Metal Storm logo
In Mourning

17.01.2009 - 10:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
It seems like there is not a topic about In Mourning (correct me if I am wrong). And I think they deserve to have one, after the great album they put out.

I'm sure other people listened to that album and enjoyed it. A lot of people don't know this band, others may not like it. Personally, they blew me away and I can't wait to hear more.

Whatever your opinion is about the band I would like to hear it Some think they sound like Opeth, some say their originality is what makes them special. What are your thoughts on that?

Here's the In Mourning topic to talk about all things In Mourning.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.01.2009 - 15:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its awesome band, I realy like it good music, feelings, lyrics, good combination of music style and vocals, I like this band, IMO aftermath music records dont produse sucky and bad bands, I realy like this band even I dont listen it so offen anyway, but I like it one of ebst new swedish bands(even if we can say new)
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.02.2009 - 03:26
MeloDeathViking

I fuckin love Shrouded Divine. I don't think they could have done a better job, it was just awesome. If I had heard these guys without being told anything, I wouldn't have thought that this was their debut album. These guys sound like veterans! I'm totally psyched for the next album, hope they can get it out by the end of the year, but on the other hand, I don't want them to rush it. I should be able to hold over with all the other new albums I'm looking forward to this year. My favorite song is Grind Denial, but the whole album is just incredible!
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
19.02.2009 - 11:02
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I also hope they are not rushing it. Hopefully they are just filled with new ideas and good songs to put out.

It'll take a lot of work to surpass Shrouded Divine's magnificence.
----

My Instagram
19.02.2009 - 21:59
MeloDeathViking

Written by BloodTears on 19.02.2009 at 11:02

I also hope they are not rushing it. Hopefully they are just filled with new ideas and good songs to put out.

It'll take a lot of work to surpass Shrouded Divine's magnificence.

From what I can tell it seems like they spend more time on writing than on touring, so there is a very good possbility that these are just songs that didn't get onto Shrouded Divine, and were able to write new material to go with them.Or just material they've written since then, like you said. Either way I don't think they're lacking int he creativity department, so we shouldn't have to worry about an inferior album.
----
22.02.2009 - 19:22
Galar
Wicked Mung
AMAZING band. Although it reminds me of Opeth in a number of aspects, I think that these guys have a lot of potential and their music is fairly unique. I can not wait for future albums.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
30.07.2009 - 20:16
MeloDeathViking

I've been listening to this album a lot lately, and the more I listen to it the more I get pumped up for their next album, it's killing me that they don't start recording till next month. If any album is worth the wait tho, I have a feeling it's gonna be that one. These guys are just really talented.
----
30.07.2009 - 20:48
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Mm... been on my sort of "to-check-out-list" for a while now... better move it up the (huge) queue XP
----
loves 小巫
30.07.2009 - 21:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
It's not like I'm trying to sell the album or something, they didn't pay me! but it's definitely an album you should check. If you don't like it, well at least you heard something quite unique.
----

My Instagram
31.07.2009 - 17:28
MeloDeathViking

Written by Ag Fox on 30.07.2009 at 20:48

Mm... been on my sort of "to-check-out-list" for a while now... better move it up the (huge) queue XP

Yeah, I definitly think it's worth the time to check out, even if you end up not liking it. I would put it in my top 10 albums from 2008.
----
10.08.2009 - 17:44
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by MeloDeathViking on 31.07.2009 at 17:28

Yeah, I definitly think it's worth the time to check out, even if you end up not liking it. I would put it in my top 10 albums from 2008.
Finally tried it last night. Good album and I know that it's the type that would grow on me. I'll probs listen again it tonight. Won't know whether it will break through my 2008 top 10 though XD
Thanks for those who urged me
----
loves 小巫
10.08.2009 - 19:40
MeloDeathViking

Written by Ag Fox on 10.08.2009 at 17:44

Finally tried it last night. Good album and I know that it's the type that would grow on me. I'll probs listen again it tonight. Won't know whether it will break through my 2008 top 10 though XD

