Metal Storm logo
Dragon Ball Z

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2006 - 17:26
well, a thread for dragon ball/z/gt lovers.and i'll start with a question:which saga did you like the most?and which is your favorite character?
22.11.2006 - 18:53
Basso
Account deleted
@ Arian Totalis : You dont like the Boo saga? I think its great ^^. My fav must be the Namek saga though.
24.11.2006 - 17:57
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 22.11.2006 at 18:53

@ Arian Totalis : You dont like the Boo saga? I think its great ^^. My fav must be the Namek saga though.

Namek is really good, that was back before Piccelo was weak, so it's still enjoyable I guess.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
12.02.2007 - 23:59
Mega-Slayer

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000KWZ1TI/ref=s9_asin_image_1/104-9660434-3854353
Here is a link guys,its finally out,the original japanese saiyan/vegeta saga is available on dvd.I am going to buy it as soon as I get my next paycheck.You see there is a total of 39 episodes worth of footage originally,but in america they cut it down to about 25 only,so I am really eager to get this,being I have waited forever.I hope they release the namek and frieza saga as well,those are my favs.,so it would be a dream come true.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
22.02.2007 - 21:48
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
I used to be addicted in DBZ when I was a kid.. My favorite saga was the Freeza Saga and my favorite character was Piccolo..
22.02.2007 - 23:53
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 22.02.2007 at 21:48

I used to be addicted in DBZ when I was a kid.. My favorite saga was the Freeza Saga and my favorite character was Piccolo..

Damn! I couldnt agree more. Piccolo was so damn cool XD and Freeza is just the ultimate badass, especially in his last form ^^.
23.02.2007 - 18:14
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 22.02.2007 at 23:53

Written by Guest on 22.02.2007 at 21:48

Damn! I couldnt agree more. Piccolo was so damn cool XD and Freeza is just the ultimate badass, especially in his last form ^^.

It was really sad when started that super-sayajin thing and Piccolo became useless... He was great! Yes, Freeza was REALLY badass! hehehe! It was the most difficult enemie to beat!
23.02.2007 - 18:50
FOOCK Nam

Dragonball Z was my best favorite manga when I was a boy, never viewed its as movie/cartoon/anime. I read it in vietnamese so I dont know its terms in english. My favorite character is Songoku (dont know its name in english version), thats who was a boy with monkey tail and become super xayda and then the one who saved earth.
27.02.2007 - 18:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 23.02.2007 at 18:14

It was really sad when started that super-sayajin thing and Piccolo became useless... He was great! Yes, Freeza was REALLY badass! hehehe! It was the most difficult enemie to beat!

dude, cell as far as i know, had to be killed about 3-4 times before finally leaving the scene(self-destruct, killed by gohan, by trunks in the future and finally by goku in gt)
and he totally pwns frieza!
27.02.2007 - 23:40
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
@cursed: but Freeza Saga had much more emotion and he kicked everybody's ass!
01.03.2007 - 09:05
Asat0r

Wow, I'm just surprised somebody used the term "pwns" on a Metal Storm forum.

I don't really have a favorite sage, Frieza was amazing, but the Cell Saga was great too. Such good plot, and so many good fights. The Ginyu Squad was the best thing ever, but Trunks was a fucking bad ass.
04.03.2007 - 21:50
Stigmatized
Written by Asat0r on 01.03.2007 at 09:05

Trunks was a fucking bad ass.

What? Trunks was a girl.
05.03.2007 - 06:47
Asat0r

Written by Stigmatized on 04.03.2007 at 21:50

What? Trunks was a girl.

Come on, the future Trunks was cool. The Trunks from the Buu saga was a little bitch.
05.03.2007 - 13:58
Stigmatized
Written by Asat0r on 05.03.2007 at 06:47

Written by Stigmatized on 04.03.2007 at 21:50

What? Trunks was a girl.

Come on, the future Trunks was cool. The Trunks from the Buu saga was a little bitch.

Ok, true. But yes, the Buu Trunks was horrible.
15.03.2007 - 06:48
Bitch Boy

I agree with you. Future Trunks was cool, kid Trunks was very stupid and GT Trunks was girlier than Pan.
18.03.2007 - 12:47
iaberis
Advice Troll
I never liked this anime, from the very first episodes I've watched. I think the first episode I've watched was the first! It didn't gain my attention, so I lost interest in the follow up... Many of my friends though like it, but I'm not into that... I prefer other anime of that time...
----
Bitch! Please
18.03.2007 - 21:55
Carrion
Account deleted
Right now I'm totally hooked to the Cell Saga. Cell is such a disgusting killer
21.03.2007 - 01:39
legend-destroyer
Account deleted
The cell saga is easily my favorite sags out of all the series. But then again I am biased towards it a little, because Gohan is my favorite character, and that was gohan's most badass fight to date. My least favorite was the Buu saga, all of the characters were stupid in that saga, Gohan could have killed buu easily if he just went super sayain, or hell even vegeto could have beaten Buu, I think Akira Toriyama just wanted to drag out the series longer.
08.06.2007 - 21:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast

Wow, I'm just surprised somebody used the term "pwns" on a Metal Storm forum.

