‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Users visited: 71  
Search this topic:  

Susan
Smeghead

07.07.2006 at 23:33
No topic about Evenking?!?!!! Well, that's about to change!

I came to this forum to look for the Elvenking topic and post about the new album but there wasn't a topic! Like magic, now there is

I love the Heathenreel and Wyrd albums and just heard the Winter Wake for the first time today. I haven't finished listening but it seems to be a lot less folk than before Whatever Elvenking touches turns to gold so I'm sure it will be great anyway but I was a little disappointed initially. I'll listen to the whole thing and let it grown on me, then post back.

What do you guys think of the new album or any of the other albums? I heart Elvenking hehehe
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
Bad English
nobody

08.07.2006 at 00:12
Well this is great Italian band, I dunno witch is my fav Italioan band, because to many and I had seen them in studio, talking about new albuym, but my Italian knolage weel lets say I kow what is ''Falli Subitti'' ehh my italian are poor and I hawnt hear it, but only samples, some months ago I reed all band lyrics and well quit amazing, new album song ''march of fools'' was great specely title, but I woundering about wict part of italian history it is(lyrics) Etruski days or what?

Seems Italian metal are low rated again, thank's for opening this tread, here are only some metal bands from Italy, hope in future be more, like from France and Germany
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Daru Jericho

08.07.2006 at 05:02
Ack! Only two posts in this forum?! Oh, I see, it's a new thread.

I got Winter Wake a while ago and have only listened to it once because I downloaded it along with several other albums. From what I remember, yes there were less folky bits but for me that's a plus. I'm not really into the whole folk metal genre and Elvenking's power sounds balance it out nicely. However, I have to admit, the folk bits in Elvenkings other two albums were pulled off nicely. Otherwise I can't say much more on the new album. I must must must remember to give it a few more blasts so I can form a proper opinon on it and compare it to the other albums.

Wyrd and Heathenreel are both awesome albums but I can't decide which one is better! I mean, my favourite tracks are spread out amongst the two, 'White Willow' and 'The Perpetual Knot' being two prominant ones.

To conclude, this band is one of Italy's finest. They're my favourite folk metal band and they should have had their own thread opened ages ago.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

Bad English
nobody

08.07.2006 at 12:56
Written by Daru Jericho on 08.07.2006 at 05:02

I got Winter Wake a while ago and have only listened to it once because I downloaded it along with several other albums. From what I remember, yes there were less folky bits but for me that's a plus. I'm not really into the whole folk metal genre and Elvenking's power sounds balance it out nicely. However, I have to admit, the folk bits in Elvenkings other two albums were pulled off nicely. Otherwise I can't say much more on the new album. I must must must remember to give it a few more blasts so I can form a proper opinon on it and compare it to the other albums.

Wyrd and Heathenreel are both awesome albums but I can't decide which one is better! I mean, my favourite tracks are spread out amongst the two, 'White Willow' and 'The Perpetual Knot' being two prominant ones.

To conclude, this band is one of Italy's finest. They're my favourite folk metal band and they should have had their own thread opened ages ago.

Yeah I agree iots power metal elements there, power folk, but Italian finest, it was joke

Where are Pino Sccoto, Vanadium and his ne wband, he is just liek Ozzy in Italy, but not so drunked, there are many bands who shood be best, dunno but why nobody dont know Sadist DM band from Genoa?
----

Alkhemyst

08.07.2006 at 17:30
Elvenking became one of my favourite bands when I heard Heathenreel. That album was just awesome and something I hadn´t heard ever before. I like folk and power metal so this not so common combination was just like made for me. I bought Wyrd few days after it´s release. Even though they had changed vocalist that album still kicked ass, though not as good as their debut. Most of Elvenking fans don´t like Kleid that much, but I think his voice fit perfectly for that album.

