Metal Storm logo
Dragon Ball Z

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2006 - 17:26
well, a thread for dragon ball/z/gt lovers.and i'll start with a question:which saga did you like the most?and which is your favorite character?
29.04.2008 - 05:06
Haightredy

"Vegeta, what's your scouter say about his power level?
IT'S OVER NINE-THOUSAND!!!!!!"

I hear they're making a Dragon Ball movie based on the tounament with Goku fighting Piccollo. It's supposed to come out in 2009.
24.05.2008 - 06:59
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I was, well, I am skeptical to how good this movie could turn out. My bad predictions were a little shaken though after I got to know that the one behind the movie is Stephen Chow. I think that he may be able to convey the concept of Dragon Ball and adapt it to real life. However, damn, how are they going to work with the fucking haircuts that these characters have in the anime? I can't even imagine how they will present real actors with those hairstyles.

On the other hand, the actor chosen to portray a young Goku seems reasonable to me:

Kind of looks like Goku if you ask me.
----
Christless
24.05.2008 - 23:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Darth Satanious on 24.05.2008 at 06:59

I was, well, I am skeptical to how good this movie could turn out. My bad predictions were a little shaken though after I got to know that the one behind the movie is Stephen Chow. I think that he may be able to convey the concept of Dragon Ball and adapt it to real life. However, damn, how are they going to work with the fucking haircuts that these characters have in the anime? I can't even imagine how they will present real actors with those hairstyles.

On the other hand, the actor chosen to portray a young Goku seems reasonable to me:

yeah, he's good. but i wouldn't worry too much about the hair. i mean i would have a problem with bald goku but as long as it's long hair, it's cool to me. it sounds too wishful probably, but i'd definetely like to see Jackie Chan in a sequel

what do you think about not having Krillin, Tien etc. in the movie? i mean, they were a big part of dragonball, why shouldn't they have even a cameo...

though i can't wait for one moment, specifically...KA-MEEEE HA-MEEEE HAAA!!!! man i miss the over the top screaming of DB(Z)
25.05.2008 - 00:04
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Valentin B on 24.05.2008 at 23:43

Written by Darth Satanious on 24.05.2008 at 06:59

yeah, he's good. but i wouldn't worry too much about the hair. i mean i would have a problem with bald goku but as long as it's long hair, it's cool to me. it sounds too wishful probably, but i'd definetely like to see Jackie Chan in a sequel

what do you think about not having Krillin, Tien etc. in the movie? i mean, they were a big part of dragonball, why shouldn't they have even a cameo...

though i can't wait for one moment, specifically...KA-MEEEE HA-MEEEE HAAA!!!! man i miss the over the top screaming of DB(Z)

As a matter of fact, I was thinking that they should drop the crazy hairstyles for a more realistic look. I also thought about a long-haired Goku. xD But of course, if they can come up with a decent look using the original hairstyles without the characters ending up looking wacky, I will prefer that. Chan in a sequel as who, Goku?

Man, I didn't know that and what I think about that is that this sucks huge dicks. WTF!!!? All the characters should be in the movie, it isn't as if we have hundreds of characters to present in the movie like what happened with the X-Men adaptation. I think that all the characters could appear. This is inexcusable.

Yeah man, that will be awesome.
----
Christless
25.05.2008 - 00:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Darth Satanious on 25.05.2008 at 00:04

As a matter of fact, I was thinking that they should drop the crazy hairstyles for a more realistic look. I also thought about a long-haired Goku. xD But of course, if they can come up with a decent look using the original hairstyles without the characters ending up looking wacky, I will prefer that. Chan in a sequel as who, Goku?

Man, I didn't know that and what I think about that is that this sucks huge dicks. WTF!!!? All the characters should be in the movie, it isn't as if we have hundreds of characters to present in the movie like what happened with the X-Men adaptation. I think that all the characters could appear. This is inexcusable.

well, i don't really know who should chan be... vegeta definetely not.. Johnathan Rhys Meyers would make an excellent Vegeta(look at one of the trailers for the Tudors on youtube, the one with 'we all know the fat, old Henry VIII. now meet the young one)- he's the young Henry VIII there. and he's terrific, psycho, explosive and arrogant as Vegeta is, not to mention he does look a little like him.

