Metal Storm logo
Black Metal "Sellouts": Dimmu Borgir vs Cradle Of Filth

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 08.07.2006 - 04:49
Simple. The BM sellout battle. Both COF and DM are identified as the ultimate Black Metal Sellouts. Which one do you prefer? And why? I personally prefer Dimmu. I don't like Danni Filth's voice.

Poll

Which sellout BM band you prefer?

Dimmu Borgir
Cradle Of Filth

Total votes: 613
23.02.2009 - 20:09
Thrashard
I used to like Dimmu Borgir, and I saw CoF live because I got tickets as a present. They both kind of suck now that I look back, but DB's Stromblast and such is good listen occasionally.
23.02.2009 - 21:50
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Slayer666 on 05.01.2009 at 11:01

Written by Lucas on 04.01.2009 at 21:58

Written by Slayer666 on 04.01.2009 at 21:57

Written by Lucas on 04.01.2009 at 21:34

Although I must say, Slayer666, your punctuation is a little annoying.

I know.Can't change it,though.

Why not? A space after each dot, comma, question mark etc. It's not that hard.

That's it? I'll try....

Lolll what a looong argument! There should be a max for quotes, seriously... Anyway, that's what happens when you're too far to punch each other's face: you just keep on arguing and won't admit you're wrong, unless you're mature enough, I guess. About that, I'd like to apologize for pointing Slayer's age out. But it kinda touched a nerve, didn't it?
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
24.02.2009 - 09:03
MadGatsu
*Eats popcorn and enjoys the show* Wow, this website has some really cool drama and novels here. Such an "all-round" forum! I like it
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
01.03.2009 - 20:00
Nardy7
Personally, I like Cradle Of Filth because they incorporate many elements, including the occasional operatic choir.
03.03.2009 - 09:55
Slayer666
Written by MétalNoir on 23.02.2009 at 21:50

Written by Slayer666 on 05.01.2009 at 11:01

Written by Lucas on 04.01.2009 at 21:58

Written by Slayer666 on 04.01.2009 at 21:57

Written by Lucas on 04.01.2009 at 21:34

Although I must say, Slayer666, your punctuation is a little annoying.

I know.Can't change it,though.

Why not? A space after each dot, comma, question mark etc. It's not that hard.

That's it? I'll try....

Lolll what a looong argument! There should be a max for quotes, seriously... Anyway, that's what happens when you're too far to punch each other's face: you just keep on arguing and won't admit you're wrong, unless you're mature enough, I guess. About that, I'd like to apologize for pointing Slayer's age out. But it kinda touched a nerve, didn't it?

No it didn't. Duh. I was just pointing out how incredibly stupid that deffense of his (and yours) was. I mean, he's like, 4 years older than me, and he calls me a "dumb 14-year-old" beacause of that. How amaizingly stupid is that?
04.03.2009 - 19:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Slayer666 on 03.03.2009 at 09:55

No it didn't. Duh. I was just pointing out how incredibly stupid that deffense of his (and yours) was. I mean, he's like, 4 years older than me, and he calls me a "dumb 14-year-old" beacause of that. How amaizingly stupid is that?

But at least can I call you a "dumb 14-year-old" because I am 26 years older? Please, please?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.03.2009 - 21:12
Slayer666
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.03.2009 at 19:35

Written by Slayer666 on 03.03.2009 at 09:55

But at least can I call you a "dumb 14-year-old" because I am 26 years older? Please, please?

Would it give you so much pleasure? If it would, than go ahead, oh the one who is 40 years of age.
09.03.2009 - 01:07
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Wether or not it has something to do with your age, you ARE acting childish and I'm fed up with your attitude, it's getting annoying, really...
----
12.03.2009 - 18:58
Slayer666
Written by MétalNoir on 09.03.2009 at 01:07

Wether or not it has something to do with your age, you ARE acting childish and I'm fed up with your attitude, it's getting annoying, really...

