Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy - To Enter Studio In February

Finland's HardcoreSounds.net recently conducted an interview with Arch Enemy drummer Daniel Erlandsson. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

HardcoreSounds.net: You have had the chance to tour almost everywhere. Which show has been the most memorable to you so far?

Daniel: "We have done so many shows so it's quite hard but quite recently we visited Mexico and we did two shows for the first time there. Mexico City was the second show and that was one of the best shows I have ever done."

HS: Why was it so special? Where there a lot of audience?

Daniel: "We played to a full house. We played for like something in between 2,500-3,000 people and we had an amazing crowd response. The whole place was jumping all the time. I was blown away."

HS: And maybe next year we will hear new material from you guys?

Daniel: "Definitely. That's the plan too. We will start recording the new album in February and hopefully we will get it released sometime in the summer or fall of next year. We have already started writing music and we have tons of ideas."

HS: Do you have any finished songs yet?

Daniel: "We have a lot of ideas which loosely fit together so we are gonna start making songs really soon instead of just jamming with riffs. Making an album is like a big puzzle where you try to add all the pieces into the puzzle while [rehearsing] songs."

HS: Where do you see the band in five years?

Daniel: "That's really a difficult question. If you judge Arch Enemy from the last five years from 2001 to this day the band has progressed with every album they have made, became bigger and bigger. If that continues we are going to be pretty big in 2011 and that's what I really wish."

Read the entire interview at HardcoreSounds.net.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 06.07.2006 by SunCross

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 1 user
06.07.2006 - 23:08
Stigmatized
Cool, looking forward to the album.
08.07.2006 - 13:43
lordz
IzZo
ARCH ENEMY RULES
08.07.2006 - 17:43
Mariela.
Account deleted
Looking forward to se how this turns out! I hope it is as good as the last album!

Hits total: 2599 | This month: 21