Metal Storm logo
Best Thrash Band

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 06.07.2006 - 15:56
Thrash.. is maybe one of the best styles of metal there are many great bands from the US and from germany too , whats your favorite

so give me your opinion what band is faster,more original,more heavy etc.

for me Metallica they are simply brilliant well they were first 4 albums are metal classics

Poll

What band is better?

Slayer
Metallica
Other...
Megadeth
Kreator
Pantera
Sepultura
Exodus
Destruction

Total votes: 456
14.10.2011 - 10:36
LichBorne
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.10.2011 at 10:31

Written by LichBorne on 14.10.2011 at 10:29
they are more thrash then power, but anyway... I like them!

Ya I only mentioned them because of their...hybrid style I guess, even though the focus is definitely on thrash.

The other bands are kind of thrash/heavy/power or whatever, so you should enjoy them based on your musical taste.

As for who I think the best thrash band is (to respond to the topic)... Probably Sodom, Overkill, or Slayer. Don't make me pick because I can't.

Ok, mate, thanks... I like Slayer and Overkill, and I will try to find something from Sodom.
If you have any more band to recomend me, please do it!
oh, and sorry for my not-good English... I hope you understand!
14.10.2011 - 10:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by LichBorne on 14.10.2011 at 10:36

Broken English is easier for me to understand than Serbian.

You might wanna take a look at Guib's all-time list of thrash metal albums, or just look up bands similar to Artillery, Sodom, Kreator, Testament, Destruction, Overkill, Toxik, Coroner, Exodus, etc.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.10.2011 - 11:00
LichBorne
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.10.2011 at 10:47

Written by LichBorne on 14.10.2011 at 10:36

Broken English is easier for me to understand than Serbian.

You might wanna take a look at Guib's all-time list of thrash metal albums, or just look up bands similar to Artillery, Sodom, Kreator, Testament, Destruction, Overkill, Toxik, Coroner, Exodus, etc.

heheh...
I will look up something from this link you gave me.
Thanks once again!
14.10.2011 - 20:01
Guib
Thrash Talker

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.10.2011 at 10:00

Written by LichBorne on 14.10.2011 at 09:54
hehe... I'm a hardcore power-metal-head, so I guess you are right!

Have you heard of Artillery? If you like power but you wanna venture into some thrash, Artillery's more modern works would be right up your alley. And Imagika, Résistance, Megahera, etc.

Although I can't really say much about those albums - I just listen to a song or two from Youtube to see if I should check them out.

ye, Artillery is awesome... they are more thrash then power, but anyway... I like them! and I will see about this other bands you meantioned.

Also if you're a fan of power/heavy metal and just like Troy said you wanna venture into thrash try Striker, their album Eyes In The Night
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.10.2011 - 20:48
LichBorne
Written by Guib on 14.10.2011 at 20:01

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.10.2011 at 10:00

Written by LichBorne on 14.10.2011 at 09:54
hehe... I'm a hardcore power-metal-head, so I guess you are right!

Have you heard of Artillery? If you like power but you wanna venture into some thrash, Artillery's more modern works would be right up your alley. And Imagika, Résistance, Megahera, etc.

Although I can't really say much about those albums - I just listen to a song or two from Youtube to see if I should check them out.

ye, Artillery is awesome... they are more thrash then power, but anyway... I like them! and I will see about this other bands you meantioned.

Also if you're a fan of power/heavy metal and just like Troy said you wanna venture into thrash try Striker, their album Eyes In The Night

thanks mate. I have found some more thrash/power/metal bands here on metalstorm. Smilar like Striker or Artillery
15.10.2011 - 00:24
Frost Beast
Account deleted
I think this is the millionth thrash battle thread on MS...
15.10.2011 - 03:33
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Well, at least this is an old one... not one of the massive amount that have sprung up over the last two years. it's older than anyone else who has posted on this particular page.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
15.10.2011 - 05:17
Mattybu
I voted for Slayer, there's a lot of good thrash out there but for me they definitely reign over the genre.

16.10.2011 - 01:19
Lit.
Account deleted
Thought I already posted in this thread. Oh well.
My pick is always gonna be Megadeth. Secondary picks would be Testament, Exodus and Overkill.

To be honest, I don't get what you people see in Slayer. Everyone talks about Metallica being overrated. If you want to talk about overrating, Slayer is the band that should be in the conversation.
16.10.2011 - 01:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 16.10.2011 at 01:19
Slayer is the band that should be in the conversation.

All well-known bands are overrated.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.10.2011 - 01:24
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.10.2011 at 01:20

Written by Guest on 16.10.2011 at 01:19
Slayer is the band that should be in the conversation.