What, is it wrong to use this term? of course not! HAHAHA PWNED OMFGLOL N33B

Currently i'm watching the cell saga since they didn't air it here, they somehow stopped at the androids 19&20 part. fantastic plot, lots and lots of twists, though i think i'll go see the namek and sayian sagas after this, as that was the time when tien, yamcha, krillin and chiaotzu(yeah, that's right, the little puppet-guy) weren't totally useless, and had the really awesome enraged gohan scenes. also the buu saga looks like it could go on forever with so many episodes, so i don't think i'll watch it. the android saga was great, 16 is one of the coolest, most inovative characters in the story, and 18...well...she's quite hot

Everytime i see flashbacks from the dragon ball series though, it floods my mind with nice memories, like the martial arts tournaments, the goku vs picolo battles, really cool.
14.06.2007 - 05:09
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Valentin B on 08.06.2007 at 21:59

Currently i'm watching the cell saga since they didn't air it here, they somehow stopped at the androids 19&20 part. fantastic plot, lots and lots of twists, though i think i'll go see the namek and sayian sagas after this, as that was the time when tien, yamcha, krillin and chiaotzu(yeah, that's right, the little puppet-guy) weren't totally useless, and had the really awesome enraged gohan scenes. also the buu saga looks like it could go on forever with so many episodes, so i don't think i'll watch it. the android saga was great, 16 is one of the coolest, most inovative characters in the story, and 18...well...she's quite hot

Everytime i see flashbacks from the dragon ball series though, it floods my mind with nice memories, like the martial arts tournaments, the goku vs picolo battles, really cool.

Yeah I loved the cell saga, it's fucking awsome. UNfortunatly it's been a few years since I've seen it. I do like the years when Chaotsu, Tien, Yamcha, Krillen, and Piccalo wern't useless, that kinda pisses me off, because one second they were these awsome characters, the next they were so bland and 2nd rate. Damn you Toriama!
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
15.06.2007 - 18:34
Lily_Lazer
Outdated
Ah, the good old anime ^^
Just imagine a 11-13 year old girl watching with a jawsdrop how the cartoonish meh with muscles fight till the dawn...
lol, well yeah.I still would love to watch. I am happy though, that I first watched DBZ in german, since japanese dub is extremely funny and i'd die laughing XD. Dragonball was fun too ^^
One of the most hilarious (imo) things about DBZ are the name origins. I mean... who the fuck would name a charachter BRA? XD *Vegeta runs around, asks Goku:* "Goku, have you seen my Bra?" ... Oije.. and Trunks ... gaaaah, my favourite charachter's name is MENS BOXERS o____o ... La la la, but that's DBZ an Toriyama's geniusy
... *read this: http://www.dbzgtlegacy.com/namepuns.shtml *

I never watched GT, but i heard that one was made without Toriyama... Maybe that's why it was rather uninteresting? I'd have to have a look at it myself, tho.
----
-Lily
20.06.2007 - 23:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Wooh! I'm watching most of the episodes again. I'm simply addicted. Here are some cool screenshots from the Buu saga.

Goku turning into Super Sayan Three. God, the hair is awesome.

SS3 Goku blasting Kid Buu through the planet of the Kai's.

The evil fusion of Goten and Trunks, Gotenks, absorbed by Buu.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.06.2007 - 10:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@nervel: why was gotenks evil?

oh and btw the re-enactment of the cell battle that's played during the martial arts tournament after the afterlife games was hilarious as fuck! "oh no, i am beaten. argh.(cell explodes)"
03.09.2007 - 04:11
Bitch Boy

Written by Valentin B on 24.06.2007 at 10:05

@nervel: why was gotenks evil?

Gotenks was not actually evil. But when he is absorbed by Majin Boo, Boo uses him, Piccolo and Gohan to attack Gokuh and Vegeta when he absorbed Vegetto too.
18.09.2007 - 07:15
?Master?
Account deleted
DragonballZ is the shit!
hmm i dont know what my fav saga is hmmm i dont know i like em all
i love playing the videogame tho
i kikass with android 18/cell im unbeatable hahah at least against my roommates
05.10.2007 - 04:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Deffinitely Freeza sdaga is the best. I love 'cause it's where Goku becomes Super sayan for teh first time. an dthat scene, with the scream and teh hair color change, is fuckin' epic.

My fav character... Hmm this is hard. I like.... Goku, 'cause despite his enormous power, he's still kinda dumb.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
05.10.2007 - 13:57
Woutjinho
Account deleted
I used to watch it. it was my guilty pleasure
12.10.2007 - 21:18
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I only recently got into DBZ when I was shown by a friend. I like Cell the best out of everyone I've seen, and I think Dragon Ball Z is better than GT, just because of the general atmosphere, but GT has some cool shit in it. Cell's transformation from second form to perfect is awesomeee, especially with Faulconer's music.
12.10.2007 - 21:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 12.10.2007 at 21:18

Cell's transformation from second form to perfect is awesomeee, especially with Faulconer's music.

what do you mean? is the guy who made the music called bruce falconer?(or faulconer, whatever)

since that came to mind, i just love the 2 "vegeta themes": "vegeta kick ass"(most memorably played when he beats the crap out of android 19 and second form cell) and "vegeta face off"(during the part when he taunts kid buu, saying he's no weakling while goku charges the spirit bomb)
12.10.2007 - 22:29
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 12.10.2007 at 21:57

Written by Guest on 12.10.2007 at 21:18

Cell's transformation from second form to perfect is awesomeee, especially with Faulconer's music.

what do you mean? is the guy who made the music called bruce falconer?(or faulconer, whatever)

since that came to mind, i just love the 2 "vegeta themes": "vegeta kick ass"(most memorably played when he beats the crap out of android 19 and second form cell) and "vegeta face off"(during the part when he taunts kid buu, saying he's no weakling while goku charges the spirit bomb)

Bruce Faulconer makes the music for the American series, some of it is really good
20.04.2008 - 20:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
what do you guys think about the making of a live action dragonball movie? i hate it that EVERYONE whines about Goku not being asian. well he wasn't asian in the cartoons so why bother?

also imo an excellent vegeta would be jonathan rhys meyers(see the vid below to see what i mean)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZh-KafP4ww