Metal Storm logo
Unexpect

30.01.2009 - 03:51
Woerode
Account deleted
Not a bad band, terrible bio you gave'em though.
This site really has gone deeper into the shit if an Unexpect thread is just popping up now.
30.01.2009 - 10:04
ForeverDarkWoods

Unexpect is kind of nice, in their own very special and utterly schizophrenic way. If we're gonna talk about extremely weird and out there metal I'd much rather listen to Sigh or Diablo Swing Orchestra though. Unexpect can get just a little too much sometimes, and winds up just sounding wannabe avant-garde and pretentious.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
30.01.2009 - 21:06
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 30.01.2009 at 10:04

Unexpect is kind of nice, in their own very special and utterly schizophrenic way. If we're gonna talk about extremely weird and out there metal I'd much rather listen to Sigh or Diablo Swing Orchestra though. Unexpect can get just a little too much sometimes, and winds up just sounding wannabe avant-garde and pretentious.

What do you mean "wannbe" avant-garde?
----
(space for rent)
30.01.2009 - 21:27
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Dane Train on 30.01.2009 at 21:06

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 30.01.2009 at 10:04

What do you mean "wannbe" avant-garde?

Basically, strange for no other reason than being strange. They don't come off like this all the time, as I said they're quite good some of the time (when they don't go overboeard with the avant-gardeness in this way), but some of their songs just comes out as totally directionless just for the sake of some percieved intellectual value.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
29.04.2009 - 22:50
Leiken
Account deleted
I don't think there are many bands quite like them. The only one I can think of that may come close is a band from the UK called Ebony Lake. They have an album called On the eve of the grimly inventive. It's a bit trickey to find, but sooo worth the effort!
09.07.2009 - 06:03
Classic Bob G

I've actually had the chance to open for these guys.

I have to say it was an amazing experience.
09.06.2012 - 09:31
mayoarm

Amazing band. Extremely chaotic and innovative. They've taken avante-garde metal to its extreme potential, and made it listenable, melodic and enjoyable, not random technical nonsense with no groove and nothing to grasp onto. Fables of the sleepless empire is an amazing creation.
12.06.2012 - 06:14
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Hope they don't take another 5 years to release their next album.
15.06.2012 - 20:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Unhealer on 12.06.2012 at 06:14

Hope they don't take another 5 years to release their next album.

Probably what is going to happen
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.06.2012 - 00:01
mayoarm

Yeah they take their sweet ass time, and you can understand why. Their creations are amazing
09.07.2012 - 09:13
TheMike

Written by mayoarm on 09.06.2012 at 09:31

Amazing band. Extremely chaotic and innovative. They've taken avante-garde metal to its extreme potential, and made it listenable, melodic and enjoyable, not random technical nonsense with no groove and nothing to grasp onto. Fables of the sleepless empire is an amazing creation.

Definitely. I got into them just a few months ago when Devin Townsend referenced them on his Twitter (I don't use Twitter, but someone else shared the link on a YouTube video or something like that and mentioned that's where they got it). I haven't gotten to Flesh Aquarium yet because there is so much to Fables that I want to listen to it until I get it all before moving on to anything else. I like the fact that they use a violin and actually tie it into their music as a proper instrument and don't just use it for lousy, single-note background parts to get prog cred.
06.08.2012 - 23:13
Sync
Account deleted
Just properly listened to my first song by them off their 'In A Flesh Aquarium' album. All I can say is:

Mind. Fucking. Blown.
06.08.2012 - 23:33
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Guest on 06.08.2012 at 23:13

Mind. Fucking. Blown.

Welcome to the club!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
07.08.2012 - 13:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Darkside Momo on 06.08.2012 at 23:33
Mind. Fucking. Blown.

Welcome to the club!

My first Unexpect song was Feasting Fools... Damn what a slap on the face that was. Insane.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.08.2012 - 15:06
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.08.2012 at 13:21

Written by Darkside Momo on 06.08.2012 at 23:33
Mind. Fucking. Blown.

Welcome to the club!

My first Unexpect song was Feasting Fools... Damn what a slap on the face that was. Insane.

All of them are but I have a special place in my heart for "The Shiver - Meet Me At The Caroussel"
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
07.08.2012 - 20:08
R'Vannith
ghedengi
My favourite from IaFA is "Megalomaniac Trees", both for the song itself and the title. Just brilliant really.