Wow, really, you are? So, what am I to do about it? Oh, that's right. Nothing. Your attitude is really anoying to me, but you won't be changing because of me (and I don't expect you to) neither will I for you, so if you can't stand me so much, just put me on Ignore or something, and stop wasting space on this forum with these mindless posts.
16.03.2009 - 04:10
ToMegaTherion
I never have liked the term "sell out" at least as far as music is concerned. I don't think those words can adequately describe why you not longer like a band.
Anyway, my vote in this contest is for Dimmu because i quite enjoy their work both new and old, while Cradle of Filth I have never liked for either their new or old work, they have just always annoyed me. As for Dimmu i have liked them since I first heard Cult. They aren't a favorite band but I do like and enjoy quite a few of their songs
20.03.2009 - 20:47
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Slayer666 on 12.03.2009 at 18:58

Written by MétalNoir on 09.03.2009 at 01:07

Wow, really, you are? So, what am I to do about it? Oh, that's right. Nothing. Your attitude is really anoying to me, but you won't be changing because of me (and I don't expect you to) neither will I for you, so if you can't stand me so much, just put me on Ignore or something, and stop wasting space on this forum with these mindless posts.

I don't understand why you are so arrogant, because it's not a coolness championship here, and I'm not trying to tell you what to do, nor am I trying to be "stronger" than you. All I say is that you are being childish and I don't know why you can't just pass on to something else, because I guess in fact it's this sterile discussion that's getting annoying both to you and me. I am as annoying to you as you are to me, and I'm slowly getting as childish as you, so let's just forget all this stupidity and talk about CoF vs DB, shall we?
----
20.03.2009 - 20:53
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by ToMegaTherion on 16.03.2009 at 04:10

I never have liked the term "sell out" at least as far as music is concerned. I don't think those words can adequately describe why you not longer like a band.
Anyway, my vote in this contest is for Dimmu because i quite enjoy their work both new and old, while Cradle of Filth I have never liked for either their new or old work, they have just always annoyed me. As for Dimmu i have liked them since I first heard Cult. They aren't a favorite band but I do like and enjoy quite a few of their songs

I don't like the term either, because to me sellout is Britney Spears and Celine Dion... There's a very easy way for me to know what's sellout and what's not: if it doesn't have the slightest chance to ever be on a mainstream radio or even on rock channels, then it can't be sellout. And as I'm sure you know, Cthulhu Dawn and Mourning Palace, or even Nymphetamie Fix, don't play so often on radio...
----
26.03.2009 - 12:19
Voidwalker
Both are untrue sellouts, choosing one I would have to go with Dimmu.
26.03.2009 - 13:31
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I don't like Cradle Of Filth anymore so I've choosen Dimmu Borgir.
26.03.2009 - 21:07
Voidwalker
At least Dimmu's earlier couple albums are tolerable.
18.06.2009 - 13:56
Throne Dweller
Written by Voidwalker on 26.03.2009 at 21:07

At least Dimmu's earlier couple albums are tolerable.

I hope you're a troll.

unt00r0 blkcu metulz dem zeslls OUT LUL:Z
18.06.2009 - 14:01
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Dimmu. but i do not agree with the sell-out word..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.06.2009 - 22:09
Bobby_Loggins
Account deleted
I would only say that these bands have sold out in the way of Merchandising. Maybe even dimmu more then COF! Their later albums I would call just bad music, not selling out. However they're both important bands great for people just getting into Black metal. I bet a lot of black metal fans on this forum were big fans of Dimmu and COF somewhere down the line. No one goes from listening to Iron Maiden to suddenly becoming a massive Nargaroth fan without listening to one of these two. It just wouldnt happen.

I remember when Dimmu Borgir's "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" came out. I had just started to drift from thrash towards more extreme metal. Put this baby on and I was hooked for life! I think the first track was the most kick ass and heaviest piece of music id ever heard at that point lol.
22.06.2009 - 13:55
Smurfophagist
This sure is a very tricky dilemma. Both bands suck ass to beyond infinity, and now I must choose... I choose....DIMMU! That's because I really can't stand Dani's shit vocals, or his shitty goth image. The man has transformed posing into an art. He deserves to be beaten, quite brutally.
As for Dimmu... Varg pretty much said it all. Dimmu is a band which just 'flew' into the Norwegian BM scene, in order to follow the footsteps of the herd, without really having an idea what BM is all about. They never were 'trve' , but they made one decent album. It's one thing to sell out. But these bands managed to sell out (comercially speaking ofc) and make a ton of shitty and overrated albums.
Way to go.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
12.07.2009 - 03:55
opearn
Account deleted
Heres another reason to choose dimmu:
1. COF is not Black metal!