I GOT IT!! Jackie Chan as King Kai would be absolutely completely awesome!! even though Chow yun-Fat(Roshi in the movie) would be better, Chan's too thin for the part.
25.05.2008 - 00:54
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Valentin B on 25.05.2008 at 00:19

Written by Darth Satanious on 25.05.2008 at 00:04

well, i don't really know who should chan be... vegeta definetely not.. Johnathan Rhys Meyers would make an excellent Vegeta(look at one of the trailers for the Tudors on youtube, the one with 'we all know the fat, old Henry VIII. now meet the young one)- he's the young Henry VIII there. and he's terrific, psycho, explosive and arrogant as Vegeta is, not to mention he does look a little like him.

I GOT IT!! Jackie Chan as King Kai would be absolutely completely awesome!! even though Chow yun-Fat(Roshi in the movie) would be better, Chan's too thin for the part.

What about Mr. Satan (Hercule)? With some beard and big eyebrows maybe? Nah, nevermind. But with a custom and his sense of humor he would indeed cut it for Kai.
----
Christless
25.05.2008 - 10:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Darth Satanious on 25.05.2008 at 00:54

What about Mr. Satan (Hercule)? With some beard and big eyebrows maybe? Nah, nevermind. But with a custom and his sense of humor he would indeed cut it for Kai.

imo the only one fit to play Mr Satan would be the guy he was based upon(so i heard)...HULK HOGAN!

also it came to mind just now, but Jack Black would also make a great King Kai, though he isn't that good with any martial arts.
25.05.2008 - 10:41
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Valentin B on 25.05.2008 at 10:33

Written by Darth Satanious on 25.05.2008 at 00:54

imo the only one fit to play Mr Satan would be the guy he was based upon(so i heard)...HULK HOGAN!

also it came to mind just now, but Jack Black would also make a great King Kai, though he isn't that good with any martial arts.

I don't know if Hulk Hogan would be funny enough for this role. Maybe Satan was modeled after him, but as a parody.
----
Christless
29.05.2008 - 05:07
Haightredy

Dude, the movie just wouldn't be the same without Oolong....
06.11.2008 - 14:51
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Who the fuck would play Oolong?.. Danny Devito maybe.

AHHH. I loved this show and still hold a soft spot for it in my heart. FUCK GT, it isn't real
----
Coldgrits
06.11.2008 - 18:04
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by -DC-002- on 06.11.2008 at 14:51

AHHH. I loved this show and still hold a soft spot for it in my heart. FUCK GT, it isn't real

Fucking Warwick Davis was born to play Oolong. GT was awesome, I watched it all again last Christmas straight through, a great marathon.
09.11.2008 - 14:21
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Introspekrieg on 06.11.2008 at 18:04

Written by -DC-002- on 06.11.2008 at 14:51

Fucking Warwick Davis was born to play Oolong. GT was awesome, I watched it all again last Christmas straight through, a great marathon.

it may be good... but it isn't real.
----
Coldgrits
09.11.2008 - 18:09
VPeter

I fail to see what is so cool about a bunch of fighters who stand in a pooping stance with there hair in erection to grow strong.
09.11.2008 - 19:51
Hrothdane

Written by VPeter on 09.11.2008 at 18:09

I fail to see what is so cool about a bunch of fighters who stand in a pooping stance with there hair in erection to grow strong.

You had to have watched the show when you were 8. Back then it was the coolest thing ever lol.

Plus Dragonball (NOT dragonball z) wasn't anything like that at all; it was mostly a comedy with some action sequences.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
09.11.2008 - 20:07
VPeter

Written by Hrothdane on 09.11.2008 at 19:51

Written by VPeter on 09.11.2008 at 18:09

You had to have watched the show when you were 8. Back then it was the coolest thing ever lol.

Plus Dragonball (NOT dragonball z) wasn't anything like that at all; it was mostly a comedy with some action sequences.

I actualy watched Dragonball Z as a kid and enjoyed it very much, but start to hate it later after the Frieza saga. And to this day forth there are still stupid 14 year old kids who find it cool to pose as them and oppress there fanboy behaviour on others.
10.11.2008 - 09:48
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Dragon Ball Z got lame after the Cell Saga for me. Still one of my favorite things was seeing Gohan turned Super Sayian 2 and beat Cell's ass. The first Broly movie was the coolest by far though. He completely rapes everyone until the very end. Who's seen that movie anyway?
----
Coldgrits
10.11.2008 - 16:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Really funny edited scene from the frieza battle: goku kills vegeta!
10.11.2008 - 16:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by -DC-002- on 10.11.2008 at 09:48

