Metal Storm logo
Silenced YouTube Music Videos

15.01.2009 - 13:56
Njord
njord
If you passed by YouTube recently, maybe you've seen that videos with unauthorized copyrighted music were deleted or, in most cases, sound disabled. Some sources said it's the first measure against copyright infringment as result of the conflict between YouTube and Warner Music. This is the reason but how is the form to do it?

When any user tries to upload a new video, YouTube has an option to choose music for songs that have been pre-cleared (usually songs out of Warner copyright). If the user don't like that option then YouTube gives a second choice between having the video removed or turning off the sound.

Making it simple, anytime you upload a video like a live concert or just a sample for your short production, the video will be deleted or will lose the sound. For me this is the first step to a major breakdown in Youtube and the similarity with the conflict between some bands and Napster is high. What's your opinion about this?

Sources:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10127666-93.html
http://mashable.com/2009/01/14/youtube-mutes-videos/
15.01.2009 - 14:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmmm I have problem whit some videos like I cant remeber but fiew Cinderella vidoes ,when i try se eit ''sorry video is not avalible in your state'' or ''sorry video is no avalible outside USA'' sometimes it makes me mad, why bands made vids if we can see those? its prom vid, Ican see it in TV , why not in youtube?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.01.2009 - 16:54
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I haven't seen such videos.. of course, i think it's bullshit..
15.01.2009 - 23:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Dammit! I used to just go on to youtube and look for songs when I didn't have my external...fuckin Warner...
17.01.2009 - 01:30
Damnated
Churchburner
Yes, this is the new thing. saw a couple of these muted videos recently. i just can't understand why don't they just delete the videos altogether. the video part is just as copyrighted..
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.01.2009 - 01:51
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 17.01.2009 at 01:30

i just can't understand why don't they just delete the videos altogether. the video part is just as copyrighted..

The Youtube staff is a bunch of sadistic assholes and watching their userbase suffer gives them a colossal chubby.
17.01.2009 - 02:16
Eternal Flames

While I haven't come across any of these silence music videos, this doesn't surprise me the sightest bit, especially since Warner is involved. First they came to an agreement with last.fm to remove their music streams and now silencing youtube videos?

It's pretty pathetic. They should have indeed just removed the whole video altogether.