‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Users visited: 71  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Susan on 07.07.2006 at 23:33
No topic about Evenking?!?!!! Well, that's about to change!

I came to this forum to look for the Elvenking topic and post about the new album but there wasn't a topic! Like magic, now there is

I love the Heathenreel and Wyrd albums and just heard the Winter Wake for the first time today. I haven't finished listening but it seems to be a lot less folk than before Whatever Elvenking touches turns to gold so I'm sure it will be great anyway but I was a little disappointed initially. I'll listen to the whole thing and let it grown on me, then post back.

What do you guys think of the new album or any of the other albums? I heart Elvenking hehehe

Page 3 of 4

Imraghil

06.07.2007 at 19:34
reaaly cool band. I love the violin in it to bad there arn't much guitar pro tabs from it...
Mindheist
No Longer Human

09.07.2007 at 18:41
You can see some photos from the video shoot for the song "The Divided Heart" at this location.
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
  12.07.2007 at 01:34
the bands that come out of Italy are in their majority Symphonic Power Metal, but in the case of Elvenking shows to be different to these. They expose a Folk Power with great technique in their majority.

They have four works, but the album debut "Heathenreel" I think that it is the best, great instruments, great technique.
Inlé

17.07.2007 at 19:38
Well... I've just heard the samples... It looks like this is another definite "early stuff only" band. It was painful just listening to the short samples... And to think I used to jokingly say "Disillusions Reel" had Fall Out Boy vocals.

Disappointed :/
Ernis
狼獾

17.07.2007 at 20:24
All right....I'll say something too now....I was expecting something a bit different from it but now I must admit that the "merry power" has left their music.....the samples did sound rather dull...I don't know if this is intentional but it doesn't have good impact on their style....I'm afraid that this album may prove to be a letdown....
----
You don't mind me calling you bub, bub?
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat

10.08.2007 at 18:03
Elvenking video for the song "The Divided Heart" (promotional videoclip) is now online on MySpace at this location. Enjoy.
baldur

10.08.2007 at 19:14
dont know if its just me but it does not sound like elvenking

dont like it!
----
http://www.lastfm.de/user/haggard123/
Ernis
狼獾

10.08.2007 at 19:55
What the hell was that?

This video was hilarious....as much as I love Elvenking...the song was...decent...but nothing very awesome...it sounded a bit diluted...besides I was too busy grinning at the video...wtf? The tall bitch who fucked them all? Damnagoras looked disturbingly similar to Alexi Laiho....Ok....they acted emo and eventually starred in lovely suicide scenes....this is supposed to be the end of Elvenking now right?

Video was entertaining while watching for the first time...otherwise 'twas empty.....
----
Storchillarn

11.08.2007 at 19:10
I actually enjoyed The WInter Wake but that song was not really great... and the video was... well, weird.
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬

12.08.2007 at 15:30
O.o Where are the real Elvenking?! Oh god...I can't hold another letdown
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
Piro

12.08.2007 at 15:48
I'm still eagerly awaiting thier new album "Scythe". But from the samples on their myspace, I fear it may not be exactly what I would expect from Elvenking. The Winter Wake was a good album, I just hope Scythe will be a step up, not down.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat

29.08.2007 at 13:01
The following update was posted on Elvenking's official website:

"THE SCYTHE Worldwide Release Dates
Here are more details on the release of "THE SCYTHE", Elvenking's new album:

EUROPE (AFM-Records) September 14th, 2007
Limited Digipack version with:
- bonus track ("Horns Ablaze")
- bonus video track ("The Divided Heart" videoclip )
Regular version

USA (Candlelight Records) November 6th, 2007
Regular version

JAPAN (Soundholic Records) November 21st, 2007
Regular version with:
- bonus track ( "The Open Beach" from "The Winter Wake" sessions )

Around the day of the European release, the site will be completely renewed with a new graphic layout, more info on "The Scythe" and new contents!"
Janne
Hugin

10.08.2008 at 01:04
It seems that this topic has died...never mind.
I'd like to ask you which is your favourite Elvenking Album?
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
Ernis
狼獾

10.08.2008 at 22:27
Written by Janne on 10.08.2008 at 01:04

Wyrd for me.... Kleid does a very good singing job on it....I also like Heathenreel because it contains their best song "Seasonspeech"....
----
Janne
Hugin

11.08.2008 at 00:07
Written by Ernis on 10.08.2008 at 22:27

Written by Janne on 10.08.2008 at 01:04

Wyrd for me.... Kleid does a very good singing job on it....I also like Heathenreel because it contains their best song "Seasonspeech"....

Nice Seasonspeech is my favourite song from Elvenking, though I've only listened to Heathenreel and Wyrd, yet.
My favourite song from Wyrd was "Moonchariot" at first but for now it has changed to "A Poem For The Firmament".
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
Altáriel
Account deleted
  23.08.2008 at 22:22
I loved the firste 3 albums from Elvenking, but I was a little disapponted with the 4th. I find it too.. modern, so to speak, as if it had lost the magic it had. A real pity. I heard a new album is coming this year or the next. I hope it picks up a bit.

