Metal Storm logo
In Flames - Guitarist To Sit Out Upcoming Tour

In Flames have posted the following update:

"As some may or may not know, Jesper Strömblad has struggled for some time with alcoholic abuse, and decided to sit this one out (South America/Australia/Japan) in order to seek help and focus on rehabilitation and all that comes with it. We all talked about it and together with Jesper we chose to ask our longtime friend Niclas Engelin (Engel, ex-Gardenian), who helped us before, to complete the tour. We are all sad that it needed to come to this, but health comes first. Thanks for your understanding."

In other news, In Flames also won all three Bandit Rock Awards the band was nominated for, namely Best Swedish Band, Best Swedish Album and Best Swedish Live Band. The Bandit Rock Awards were held in Stockholm at Tyrol last Friday (January 30th). For more info, click here.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 03.02.2009 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 29   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 298 users
03.02.2009 - 19:51
flamey

Similarities of In Flames and Metallica are starting to scare me.
03.02.2009 - 20:01
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I'd be a drunk to if I had to play such shit music for the last 9 years....
----
Coldgrits
03.02.2009 - 21:03
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by -DC-002- on 03.02.2009 at 20:01

Ahaha so true!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
03.02.2009 - 21:05
Thryce
Retired Staff

This is not about you, nor what you deem shitty music : And nine years ago, you were nine... You see what I did here.

EDIT: besides dude, you have In Flames between your Attended gigs list and In Flames records in your collection. What kind of a hypocrite are you? I can understand you're a fan of the old material, but that's not a reason to jump on the hate-In Flames-bandwagon.

Anyway, despite their latest couple of efforts, which were mediocre at best, Jesper Strömblad still is key in this band...
----
Your favorite band sucks.
03.02.2009 - 21:08
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Thryce on 03.02.2009 at 21:05

This is not about you, nor what you deem shitty music : And nine years ago, you were nine... You see what I did here.

Despite their latest couple of efforts, which were mediocre at best, Jesper Strömblad still is key in this band...

Yes, because he's the one who wrote most of the music of In Flames.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
03.02.2009 - 21:19
broken goddess

I guess I'm going to be the first to comment on the poor guy's health, and wish him a full and speedy recovery....

That's a serious disease, and a hard one to conquer (not to mention it's a lot more genetic than most people care to believe)

So let's all just hope he gets better and returns to the band sober ( to convince the others to stop making bad albums, and return to the old days )
----
--baleful's the passion when hearts stand still--
03.02.2009 - 21:24
CrowKiller

In Flames were, are and always will be an amazing band. True, Come Clarity was terrible, but I really enjoyed their latest album and everything else before that. I still love them and always will. You can't expect a band to release the same sounding crap over and over again.

All the best to Jesper. He is a great guitarist and shall overcome and be back better than ever.
03.02.2009 - 23:23
Metal Maiden
Megadead
I guess that's what you get for being a WoW addict, hahahahah... AND writing shitty music for the past 9 years, of course, lol...
I still wish him luck with the recovery, but I sure hope the overcoming of this "issue" of his inspires him to start writing some quality stuff at last...OR, if that's too much to ask, to give up on WoW at least - I've always said that stuff can kill, mhahahahaha...
04.02.2009 - 01:05
necrovamp

I admit i really dont like them. but i saw them at boa last in 07 and they played an exellent set.

I hope he gets better!
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
04.02.2009 - 01:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
Strömblad isn't a key member just because he writes the material (together with most of the other members), he's THE member 'cuz he's the only original one left.
----
04.02.2009 - 01:13
Warman
Erotic Stains

EDIT: besides dude, you have In Flames between your Attended gigs list and In Flames records in your collection. What kind of a hypocrite are you? I can understand you're a fan of the old material, but that's not a reason to jump on the hate-In Flames-bandwagon.