I actually quite liked dimmus Puritania, it had a nice experimental sound (at the time)
12.07.2009 - 04:15
Biedrik
I pick Dimmu Borgir. I absolutely can not tolerate Cradle of Filth's music. I don't like Dimmu Borgir much either, but I can tolerate them if I have to.

Written by Smurfophagist on 22.06.2009 at 13:55

This sure is a very tricky dilemma. Both bands suck ass to beyond infinity, and now I must choose... I choose....DIMMU! That's because I really can't stand Dani's shit vocals, or his shitty goth image. The man has transformed posing into an art.

He should get together with Glen Benton and write a book about posing.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
02.08.2009 - 07:08
wormdrink414
Elite
I hate them both so much. Have to go with Dimmu though just because I have friends who are fans plus Cradle of Filth is much worse. Dimmu's early stuff was mediocre and nothing I have heard from CoF can be labeled as such. Then again, Shagrath is apparently one of the biggest assholes in metal. So difficult. Damn you for posting this!
11.09.2009 - 18:12
Shogun
I actually like both bands a little. I don't listen to either on a regular basis though. Dimmu gets my vote because I like the names of the members more.
----
U.S.A. for Satan!
15.09.2009 - 08:28
savalegion
Have any of you met shagrath or filth? than you cant say that they are assholes. listen to midian and listen to Enthrone Darkness than compare. jesus you people have to at least hear it first than judge, i fuckin hated metallica for being sellouts but then i actually heard their first 4 albums and they are fuckin cool.when you post something and say that you dont like it because of the voice than it just makes you look like a fuckin moron.these are empty discussons with some fuckin 14 year old girl bitchin about something stupid.get over it and listen to the music.
17.09.2009 - 06:01
Mahler
Dimmu Borgir for me, i personally love their sound, and never get tired of listening to their stuff, sure their sell outs, but i dont think it matters who sells out more, its about the music.
18.09.2009 - 11:33
blackwreath
I chose Dimmu Borgir, the first album by them I heard was Death Cult.. and I despised it as "un-troo" and refused to even put it in my Metal album CD folder. Then I heard Puritanical.. and actually found it to be a very interesting album, i'm now thinking I may have pre-judged this band wrong.
18.09.2009 - 19:47
batusay
CoF has higher vocals and more talent wtf Dimu Borgir:| if you ask me that guy doesn't even know how to talk only to hee how they are lower lvl than CoF
----
Come inside and be afraid
Of this impressive mess I've made
If you take a look now you will find
PERFECT INSANITY
23.09.2009 - 05:22
Guib
Thrash Talker
Nah sincerly.. its COF for me..
maybe you guys will think Im being a moron.. but
no...

Older Cradle kicked asses.. really it did IMO
and also I never really enjoyed the sound of Dimmu either
they never had this little special touch Cradle had in the past... they're boring
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
24.09.2009 - 04:11
MetallicA
DIMMU BORGIR!!! They're one of the first extreme metal bands I ever got into and when I first heard the song Blessings Upon the Throne of Tyranny it was like love at first sight! Soon afterwards, I had their whole discography. Cradle of Filth have some very great songs but there's alot of songs I can't stand just because of the shrieking. If it weren't for the constant shrieking, I think I would like them alot more than I do. My favorite CoF songs don't have that constant shrieking. It's just annoying imo!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
24.09.2009 - 15:20
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by MetallicA on 24.09.2009 at 04:11

DIMMU BORGIR!!! They're one of the first extreme metal bands I ever got into and when I first heard the song Blessings Upon the Throne of Tyranny it was like love at first sight! Soon afterwards, I had their whole discography. Cradle of Filth have some very great songs but there's alot of songs I can't stand just because of the shrieking. If it weren't for the constant shrieking, I think I would like them alot more than I do. My favorite CoF songs don't have that constant shrieking. It's just annoying imo!

Well actually if you dont like this shrieking.. you dont like COF ... its like a voice signature
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here