‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Users visited: 71  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Susan on 07.07.2006 at 23:33
No topic about Evenking?!?!!! Well, that's about to change!

I came to this forum to look for the Elvenking topic and post about the new album but there wasn't a topic! Like magic, now there is

I love the Heathenreel and Wyrd albums and just heard the Winter Wake for the first time today. I haven't finished listening but it seems to be a lot less folk than before Whatever Elvenking touches turns to gold so I'm sure it will be great anyway but I was a little disappointed initially. I'll listen to the whole thing and let it grown on me, then post back.

What do you guys think of the new album or any of the other albums? I heart Elvenking hehehe

Page 2 of 4

Ernis
狼獾

22.04.2007 at 19:52
Written by APOHAKC on 20.04.2007 at 18:19

Lol I read hilarious review for Wyrd, my stomach was hurting me because of the laughter, anyway I heard that it is good album, I will check it in the stores, I just hope it is not too expensive..
Thanx

And what made it so funny?
----
Go ahead, make my day...
APOHAKC
The Bard

22.04.2007 at 23:21
Reviewer wrote very funny descripton of that album, the way he saw it
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
Ernis
狼獾

22.04.2007 at 23:25
Written by APOHAKC on 22.04.2007 at 23:21

Reviewer wrote very funny descripton of that album, the way he saw it

What? I promise I didn't find anything funny in it....I even read it again...and nothing made me laugh......and when I wrote it, I didn't laugh either....
----
Go ahead, make my day...
APOHAKC
The Bard

22.04.2007 at 23:37
Actually, I never said I read that review here, it was in Serbian MetalSound Fanzine
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat

30.05.2007 at 20:46
A nine-and-a-half-minute collection of video clips shot during Elvenking's 2006 European tour has been posted the 2nd May 2007 at Youtube here
Ernis
狼獾

31.05.2007 at 01:11
I really liked the video....Elvenking is one of my favourite bands but unfortunately I've never seen them live yet....Now I heard in this video Damnagoras singing "Jigsaw Puzzle"....t'was originally sung by Kleid...and well....didn't disappoint me....both singers are good....same style, but slightly different voices...
----
Go ahead, make my day...
Ernis
狼獾

31.05.2007 at 12:36
@White Winter Sun....please describe what is on the picture because when I open the link, I only see some advertisements and a yellow frog...that's all I can see....
----
Go ahead, make my day...
Piro

02.06.2007 at 18:29
Elvenking's new album was pretty good, its the only one I've listened to, but it had some surefire songs, like Devil's Carriage and Rats are Following. The only problem was some of the lyrics struck me as corny.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
Ernis
狼獾

02.06.2007 at 21:20
Written by Piro on 02.06.2007 at 18:29

The only problem was some of the lyrics struck me as corny.

Would you give some examples? I personally can't tell what you are speaking about here.....
----
Go ahead, make my day...
Piro

03.06.2007 at 01:51
Its a personal opinion, but in Rats are following:So come out and play, don´t be upset. Its more of the way he sings it than the actual lyric.
Th wanderer:My fairy and I are wandering through times
And stories forgotten, some old fairytales
Of wizards of Oz, of lost keys and gardens.
Again, the way he sings it more than of the actual words.

Still, I don't mean that the band itself is corny, I just mean that certain parts of some songs are.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
Susan
Smeghead

03.06.2007 at 09:45
@Piro: Corny lyrics? Welcome to power metal

Well, I kind of agree with you though. Corny lyrics don't bother me too much though but reading Elvenking's lyrics I sometimes have to wonder if the writer had a complete grasp of English
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
Ernis
狼獾

04.06.2007 at 18:20
Written by Piro on 03.06.2007 at 01:51

Its a personal opinion, but in Rats are following:So come out and play, don´t be upset. Its more of the way he sings it than the actual lyric.
Th wanderer:My fairy and I are wandering through times
And stories forgotten, some old fairytales
Of wizards of Oz, of lost keys and gardens.
Again, the way he sings it more than of the actual words.

Still, I don't mean that the band itself is corny, I just mean that certain parts of some songs are.

Don't think so please...I amn't upset at all....I was just interested and wanted to know your opinion more thotoughly...I haven't payed that much attention to the lyrics anyway....but yeh...I indeed agree with you that these sequences indeed are a bit tacky but otherwise they don't ruin the music nor the atmosphere so they may be there....
----
Go ahead, make my day...
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat

04.06.2007 at 19:24
Written by Ernis on 31.05.2007 at 12:36

@White Winter Sun....please describe what is on the picture because when I open the link, I only see some advertisements and a yellow frog...that's all I can see....

I don't understand your message
Ernis
狼獾

05.06.2007 at 02:21
Written by White Winter Sun on 04.06.2007 at 19:24

Written by Ernis on 31.05.2007 at 12:36

I don't understand your message

Well....you posted a link I guess....I don't see that post any more but I remember you posted a link to a picture....and it didn't show any....
----
Go ahead, make my day...
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat

05.06.2007 at 11:22
Written by Ernis on 05.06.2007 at 02:21

Well....you posted a link I guess....I don't see that post any more but I remember you posted a link to a picture....and it didn't show any....

Ho I see. I have delete it. It was a mistake, not posted on the good window, and forum. Again sorry.
Piro

05.06.2007 at 13:47
Well, for the sake of this topic, do you think elvenking is going in the right direction? I mean, I've heard people complain about the techno-like intro to the song "The Winter Wake". What do you think?
----
Ernis
狼獾

05.06.2007 at 15:14
Written by Piro on 05.06.2007 at 13:47

Well, for the sake of this topic, do you think elvenking is going in the right direction? I mean, I've heard people complain about the techno-like intro to the song "The Winter Wake". What do you think?

