. Personally I think they're the worst-ever popular thrash band.

Okay, I respect your opinion, but they sound extremely thrashy to me.
----
09.05.2011 - 02:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by king_matt on 08.05.2011 at 23:40

Okay, I respect your opinion, but they sound extremely thrashy to me.

They sound like a thrash band because they are - just not pure thrash. They're groove metal, which is one of thrash's only sub-genres.
----
09.05.2011 - 06:11
Yasmine

Hehehehe while I don;t see anything in theory that validates the term groove metal or makes Pantera a consistant thrash band but however I would love to hear other people tell me what makes them sound "thrash". Which riffs, etc etc? And I agree with Troy, thrash or not they're genric as it gets.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
09.05.2011 - 06:20
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Written by Yasmine on 09.05.2011 at 06:11

Hehehehe while I don;t see anything in theory that validates the term groove metal or makes Pantera a consistant thrash band but however I would love to hear other people tell me what makes them sound "thrash". Which riffs, etc etc? And I agree with Troy, thrash or not they're genric as it gets.

If it makes you wanna grab a beer and violently ram into people and break shit, than it's thrash.
09.05.2011 - 07:07
Yasmine

Written by Guest on 09.05.2011 at 06:20

If it makes you wanna grab a beer and violently ram into people and break shit, than it's thrash.

Not sure I can relate, sir Void, Estrogen and all.....lol
----
09.05.2011 - 07:27
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Written by Yasmine on 09.05.2011 at 07:07

If it breaks your water when your not pregnant, it's thrash.
09.05.2011 - 08:38
Yasmine

Written by Guest on 09.05.2011 at 07:27

Written by Yasmine on 09.05.2011 at 07:07

If it breaks your water when your not pregnant, it's thrash.

hahahaha, terrible.
----
10.05.2011 - 00:54
Guib
Thrash Talker
Pantera is thrash IMO at least lol maybe not all albums but definitely, Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display Of Power and Far Beyond Driven
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.05.2011 - 03:08
blacktooth85

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph....how is a band that only released 4 thrash albums have the most votes? I voted Slayer...Exodus and Testament were close too
11.05.2011 - 18:41
avigruss

In these list I prefer Slayer
16.05.2011 - 06:25
GroundZero

Slayer, because they have always been a Thrash Metal band.
16.05.2011 - 06:45
Yasmine

Yes, but shouldn't always being GOOD thrash metal count for more?
----
16.05.2011 - 07:02
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Not to mention that Slayer's dabbeled in nu metal territory before. Although I do love Slayer.
16.05.2011 - 07:28
Yasmine

Written by Guest on 16.05.2011 at 07:02

Not to mention that Slayer's dabbeled in nu metal territory before. Although I do love Slayer.

lol you like a lot of thrash, I however, unlike power metal and tech death, need to be in the mood.

I like Artillery, Testament, Overkill, Agent Steel and a number of others, Neither Metallica, Slayer of Megadeth's musicianship or songwriting comes close to any of those bands, that is until Chris joined megadeth, but the songwriting......lacking.
----
16.05.2011 - 07:30
Void_Eater
Account deleted
^Artillery is hella underrated; By Inheritance has gotta be one of the most underrated thrash albums out there. Which reminds me, I gotta check out they're newest album. I could never get into Testament though, nothing really seemed to seperate them from the other 80's thrash hordes.
16.05.2011 - 07:44
Yasmine

Written by Guest on 16.05.2011 at 07:30

^Artillery is hella underrated; By Inheritance has gotta be one of the most underrated thrash albums out there. Which reminds me, I gotta check out they're newest album. I could never get into Testament though, nothing really seemed to seperate them from the other 80's thrash hordes.

Study Alex's solos, you'll come to like it, and Murphy on low, love the song Dog Faced God's, great heavy tune. I love Artillery's Khomaniac, and Agent Steel's 144,000 gone, Cyriis hits A6 like a boss.
----
16.05.2011 - 09:49
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Yasmine on 16.05.2011 at 07:28

lol you like a lot of thrash, I however, unlike power metal and tech death, need to be in the mood.

I like Artillery, Testament, Overkill, Agent Steel and a number of others, Neither Metallica, Slayer of Megadeth's musicianship or songwriting comes close to any of those bands, that is until Chris joined megadeth, but the songwriting......lacking.

wow... you don't like tech death Makes me sad
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.05.2011 - 10:49
Yasmine

Written by Guib on 16.05.2011 at 09:49

No I was saying I need to be in the mood for thrash and black metal, but I'll listen to tech death and power metal anytime, always. I probably dream about the stuff. lol
----
16.05.2011 - 18:35
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Yasmine on 16.05.2011 at 10:49

Written by Guib on 16.05.2011 at 09:49

No I was saying I need to be in the mood for thrash and black metal, but I'll listen to tech death and power metal anytime, always. I probably dream about the stuff. lol

AHHH ok sorry totally misunderstood
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.05.2011 - 18:50
Marillion

ANNIHILATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!