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Hopefully you can now eagerly wait with the rest of us for the new album to come out
----
11.08.2009 - 17:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Ag Fox on 10.08.2009 at 17:44

I told you you had good taste.
----

My Instagram
12.08.2009 - 10:24
RockeRoy

I absolutley love The shrouded divine, it's melodic, groovy, catchy and fairly brutal, and the production is great, i can understand the Opeth comparison but they definitely got their own thing going. Looking forward to new albums from them... by the way anyone heard their early demoes?
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
12.08.2009 - 21:03
Ag Fox
Angel No More
@BloodTears
Thanks

@RockeRoy
No, I totally don't get the Opeth comparison. In Mourning sounds a lot more interesting imo

really like the 2nd track's middle eastern sound btw
----
loves 小巫
25.08.2009 - 07:42
Fhuesc

Yay! new album on the way, sadly it will take some time.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
25.08.2009 - 16:39
MeloDeathViking

Written by Fhuesc on 25.08.2009 at 07:42

Yay! new album on the way, sadly it will take some time.

Think of it this way, it gives them more time to make sure its as good as it can be. March isn't so far off.
----
26.08.2009 - 01:30
Fhuesc

Written by MeloDeathViking on 25.08.2009 at 16:39

Think of it this way, it gives them more time to make sure its as good as it can be. March isn't so far off.

Yeah, march isn't that far, and with the release of Time in December i'll have something to listen while i wait.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
28.08.2009 - 04:49
MeloDeathViking

Theres a video on their site of them rehersing a new song. Sounds really good.
----
30.08.2009 - 15:56
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I wana see that video.
----

My Instagram
31.08.2009 - 00:15
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Mm... i find the last two tracks in "shrouded divine" are relatively stronger than the earlier tracks
----
loves 小巫
31.08.2009 - 06:40
MeloDeathViking

Written by BloodTears on 30.08.2009 at 15:56

I wana see that video.

Once you get to see the video, I'd love to hear what you think about it. I think it sounds like it has real potential.
----
31.08.2009 - 09:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by MeloDeathViking on 31.08.2009 at 06:40

Written by BloodTears on 30.08.2009 at 15:56

I wana see that video.

Once you get to see the video, I'd love to hear what you think about it. I think it sounds like it has real potential.

It does have real potential, espcially towards the end of the video. But I'm always cautious when it comes to teasers and things. But I'm glad to hear from them again.
----

My Instagram
25.11.2009 - 23:42
thecurse

Written by RockeRoy on 12.08.2009 at 10:24

I absolutley love The shrouded divine, it's melodic, groovy, catchy and fairly brutal, and the production is great, i can understand the Opeth comparison but they definitely got their own thing going. Looking forward to new albums from them... by the way anyone heard their early demoes?

I love this band! Saw them live twice one summer when they were still unsigned.
@the quote above, I used to have all their old demo songs but I lost alot of files on my old computer, however I just found a torrent with those songs
(if there's any songs you want when the download is done, just let me know in a PM)
----
I am the bullet on the run... I force my way into your brain
21.10.2010 - 20:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I wish they would do shows in Portugal. As far as I know, they haven't toured that much.
----

My Instagram
21.10.2010 - 21:25
Retter

My favorite is Monolith. Of course this album takes some time, but who wants easy listening albums? About originality on this days it is quite hard to find it. Maybe we must be focused on the great songs a band could create, instead if they are or not original.
16.05.2012 - 07:59
ice

I really love the black lodge song ........ I haven't listen to the last album yet ! do I have to ??
----
I can make my heart stop beating
I can stop breathing
but I can't stop thinking
OF YOU!!!!
17.05.2012 - 20:04
Truant

Yes.
17.05.2012 - 21:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by ice on 16.05.2012 at 07:59

I really love the black lodge song ........ I haven't listen to the last album yet ! do I have to ??

That question... Listen to the album of course!
----

My Instagram
19.11.2012 - 22:30
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Hey sorry to revive this ancient thread, but has anyone found any similar bands of late? In Mourning are one of my favourite bands