I don't think it's the end of the world....I agree...."The Winter Wake" does begin like a disco/pop/trance track but that's just it....the rest of the song is normal....I have no idea why they decided to arrange it that way but I can't complain...I may even say that it suits the song in a way....
----
Go ahead, make my day...
Piro

09.06.2007 at 03:13
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think it's the end of the world....I agree...."The Winter Wake" does begin like a disco/pop/trance track but that's just it....the rest of the song is normal....I have no idea why they decided to arrange it that way but I can't complain...I may even say that it suits the song in a way....

yea, it almost does, it gives the song a trance-like feel, that is held throughout the song.
The first time I heard the song start, I instantly thought of the "Polish techno/disco my fatehr used to listen to a long time ago.
----
Ernis
狼獾

10.06.2007 at 02:47
Don't worry....that's what makes the song special.....actually I haven't listened to the song for a long time but I can say that I didn't pay attention to the trance beat after the guitars and more "serious" instruments were introduced.....you may be right that the pop undertone was there....
----
Go ahead, make my day...
Lupas
Maximus

10.06.2007 at 17:52
i don't know but there is another new album on the way, is that right ?

edit: Just check their site that a new album is to be realesed on Sep 14 http://www.elvenking.net/index.htm
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
Ernis
狼獾

11.06.2007 at 14:44
Written by Lupas on 10.06.2007 at 17:52

edit: Just check their site that a new album is to be realesed on Sep 14 http://www.elvenking.net/index.htm

WTF??!!! It's so funny....they're going to release an album on death topic....it's really funny for so far all their albums have born the cheesy "oh-so-happy" mood(sometimes balancing on the borders of "flower metal")....now what....the entire album design and the style of promotional pictures is morbid....the song titles are soaked with morbidness...It may be good, I don't deny but at the moment it seems so funny because it's exactly the opposite of their usual style....I want to hear the music....I wonder if Damnagoras is going to sing the lyrics with his "merry hobbit" voice....
----
Go ahead, make my day...
baldur

11.06.2007 at 14:49
Written by Ernis on 11.06.2007 at 14:44

Written by Lupas on 10.06.2007 at 17:52

WTF??!!! It's so funny....they're going to release an album on death topic....it's really funny for so far all their albums have born the cheesy "oh-so-happy" mood(sometimes balancing on the borders of "flower metal")....now what....the entire album design and the style of promotional pictures is morbid....the song titles are soaked with morbidness...It may be good, I don't deny but at the moment it seems so funny because it's exactly the opposite of their usual style....I want to hear the music....I wonder if Damnagoras is going to sing the lyrics with his "merry hobbit" voice....

elvenking....death metal??.... naaah
----
http://www.lastfm.de/user/haggard123/
Ernis
狼獾

11.06.2007 at 14:55
Exactly....but this would be too weird...think yourself....is there any such band who has swapped a style so radically? I understand that some bands slowly change their style...for example from black metal to later death metal...or switches from doom to doom-gothic and furthermore to gothic....but a switch from folk-power metal to morbid(suicidal) death metal would be too awkward, don't you think....
Just read the lines on their homepage..."Don't tell anyone the place where I'm going cause they won't believe...this time I don't know if I'll ever return...say goodbye for me to my home..."
Doesn't it look almost like a suicide note?
----
Go ahead, make my day...
Doc Godin
Obnoxious

13.06.2007 at 06:55
Its not gonna be death metal.....i dont think. Other bands have lyrical content about death without being death metal. And plus, I find death metal talks about ways to die...and what to do with the cadaver after death happens, whereas power metal bands (Elvenking being power/folk) will often focus on the emotional/spiritual side of death.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
Ernis
狼獾

13.06.2007 at 19:14
Well....let them focus on the spiritual side of death then....unless they decide to become doom...or worse....emo...ok...that last one was a lame joke...sorry...
----
Go ahead, make my day...
Doc Godin
Obnoxious

14.06.2007 at 11:19
Written by Ernis on 13.06.2007 at 19:14

Well....let them focus on the spiritual side of death then....unless they decide to become doom...or worse....emo...ok...that last one was a lame joke...sorry...

Wouldnt surprise me too much, Damnagoras' voice can sound slightly emo-esque at times (I.E. Disillusions Reel)
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
Ernis
狼獾

14.06.2007 at 18:40
Written by Doc Godin on 14.06.2007 at 11:19

Written by Ernis on 13.06.2007 at 19:14

Wouldnt surprise me too much, Damnagoras' voice can sound slightly emo-esque at times (I.E. Disillusions Reel)

Bloody hell, man, you scare me.....Well...perhaps it's slightly emo but I never noticed it....well....Disillusions Reel is just a slower paced song and a his voice.....oh yeh...it does get whiny a bit......but it's not Tokio Hotel after all aye.....
----
Go ahead, make my day...
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat

02.07.2007 at 23:59
Elvenking have posted the following message on their website:

"The first part of "Making of The Scythe" has been posted online on Elvenking Official YouTube Channel. This first video is about the drums and guitars. More to come very soon!"
You can watch it at YouTube here. Enjoy.
Imraghil

06.07.2007 at 19:31
reaaly cool band. I love the violin in it to bad there arn't much guitar pro tabs from it...
Imraghil

06.07.2007 at 19:34
reaaly cool band. I love the violin in it to bad there arn't much guitar pro tabs from it...

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Login or register to post here.