My favourite Elvenking songs are Seasonspeech (it's just amazing, with the 4 singers playing the 4 seasons) and The Wanderer (speaks directly to me). Favourite album is Heathenreel.

Another hopeless dream of mine is to see them live, but I don't think they'll ever come this way...
Janne
Hugin

23.08.2008 at 22:26
Written by Guest on 23.08.2008 at 22:22

I loved the firste 3 albums from Elvenking, but I was a little disapponted with the 4th. I find it too.. modern, so to speak, as if it had lost the magic it had. A real pity. I heard a new album is coming this year or the next. I hope it picks up a bit.

My favourite Elvenking songs are Seasonspeech (it's just amazing, with the 4 singers playing the 4 seasons) and The Wanderer (speaks directly to me). Favourite album is Heathenreel.

Another hopeless dream of mine is to see them live, but I don't think they'll ever come this way...

The same here, my favourite song is also Seasonspeech and my favourite album is Heathenreel. for me their 3rd album is already too Ordinary... there isn't the magic in it as in the older albums. but I still love this band.
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
Altáriel
Account deleted
  23.08.2008 at 22:32
You're right there. I think the band is not the same since Jarpen left. And the decay of his relationship with the band is shown in their cds.
Janne
Hugin

07.12.2008 at 20:06
Could someone send me a torrent link of the new album in PM?
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
Eeric
Account deleted
  08.12.2008 at 11:06
I really like their newer stuff than the older. (You propably hate me cuz of this but...) Their first two albums was like stuffed with all they could imagine and it wasn't so good as they are now. For the way their music is changed I see it kinda natural evolution. If you listen their albums from first to last you can hear that scythe album was coming. I just hope that they don't do music which they don't like to play cuz of fans are starting to hate them. They have made their music better and better all the time. And the new acoustic album shows that they still got the skill to do "TR00" elvenking folk metal.
Janne
Hugin

08.12.2008 at 17:35
Written by Guest on 08.12.2008 at 11:06

I really like their newer stuff than the older. (You propably hate me cuz of this but...) Their first two albums was like stuffed with all they could imagine and it wasn't so good as they are now. For the way their music is changed I see it kinda natural evolution. If you listen their albums from first to last you can hear that scythe album was coming. I just hope that they don't do music which they don't like to play cuz of fans are starting to hate them. They have made their music better and better all the time. And the new acoustic album shows that they still got the skill to do "TR00" elvenking folk metal.

Yeah, you were right, now we hate you!!
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
kanho
Account deleted
  12.12.2008 at 18:58
Seasonspeech was amazing song,Favourite album is Heathenreel but it´s true than they should change and become a grand band again,i think same than Altáriel...
Ernis
狼獾

21.02.2009 at 22:13
The new acoustic album is good....it's very delighting and pleasant and I am glad they issued it since "The Scythe" was a letdown for me....nice to see them creating something good....and the cover song "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" is brilliant....
----
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion

21.02.2009 at 22:19
Written by Ernis on 21.02.2009 at 22:13

The new acoustic album is good....it's very delighting and pleasant and I am glad they issued it since "The Scythe" was a letdown for me....nice to see them creating something good....and the cover song "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" is brilliant....

Same thoughts here. Although I like "Not My Final Song" best.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
Janne
Hugin

21.02.2009 at 23:44
Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 21.02.2009 at 22:19

Written by Ernis on 21.02.2009 at 22:13

Same thoughts here. Although I like "Not My Final Song" best.

I like that song the best too. It's so powerful! but I like the entire album. For me it's 10/10.
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
Zelse

22.02.2009 at 04:42
I heard about these guys years and years ago but never listened to them... now I finally checked them out, I'm hearing the first few songs from The Scythe right now and I really like what I hear. Are the other albums like this? I was expecting some acoustic, folky stuff, not this heavy, pounding riffage. Very nice surprise though.
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

22.02.2009 at 09:35
The other albums are much much better than The Scythe ...my most favorite is propably The Winter Wake - each single song from this album is simply superb
----
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings
Become dust in the wake of the hymn
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall
No more than a breath on the wind

Janne
Hugin

22.02.2009 at 12:17
Written by Zelse on 22.02.2009 at 04:42

I heard about these guys years and years ago but never listened to them... now I finally checked them out, I'm hearing the first few songs from The Scythe right now and I really like what I hear. Are the other albums like this? I was expecting some acoustic, folky stuff, not this heavy, pounding riffage. Very nice surprise though.

Probably you won't like the other albums so much because the earlier albums and the new one are not so heavy but more folky.
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
Zelse

22.02.2009 at 18:54
Written by Janne on 22.02.2009 at 12:17

Probably you won't like the other albums so much because the earlier albums and the new one are not so heavy but more folky.

Well you never know, I actually went into the band expecting that stuff, haha. I guess I'll check another album out and see what it's like.
Janne
Hugin

22.02.2009 at 20:32
Written by Zelse on 22.02.2009 at 18:54

Written by Janne on 22.02.2009 at 12:17

Well you never know, I actually went into the band expecting that stuff, haha. I guess I'll check another album out and see what it's like.

I hope you'll like all the albums!
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Login or register to post here.