All well-known bands are overrated.

True.
I remember seeing a quote somewhere on this site that went "My favorite Band: Underrated. Your favorite band: Overrated."
16.10.2011 - 01:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 16.10.2011 at 01:24
I remember seeing a quote somewhere on this site that went "My favorite Band: Underrated. Your favorite band: Overrated."

Reminds me of "Your favorite band sucks."

It's funny because people really get riled up by that stuff. Like one of my all-time favorite bands is Slayer, but logically I can see why some people consider them overrated. They've released their good stuff* a long time ago, they stuck to their guns playing thrash but still released a lot of weak material*, and they've been riding the waves of their success as part of The Big Four ever since.

What's funny is when the fanboys go all SLAYER > METALLICA to start flame wars because they can't accept the fact that not everybody in the world listens to Slayer.

* subjective

/rant?
----
16.10.2011 - 06:23
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
I think the my favorite band: underrated, your favorite band: overrated was my doing...
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
16.10.2011 - 06:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by BitterCOld on 16.10.2011 at 06:23
I think the my favorite band: underrated, your favorite band: overrated was my doing...

It does sound like something you'd say.
----
16.10.2011 - 06:31
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.10.2011 at 06:27

it is not my opinion so much as everyone else on the thread spouting rampant stupidity which all boiled down to basically that statement.
----

16.10.2011 - 16:16
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by BitterCOld on 16.10.2011 at 06:31

Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.10.2011 at 06:27

it is not my opinion so much as everyone else on the thread spouting rampant stupidity which all boiled down to basically that statement.

OK... its great and all, really. But uh... anyone heard Hellcannon ?
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.10.2011 - 16:25
JD
Account deleted

My favorite band is underrated, your favorite band sucks.

Fixed. You're welcome.
25.10.2011 - 20:25
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Coroner
28.10.2011 - 21:20
Misfit74
Destruction.

I love the entire list, though.
29.10.2011 - 20:52
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
No havok? pfft... what kind of list is this.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
31.10.2011 - 17:30
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.10.2011 at 20:52

well dude Havok are pretty new, I mean they only have 2 albums... I think its more appropriate to add bands with more experience when talking about best thrash band and anyways you got the OTHER option
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
31.10.2011 - 19:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guib on 31.10.2011 at 17:30
I think its more appropriate to add bands with more experience when talking about best thrash band

Spoken like a true thrash fan; even though you love the new stuff, you're not blind to the fact they haven't released 5+ amazing albums. Nice to see. Some people are already hailing a lot of these two-album bands as the greatest acts of all time. It's like...how about we wait a while and see if they drop a Lulu on us all, because then you might change your mind.
----
31.10.2011 - 21:14
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.10.2011 at 19:57

I think its more appropriate to add bands with more experience when talking about best thrash band

Spoken like a true thrash fan; even though you love the new stuff, you're not blind to the fact they haven't released 5+ amazing albums. Nice to see. Some people are already hailing a lot of these two-album bands as the greatest acts of all time. It's like...how about we wait a while and see if they drop a Lulu on us all, because then you might change your mind.

Oh ya I agree to that of course, they might drop crap on us, but anyways what they dropped now... is great lets just keep that in mind. I never said I didn't like the old Thrash Troy if you would've explored my Thrash list you would know. But, so many people despise the new wave just because they are there... pisses me off sometimes. But yeah you can't talk about The Best Thrash band... without the old classic acts thats for sure, nothing beats the 80's because they created Thrash and modeled it to perfection, but the revivalists are doing a great job even dropping new stuff just look at Skeletonwitch, Toxic Holocaust, Hellcannon, Vektor Im just glad Thrash is still alive and has blood pumping in its veins.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
02.11.2011 - 04:14
robbyAGONY
Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.10.2011 at 19:57

"drop a Lulu on us" is most defiantly being stolen for my personal musical lexicon. Thank you
02.11.2011 - 07:59
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin

a list and poll made before havok released an album?

it was started in 2006.
----

03.11.2011 - 13:56
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by BitterCOld on 02.11.2011 at 07:59

a list and poll made before havok released an album?

it was started in 2006.

:/
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.12.2011 - 21:26
Aristarchos
Metallica has the best melodies.
20.12.2011 - 21:46
Joppe
Steelemeister
Heathen
----
My vision is augmented
25.12.2011 - 23:31
Guib
Thrash Talker
Metallica is not winning the poll, im glad, cos they took a slayer to the knee
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
03.03.2012 - 20:50
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Well, not a single post since 25.12.2011

let me honor by opening the gates for 2012 comments horribly pouring out here...

Now on the topic.../

Nuclear Assault