Then finally they released their third album, with Damnagoras back to vocals...but without Jarpen whose growls added much to Elvenking´s music. Winter Wake was THE album whom I had the highest hopes for this year. Elvenking didn´t fail me. I think that the Winter Wake is their best album. Now they have developed their unique sound to even higher quality. There isn´t a single bad song in Winter Wake, even those acoustic ballads are good. Swallowtail, The Wanderer and Rouse Your Dream stand out as my favourite tracks. Damnagoras is even more versatile vocalist than before. His voice might not be technically that great but very pleasant to hear and really original.

Sadly Elvenking is not really doing any gigs here in Finland. This kind of music would reach it´s true potential when played live. Just like every other folk-influenced band.
----
Those words we have got
From the North´s furthest fields
From the heaths of Kalevala
Daru Jericho

09.07.2006 at 02:16
Written by Bad English on 08.07.2006 at 12:56

Yeah I agree iots power metal elements there, power folk, but Italian finest, it was joke

Where are Pino Sccoto, Vanadium and his ne wband, he is just liek Ozzy in Italy, but not so drunked, there are many bands who shood be best, dunno but why nobody dont know Sadist DM band from Genoa?

Pft, well they're Italy's finest to me. I mean, I don't know too many Italian bands: Rhapsody, Stormlord, Lacuna Coil, Secret Sphere and a few others but not many. It generally isn't worldly renouned for it's vast amount of metal bands.
----

Bad English
nobody

09.07.2006 at 02:35
Written by Daru Jericho on 09.07.2006 at 02:16

Pft, well they're Italy's finest to me. I mean, I don't know too many Italian bands: Rhapsody, Stormlord, Lacuna Coil, Secret Sphere and a few others but not many. It generally isn't worldly renouned for it's vast amount of metal bands.

I know this be out of topic but what is PFT try also Sadist, Death SS, Luca Trulli, Opera IX, Novembre also lock in my prifile I open pool about Italian Doom metal, and belive in me there are many many more bands, who are great, I cant say names now, I must lock in some papers, but etliest 20 bands shood be know
BTW in midle of 90ties there was soem kind of power metal activity

But also try those bands Fear of Eternity, Graveworm(I dont like tyhem, just lice Lacuna Soil), Tronus Abyss, Black Sunsine, ok PM me I tell you more what I know about Italian metal, not so much, but something and about this band I dunno but its how to say, its more power folk metal, it can be lil bit heavier, harder,, and vocals can be lil harsher then its be better,

BTWwhere can I het Elveking videos, I know there shood be some but no in home page
----

Daru Jericho

09.07.2006 at 02:44
Written by Bad English on 09.07.2006 at 02:35

Written by Daru Jericho on 09.07.2006 at 02:16

I know this be out of topic but what is PFT try also Sadist, Death SS, Luca Trulli, Opera IX, Novembre also lock in my prifile I open pool about Italian Doom metal, and belive in me there are many many more bands, who are great, I cant say names now, I must lock in some papers, but etliest 20 bands shood be know
BTW in midle of 90ties there was soem kind of power metal activity

But also try those bands Fear of Eternity, Graveworm(I dont like tyhem, just lice Lacuna Soil), Tronus Abyss, Black Sunsine, ok PM me I tell you more what I know about Italian metal, not so much, but something and about this band I dunno but its how to say, its more power folk metal, it can be lil bit heavier, harder,, and vocals can be lil harsher then its be better,

BTWwhere can I het Elveking videos, I know there shood be some but no in home page

Pft is just...a noise. It's hard to describe haha. It holds no real meaning, anyhow. Just me acting like a snob

I had no idea Novembre and Opera IX were Italian though. I guess there are probably a lot of bands I listen to that are Italian but I just don't know it. My catalogue of doom metal is pretty weak compared to the other genres I 'live' in but I have noticed you're the doom expert so when I get some cash and some more space on my computer I shall be crawling back to you for recomendations! Watch out!
----

Susan
Smeghead

15.07.2006 at 02:58
Well, The Winter Wake has had a chance to grow on me and I can say that I officially like it. It's certainly nothing in comparison to the other 2 though I'm enjoying it a lot and I'm giving it my

