Metal Storm logo
MS Awards 2008 bugs

‹‹ Back to Bugs
01.02.2009 - 09:21
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Yeah, I found a bug in the Awards; The Monolith Deathcult - Trivmvirate has for some reason been placed in the death metal section. Oh, and each category, including the drama of the year (that stuff is great!) has "Metal Storm Awards 2007" at the end of its page title.

In the Metallica (HM) description where it says "since a long time", it should be either "...long time ago" or "in a long time". There's a keg of other Bad Englishisms but those probably don't matter huh..?

edit on the last day of voting, unfortunately - same initial bug goes for Septicflesh. It's primarily symphonic metal, and "death" should be the prefix in their style. Take away the lead vocals and rare occurrences of the drums and you end up with nothing like death metal.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
01.02.2009 - 13:44
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Syk on 01.02.2009 at 09:21

Yeah, I found a bug in the Awards; The Monolith Deathcult - Trivmvirate has for some reason been placed in the death metal section. Oh, and each category, including the drama of the year (that stuff is great!) has "Metal Storm Awards 2007" at the end of its page title.

In the Metallica (HM) description where it says "since a long time", it should be either "...long time ago" or "in a long time". There's a keg of other Bad Englishisms but those probably don't matter huh..?

I don't know about Monolith Deathcult, but I fixed the other two. Sorry about some bad english - the descriptions were written in a great hurry and some haven't been proofread I guess...
02.02.2009 - 16:07
Baz Anderson

The Monolith Deathcult album is very clearly a death metal album. If you want to have a piss and moan about an album you don't like, go and do it in the awards thread like everyone else.
02.02.2009 - 16:09
Darkside Momo
Retired
And yes, The Monolith Deathcult is at it's right place in the Death Metal section, that's where we put it in the first place.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
03.02.2009 - 13:58
Vunts

Not too big of a bug, but under BEST DEBUTE Draugnim - Northwind's Ire is entered twice using a different apostrophe
03.02.2009 - 14:33
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Vunts on 03.02.2009 at 13:58

Not too big of a bug, but under BEST DEBUTE Draugnim - Northwind's Ire is entered twice using a different apostrophe

Sorted.
----
Your favorite band sucks.