Metal Storm logo
Who Will Rule in 2009?

Original post

Posted by Herzebeth, 03.02.2009 - 20:11
So, I'm already waiting for the new Cattle Decapitation and The New Cannibal Corpse to come in my mail... I also pre-ordere the new Napalm Death...

Surely those albums will kick ass...uhm...I hope...

And I'll be eagerly waiting for the new Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Suffocation albums...

It seems 2009 will fuck our asses constantly with brutal assaults and dildos... Which albums do you think will be worth trying this year?

don't you fucking hide the cult underground shit for yourselves bitches, let's see everything you've got.

My bet for 2009, is the following:

-Cannibal Corpse
-Torsofuck
-Agoraphobic Nosebleed..

for now...
08.05.2009 - 21:59
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
I think we're all avoiding the truth... In reality I believe that a group of cybernetically enhanced squirrels comming through a dimensional vortex will be ruling us in 2009. The signs have been there.... 1 out of every 50 squirrells appearing with a robotic eye and a shoulder mounted lazer, trees with what appears to be small advanced communication devices & power cells, and the ever increasing flow of other animals being found dead with lazer burns on their bodies.

Hey we can talk about metal all we want till we're blue inthe face and hands... I think the issue here is the Interdimensional Cyborg Squirrells. They seem pretty intent on global dominiation (in any place with trees and harvestable nuts). So yeah, if you want my vote on this "Who will rule in 09" it's them! Straight up!
----
08.05.2009 - 22:52
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Yeah I knew what you meant...I just don't think they'll "break-up". But obviously they will take a break.
----
Brujerizmo!
10.05.2009 - 00:21
VPeter

Written by Doc G. on 05.05.2009 at 08:41

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo
It seems Maurizio Iacono from Kataklysm is quite the ancient history buff, and hes turning it into a side-project. Apparently their debut album is coming out in late June, its got Karl Sanders, Nergal, and Obsidian C all guest starring on it...I'm listening to a demo song right now (its all they've got up so far), and its sounding great! As long as they replace the crappy sounding horns on the actual studio version, and make the transfers from symphonic to heavy guitar parts a little smoother, this should be one hell of an album, this might take debut of the year for me if my anticipation serves me well:

http://www.myspace.com/exdeo

All I hear (judging from the demo song) is crappy new Kataklysm with some forgetable keys. Will most likely become the "Alestorm" of Nuclearblast in some way.
10.05.2009 - 00:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by VPeter on 10.05.2009 at 00:21

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo
It seems Maurizio Iacono from Kataklysm is quite the ancient history buff, and hes turning it into a side-project. Apparently their debut album is coming out in late June, its got Karl Sanders, Nergal, and Obsidian C all guest starring on it...I'm listening to a demo song right now (its all they've got up so far), and its sounding great! As long as they replace the crappy sounding horns on the actual studio version, and make the transfers from symphonic to heavy guitar parts a little smoother, this should be one hell of an album, this might take debut of the year for me if my anticipation serves me well:

All I hear (judging from the demo song) is crappy new Kataklysm with some forgetable keys. Will most likely become the "Alestorm" of Nuclearblast in some way.

Yuou are right this is quite horrible to say the least. They make Keep Of Kallessin's last two and Turisas seem like brilliant bands.
Those keyboards are the cheesiest things this side of Alestorm.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.05.2009 - 00:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Fubar on 08.05.2009 at 20:30

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo

Btw, Within the Ruins already has my vote for debut of the year.
http://www.myspace.com/withintheruins

I hope you're kidding. Cause that is some really generic metalcore I hear there.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.05.2009 - 07:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2009 at 00:26

Written by VPeter on 10.05.2009 at 00:21

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo

Yuou are right this is quite horrible to say the least. They make Keep Of Kallessin's last two and Turisas seem like brilliant bands.
Those keyboards are the cheesiest things this side of Alestorm.

Hahaha, being a person who enjoys both Turisas and late Keep Of Kalessin I should take that as a good sign?

Yeah, I agree about the keyboards, and I really do hope they are just for the demo track, those could make or break the album for me if they don't change them.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.05.2009 - 22:20
Fubar

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2009 at 00:27

Written by Fubar on 08.05.2009 at 20:30

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo

Btw, Within the Ruins already has my vote for debut of the year.
http://www.myspace.com/withintheruins

I hope you're kidding. Cause that is some really generic metalcore I hear there.

I disagree I'm a big fan of the tech metal sound, and Arsis is up there with my favorite bands. I would say the guitar playing in within the ruins is far from generic
----
11.06.2010 - 22:24
busta5000
Account deleted
2009 same as before they are the new world order the illuminati the ones who worship satan & sacrifice vietnamese, Iraqis & american soldiers to satan. Soon they will sacrafice more lives iranian lives even innocent kids & children.
13.06.2010 - 19:59
vezzy
Stallmanite
The Devil You Know by Heaven and Hell remains my favorite of 2009.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.