I've been thinking more about Damnagoras vs. Kleid (we were discussing this in the old topic, though I never posted). Wyrd is probably my favourite Elvenking album so obviously I'm a Kleid fan but Damnagoras puts in a stellar performance on Heathenreel. Then it comes down to the the Winter Wake. This is my major problem with the album: vocals. Damnagoras sounds great on certain songs (especially the opener) and downright WHINEY on other songs. Sometimes I feel like I'm listening to one of those whiney indie-alternative bands instead of my favourite folk metal band. So, my vote goes to Kleid
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
ThunderAxe1989
Irreligious

15.07.2006 at 04:45
Wow........Elvenking, what a truly unique sounding bunch ov guys!

Folkish Power Metal....who would have dreamed that type ov music was possible to be produced!?

I must say, some ov the melodies they come up with are quite catchy.

Sekhmet
Electric Witch

16.07.2006 at 21:11
I really like Elvenking, they're quite catchy, with good melodies IMO, and I dunno why but their music makes me feel cheerful I haven't listened to Winter Wake yet, though...
And I prefer Kleid, but Damnagoras wasn't so terrible... Not as good as Kleid but it probably comes from the fact I prefer "Wyrd" to "Heathenreal" too
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
UnholyMenace
Psycho

17.07.2006 at 23:22
Elvenking is really great band. I have been listening it almost 2 or 3 years now. The best album is probably Wyrd because in that album there are the most songs I think are Elvenkings best - A Poem For The Firmament, The Losers' Ball and Another Haven to name some. So I also prefer Wyrd to Heathenreal - Im not saying that Heathenreal is bad, but id prefer Kleids voice to Damnagoras. Never know how the Winter Wake album would have ended up when Kleid would have had the vocal part in Elvenking.

When I heard Winter Wake for the first time I didnt like it - it was a bit different from Elvenkings last two albums. But I listened it many times again and again and I kinda started to like it a lot. Its nice how the band suprises with every new release, you just have to give it some time and space and make yourself love the album - I have heard that their next album will suprise us again?
†Bodomchild†

08.09.2006 at 09:46
Oh nice ! well i like ELvenking a lot...speceally Heathenreel and To Oak Woods Bestowed.....ist a great band with Fol and Power metal elements nice lyrics and the atmosphere of the music are great...i will heard the new album to compare but its a great band i like a lot band like this and yea they surprise us with every new released
----
asd
GT
Coffee!!

08.09.2006 at 15:50
Can't believe I never posted here. Elvenking is a great band. Their mix of folk and power always cheers me up. Don't know enough about them to say which album or vocalist I like best, but I haven't heard anything sounding bad from them
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!

08.09.2006 at 18:09
Im in the prefer Kleid i really enjoy Wyrd i dunno is more to my liking of style and his voice is amazing and i really enjoy songs as Another Haven probably my favorite (thanks to MS radio for showing Elvenking to me) this band kicks ass and the new album is pretty great too
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
Judas
Resident Quack

08.09.2006 at 18:15
I like the punkish elements that they've chucked in 'The Winter Wake'. It's not as solid an album as 'Heathenreel', but it is certainly as good as 'Wyrd'. So glad they've got Damna back...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
ThunderAxe1989
Irreligious

09.09.2006 at 21:41
It'd be interesting to hear who their musical influences are.
Remus

10.09.2006 at 14:35
Yea, i also noticed the punkish riffs in the winter wake but i still like it a lot. Gr8 band!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
Freezer

11.09.2006 at 10:57
hello, there's a voice from Italy :p I have only Heathenreel and i really like it. Like someone said before, metal in Italy is not much important, shame on my nation :p but elvenking surely is among the best italian power bands.

i'd like to suggest another Italian band: Canaan, it's a good doom metal with some songs in italian
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
Bad English
nobody

12.10.2006 at 16:23
Written by Freezer on 11.09.2006 at 10:57

hello, there's a voice from Italy :p I have only Heathenreel and i really like it. Like someone said before, metal in Italy is not much important, shame on my nation :p but elvenking surely is among the best italian power bands.