Hahaha, looking at someones profile is always the best way to counter attack.
----
04.02.2009 - 01:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Warman on 04.02.2009 at 01:13

nah, insult their age. that ALWAYS works.
04.02.2009 - 01:47
iaberis
Advice Troll
Why do they all need to be alcoholics?
----
Bitch! Please
04.02.2009 - 01:57
Talvi

Written by iaberis on 04.02.2009 at 01:47

Why do they all need to be alcoholics?

In order to make music that only alcoholics can enjoy.

Sorry, I meant, metalheads.
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
04.02.2009 - 04:45
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Warman on 04.02.2009 at 01:13

I didn't mean for it seem as harsh as people are taking it. I love old In Flames. I don't like the new stuff but don't have that much hate for it. Maybe the words "such shit music" was a bit to harsh. maye mediocre would have been better
----
Coldgrits
04.02.2009 - 06:40
insanity.peppers

Written by broken goddess on 03.02.2009 at 21:19

That's a serious disease, and a hard one to conquer (not to mention it's a lot more genetic than most people care to believe)

Genetic disposition to alcoholism is very true. I too hope he has a speedy recovery. But he hasn't got a disease, as much as they'd like you to believe that. It wasn't a disease that made him drink alcohol, and it wasn't disease that made him the addict he is now. Just bad genes and bad willpower.

Hope he doesn't go down the Head road and "find Jesus"
04.02.2009 - 08:36
..ExoTeaR..

Damn! my ticket to soundwave doesnt cost any less because of this =[
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
04.02.2009 - 09:22
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
His first name is very beautiful, for that I wish him good luck!
04.02.2009 - 09:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Spyroid on 04.02.2009 at 09:22

His first name is very beautiful, for that I wish him good luck!

you would jesper, you would.

anyway, im really glad hes getting help. alcoholism is a BITCH.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.02.2009 - 14:30
noxchimutaz
Account deleted
Since he's not the one that preforms most of the solos i guess it would be ok
04.02.2009 - 20:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by insanity.peppers on 04.02.2009 at 06:40

Why not? Has long as he's happy, right...?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.02.2009 - 22:07
Athan

Written by Guest on 04.02.2009 at 14:30

Since he's not the one that preforms most of the solos i guess it would be ok

That doesn't matter - he's still a vital member. He's been there since the beginning. It's better to focus on his music than being drunk on stage, whatever the difficulty. I respect that. Cheerz Jesper! Good luck!
05.02.2009 - 00:27
Glauco
Account deleted
Quite irresponsible...
But wish him good luck and health!!!
05.02.2009 - 09:34
insanity.peppers

Written by Lucas on 04.02.2009 at 20:46

Written by insanity.peppers on 04.02.2009 at 06:40

Why not? Has long as he's happy, right...?

Sure, I just don't think Jesus will be
06.02.2009 - 04:57
Raiden
Down Under Staff

You remind me of the "Bloody Mary" episode of South Park. I wouldn't call alcoholism a disease, but I know what you mean...
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
06.02.2009 - 19:23
Athan

Written by Raiden on 06.02.2009 at 04:57

You remind me of the "Bloody Mary" episode of South Park. I wouldn't call alcoholism a disease, but I know what you mean...

"A chick bleeding out her vagina is no miracle. Chicks bleed out their vaginas every day!" Pope Benedict XVI
08.02.2009 - 13:00
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Written by Athan on 06.02.2009 at 19:23

Written by Raiden on 06.02.2009 at 04:57

"A chick bleeding out her vagina is no miracle. Chicks bleed out their vaginas every day!" Pope Benedict XVI

Lol, yes that was one of the amusing lines from that episode
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
11.02.2009 - 02:16
wildchild
Warchild
Wow! Sad that Jesper cant come to Brazil. =/

Unfortunately i will not go to in flames show, cause I already buy Opeth and Kiss tickets... no more money =´
----
warchildpost.blogspot.com
11.02.2009 - 02:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
I saw them with Niclas Engelin back then in '06, he actually did a perfect job. Sure, no In Flames without Strömblad but just close your eyes and you all be fine.
----

Hits total: 4420 | This month: 5