Metal Storm logo
Enslaved - Win Spellemann Metal Award

For the third time in five years, Enslaved have won the Spellemann Award (the Norwegian equivalent to the American Grammy) for Best Metal Album 2008 with their latest offering, "Vertebrae". The other nominated bands were Keep Of Kalessin ("Kolossus") and Benea Reach ("Alleviat").

Enslaved commented: "We're very honored to get our third Grammy! The party was good, we had a good time. We think the Grammy committee was very generous in giving all the artists two whole pitchers of ice water and selling 0.3 liters of flat beer for 7.5 Euros in the bar. Luckily, we robbed a bank on our way there and could afford getting absolutely smashed. We're having a rough Monday here. Thanks!"

Enslaved won a Spellemann Awards for Best Metal Album in 2006 for "Ruun" and in 2004 for "Isa". Last year the Award went to Mayhem and "Ordo Ad Chao".

Source: spellemann.no
Band profile: Enslaved
Posted: 29.01.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 172 users
29.01.2009 - 16:05
xska

Well deserved
29.01.2009 - 16:41
Asitis

Lol @ their bar comment
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
29.01.2009 - 17:53
Elio
Red Nightmare
and I complain for how much I pay for beer
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
29.01.2009 - 18:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Lol, that was pretty funny.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.01.2009 - 19:47
GT
Coffee!!
Lol at the bar comment, but what did they expect...it's Norway! Beer prices are out of this world up there
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.01.2009 - 20:34
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
They sure did deserve that award. I'm surprised, how popular are Enslaved in Europe?
----
Coldgrits
29.01.2009 - 21:29
kaylamacgavin

Great news!
29.01.2009 - 21:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by -DC-002- on 29.01.2009 at 20:34

They sure did deserve that award. I'm surprised, how popular are Enslaved in Europe?

Quite popular and well-known amongst metalheads. Last time around they sold out 4 nights here in The Netherlands all venues holding around 700 people.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.01.2009 - 23:04
Talvi

Well done, but that fucking beer was really expensive!
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
29.01.2009 - 23:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Hm, good to see some countries music awards acknowledge more bands than just Metallica. Both the Junos and the Grammys are sickening. The Spellemann awards on the other hand...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.01.2009 - 02:22
Hyvaarin

Not sure that I would've given it to them instead of Keep of Kalessin, but very well deserved nonetheless.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
30.01.2009 - 03:04
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
It appears that the Norwegian grammies have more dignity than the American grammies.
30.01.2009 - 03:42
Woerode
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 29.01.2009 at 23:21

Both the Junos and the Grammys are sickening. The Spellemann awards on the other hand...

Are no different.
It's all bullshit kids, a giant game of stroke the flavour.
Enslaved deserved no award, especially not for the shiny dung-heap they threw together in 08.
30.01.2009 - 03:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Churrrz
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.01.2009 - 03:50
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.01.2009 at 21:32

Written by -DC-002- on 29.01.2009 at 20:34

Quite popular and well-known amongst metalheads. Last time around they sold out 4 nights here in The Netherlands all venues holding around 700 people.

that's good to hear. They seem to be the Slayer of European extreme metal
----
Coldgrits
30.01.2009 - 09:10
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 30.01.2009 at 03:42

Both the Junos and the Grammys are sickening. The Spellemann awards on the other hand...

Are no different.
Enslaved deserved no award, especially not for the shiny dung-heap they threw together in 08.

Wants wrong with the latest album?

Ohhhhh, because they progressed and made something varied rather than stagnating and trying to create the same raw black metal everyone else is doing? Yeah, total dung-heap.
----
- George Carlin
30.01.2009 - 09:24
Woerode
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 30.01.2009 at 09:10

Written by Guest on 30.01.2009 at 03:42

Are no different.

Wants wrong with the latest album?

Ohhhhh, because they progressed and made something varied rather than stagnating and trying to create the same raw black metal everyone else is doing? Yeah, total dung-heap.

No.
If you were familiar with Enlaved's recent music you would know that NONE of their albums for the past >insert depressing (within context) number< years have featured any Black Metal what-so-ever.
You make it sound as though the last album they released was "Frost", compared to "Ruun" and "Isa" this new one was a real disapointment and I don't think it warrented an award.

That is all.
30.01.2009 - 09:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 30.01.2009 at 09:24

No.
If you were familiar with Enlaved's recent music you would know that NONE of their albums for the past >insert depressing (within context) number< years have featured any Black Metal what-so-ever.
You make it sound as though the last album they released was "Frost", compared to "Ruun" and "Isa" this new one was a real disapointment and I don't think it warrented an award.

That is all.

Oh, I just assumed you were one of those people who are still bitching about it after all this time.
----
- George Carlin
31.01.2009 - 03:44
Symmachus

I have no comment on the Spellemann awards.

Hits total: 3978 | This month: 3