i'd like to suggest another Italian band: Canaan, it's a good doom metal with some songs in italian

what man ok of course Italian ultras are more popular and famouse how metal, but Pino Scoto in Vanadium and Fire Trails also italian DOOM scene well lock to my profile I opne tread about Italian doom bands
Bands like Sadist and thos ethrash bands like Bulldozer haha Ilona are elected and Ilona the werry best are great sonsg also black metal gothic metal I coud post 50 bands from italy what i want get, but not here
----

Vidrageon
Account deleted
  13.10.2006 at 00:31
They got me into metal, I really loved them when I first got in...now when I've experienced a lot more metal, I can still go back to Elvenking and appreciate them a lot, but I'm not sure if they're so strongly in my top 10 any more....Skyclad is just such a fantastic band. And the newer Elvenking album is not as polished or well-made as Heathenreel.
Freezer

17.10.2006 at 17:12
Written by Bad English on 12.10.2006 at 16:23

what man ok of course Italian ultras are more popular and famouse how metal, but Pino Scoto in Vanadium and Fire Trails also italian DOOM scene well lock to my profile I opne tread about Italian doom bands
Bands like Sadist and thos ethrash bands like Bulldozer haha Ilona are elected and Ilona the werry best are great sonsg also black metal gothic metal I coud post 50 bands from italy what i want get, but not here

Yes it's true, there are a lot of great bands in Italy, fact is: metal in Italy is only a "minor genre", the only band which is famous even out of metal "borders" is Lacuna Coil and you can notice they don't play metal anymore.
That's really a shame, because we have really great material!!
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
Unholy_Emperor

17.10.2006 at 21:37
Great band, I haven't listened to their last album yet though.

And I agree, there are many great metal bands from Italy and a lot of metallers at least in Torino (where I lived for one year).

I found in that city an incredible music shop, full of interesting things.
Eight
Shapeshifter

19.10.2006 at 09:34
Absolutely awsome band, tho i have not listened to all of theirstuff, but it's reperable *went downloading *
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
FrOsTmOuRnE 0_o
Account deleted
  24.03.2007 at 02:41
there stuff is awsome from their album Heathenreel to Wyrd just so good to listen to

Disappearing Sands (my fav song atm)
iaberis
Advice Troll

24.03.2007 at 11:15
I liked Elvenking so much that I got a T-Shirt of them with the cover of the last album! It may not be so folk, but the cover is amazing! I had it for a while as a background on my pc... I really love their music, since it's something very original! Folk Power Metal! I liked all their albums, even the one where Damnagoras was absent, Wyrd. I'm looking forward for their next one! I heard it's almost finished!
----
Bitch! Please
APOHAKC
The Bard

20.04.2007 at 16:50
I heard few songs from this band and they are quite good, so I desided to find some more, any recommendation which albums are good for starting listening to them?
(Good, what a post, even I can't understand everything I wrote)
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
Ernis
狼獾

20.04.2007 at 17:20
Written by APOHAKC on 20.04.2007 at 16:50

I heard few songs from this band and they are quite good, so I desided to find some more, any recommendation which albums are good for starting listening to them?
(Good, what a post, even I can't understand everything I wrote)

Wyrd was the first for me and I liked it a lot...you could also start with Heathenreel.....but I consider Wyrd slightly better.....
----
Go ahead, make my day...
APOHAKC
The Bard

20.04.2007 at 18:19
Lol I read hilarious review for Wyrd, my stomach was hurting me because of the laughter, anyway I heard that it is good album, I will check it in the stores, I just hope it is not too expensive..
Thanx
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
Milutin
Account deleted
  20.04.2007 at 19:04
I still haven't heard Wyrd and Heathenreel, but I can say about the Winter Wake. Damn this is definetly one of my favorite all time albums. Every song on it is a kickass. They are pretty good and unique band. I am expecting the same as on The Winter Wake from Wyrd and Heathenreel.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Login or register to post here.