Dragon Ball Z got lame after the Cell Saga for me. Still one of my favorite things was seeing Gohan turned Super Sayian 2 and beat Cell's ass. The first Broly movie was the coolest by far though. He completely rapes everyone until the very end. Who's seen that movie anyway?

that one when the sayian guy crashes the party where krillin was singing worse than Ville Vallo live?

man, that ending was so stupid, vegeta wouldn't give up his energy for goku to use just so there might be a little "suspense"... wtf
by far the only 2 good dbz movies out of the ones i've seen are Trunks's special and Bardock's special.. when Trunks sees Gohan's dead body in the rain, goes SS and flies after the androids... epic.

and gotta love how over the top Goku screams at the beginning of the GT movie... he sounds like a horny wrestler LMAO
11.11.2008 - 00:00
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i haven't heard about this dragon ball movie before, i was thinking about characters and stuff...im not really excited about it, i guess maybe i'll just stick to the cartoons...although maybe tony jaa would play a nice goku
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
12.02.2009 - 16:43
shinew

The dragonball movie ruins the entire series. it dont follow the original plot of the anime, an aint really worth watchin
13.02.2009 - 23:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by shinew on 12.02.2009 at 16:43

The dragonball movie ruins the entire series. it dont follow the original plot of the anime, an aint really worth watchin

it doesn't follow the plot blah blah therefore it sucks. we already had a scene-by-scene rendition of the manga, which took like 350 episodes for Dragon Ball and DBZ. i think the inevitable live action movie adaptation is a good time to change the story a bit(which essentially remains the same as the king piccolo saga: young chosen warrior fights evil old crusty monster who is after the dragon balls to grant him eternal life etc, and prevails). honestly looking back at Dragon Ball i can't believe how silly and childish that series was, what scares me is people saying it's not true to the anime... WTF??so you wanna show Bulma shooting Goku in the head in the very first scene?? and i actually took it seriously but then again i was 8 or something when i saw it

EDIT: just check out the title man.. "Dragonball EVOLUTION" i mean that does give you a hint about some story alterations? it's clear these guys didn't want to stay completely faithful to the anime.

also, here's the trailer for y'all to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64fZMN2Qu0w&feature=related

*fap fap fap fap*

14.02.2009 - 07:55
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonball_Evolution

Also.

http://www.superherohype.com/dragonball/
----
14.11.2009 - 02:49
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Have u watched dragon ball kai???
i haven't got the time but i was wondering if there's something new in it or it is just a new version from the old ones
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
14.11.2009 - 03:21
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by nana.MD on 14.11.2009 at 02:49

i haven't got the time but i was wondering if there's something new in it or it is just a new version from the old ones

Its the same story.. just better image and sound, without fillers (which is good) and full of censorship that were not there in the original series (which is VERY BAD).

Just useless spent of money, that could be better used...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
17.11.2009 - 21:01
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Uirapuru on 14.11.2009 at 03:21

Written by nana.MD on 14.11.2009 at 02:49

Its the same story.. just better image and sound, without fillers (which is good) and full of censorship that were not there in the original series (which is VERY BAD).

Just useless spent of money, that could be better used...

thanx!
well...there's always the "watch online" option hehe
----
07.10.2015 - 18:09
3rdWorld
China was a neat
As a kid, I used to be really mad about this show and never thought that I would get a chance to re-watch the show later.

But then I found the show back in the internet during my late teens. And it was just sleeping in my HDD for a very long time.

Now I am watching in a frenzy to finish the DBZ story to pick up the new sequel show Dragon Ball Super. This is going to be one of my most anticipated shows ever and it was one of the happiest news I've heard all year when I found out about this.

Seriously guys, to the Dragon Ball fans here, have you checked out the Dragon Ball Super show? I am very surprised how I let this fly over my head that a sequel for the amazing Dragon Ball Z show is going to air.

Well I couldn't wait for the English dub and have already checked out the Japanese Pilot and it was indeed satisfying. Any DBZ fans, go check it out right now!

07.10.2015 - 20:31
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Dragon Ball Super Show will broadcast on Cartoon Network. =P

Not sure about which channel they will finalize to broadcast on but I think if they do, cartoon network shouldn't be the option.
08.10.2015 - 07:56
3rdWorld
China was a neat
I barely watch TV. It is surprising if I even switch it on once in a week.

As soon as they get the english dub ready I will torrent it and watch the hell out of it. But I doubt I will have the patience to wait till that as I've never caught a release date for the english dubs yet.