Metal Storm logo
Shadowside - New Album Details

Brazilian metallers Shadowside have just unveiled "Dare To Dream" cover artwork and tracklist, the band's forthcoming album. The cover was designed by Brazilian artist Jobert Mello who had previously worked with the band on the American edition of the successful debut album "Theatre Of Shadows" (2007) and is also known for works with Sabaton.

Dare to Dream was produced and mixed by Dave Schiffman (System Of A Down, Audioslave, Avenged Sevenfold) at LCM Studio in São Paulo, Brazil and mastered by Howie Weinberg (Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Pantera and several others) at Masterdisk Studio in New York.

The tracklist for the CD is as follows:

01. Nation Hollow Mind
02. In The Night
03. Last Thoughts
04. Hideaway
05. Baby In The Dark
06. Ready Or Not
07. Memories
08. Wings Of Freedom
09. Time To Say Goodbye
10. Life Denied
11. Dare To Dream

Frontwoman Dani Nolden comments on the artwork, reason for the "Dare To Dream" title and identity of this new material: "We wanted to achieve something that would represent the whole idea behind the "Dare To Dream" title and Jobert knew exactly how to capture that, not only on the cover but in the entire album artwork. The title works really well in our area once every single great band was born from a child's or teenager's dream however it applies to everyone, anywhere. It's for a child that doesn't understand why there are wars out there, for those tired of the office work, dreams of going away on a trip or switching jobs, for those who think of a distant future or simply wonder what is going to happen tomorrow. Daring is essential in everybody's life and it isn't any different in our case. In this new material we kept everything we have been about since the beginning but we dared going one step further. The energy is there as well as the heaviness but we went a little more melodic in some parts and angrier in others. I believe "Dare To Dream" will come as a shock in a positive way. I see ourselves with a lot more identity nowadays, lyrics are extremely personal and I can say this album is 100% Shadowside."

As of right now, Dani Nolden (vocals), Raphael Mattos (guitars), Edu Simões (bass) and Fabio Buitvidas (drums) have started promoting the recorded and will announce tourdates in the following months.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Shadowside
Posted: 29.01.2009 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 33 users
29.01.2009 - 14:50
Asitis

Why are most metal artwork and music videos soo damn ugly?!
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays

Hits total: 2586 | This month: 5