Metal Storm logo
Who Will Rule in 2009?

Original post

Posted by Herzebeth, 03.02.2009 - 20:11
So, I'm already waiting for the new Cattle Decapitation and The New Cannibal Corpse to come in my mail... I also pre-ordere the new Napalm Death...

Surely those albums will kick ass...uhm...I hope...

And I'll be eagerly waiting for the new Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Suffocation albums...

It seems 2009 will fuck our asses constantly with brutal assaults and dildos... Which albums do you think will be worth trying this year?

don't you fucking hide the cult underground shit for yourselves bitches, let's see everything you've got.

My bet for 2009, is the following:

-Cannibal Corpse
-Torsofuck
-Agoraphobic Nosebleed..

for now...
06.03.2009 - 16:29
Metal_Militia

Written by Vationleg on 04.03.2009 at 08:19

Revolting already owns this year with "Dreadful Pleasures".
And Exodus? Cannibal Corpse? Necrophagist? Really?

Metalstorm has gotten worse...

Bro you only have 15 posts lol do you know metalstorm has gotten worse ha? I bet the new Necrophagist is gonna rip. Theyve taken some time off som i gotta think that any new material from them is gonna rip man. Also i cant believe i forgot Atheist earlier! I think the Pestilence/ Atheist returns will be pretty smashing as well. Idk if thyell be good enough to rule the year, but ill take it into account anyways. But so far, im gonna say Obscura's release takes the cake for everything already released
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

06.03.2009 - 20:42
ringofedwin
Account deleted
Behemoth is coming out with a new album I keep seeing new videos of them in the studio so let's see what happens.
06.03.2009 - 22:25
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Metal_Militia on 06.03.2009 at 16:29

Written by Vationleg on 04.03.2009 at 08:19

Revolting already owns this year with "Dreadful Pleasures".
And Exodus? Cannibal Corpse? Necrophagist? Really?

Metalstorm has gotten worse...

Bro you only have 15 posts lol do you know metalstorm has gotten worse ha? I bet the new Necrophagist is gonna rip. Theyve taken some time off som i gotta think that any new material from them is gonna rip man. Also i cant believe i forgot Atheist earlier! I think the Pestilence/ Atheist returns will be pretty smashing as well. Idk if thyell be good enough to rule the year, but ill take it into account anyways. But so far, im gonna say Obscura's release takes the cake for everything already released

The number of posts doesn't have anything to do with someones experience to the site. I created an account and started to post 1,5 year after finding that site. But I Agree with you at most about Pestilence and I Necrophagist!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
07.03.2009 - 13:52
Herrera
Account deleted
STRATOVARIUS
07.03.2009 - 20:16
Visioneerie
Urban Monster

But so far, im gonna say Obscura's release takes the cake for everything already released

I'm trying to understand what all the praise about Obscura's new album is about, i've heard say half of the songs and i don't hear anything revolutionary or outstanding. I'm a tech. death freak myself, but i'd have to say from what i've heard of Cosmogenesis it isn't as good as everyone makes it seem to be.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
07.03.2009 - 20:20
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Guest on 07.03.2009 at 13:52

STRATOVARIUS

No.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.03.2009 - 02:31
Vationleg

Pestilence

Maybe, in reality everything else is very doubtful though...
08.03.2009 - 03:55
Gigginova
Account deleted
The new Anal Cunt is supposed to be coming out lol.
08.03.2009 - 05:26
Metal_Militia

Written by Visioneerie on 07.03.2009 at 20:16

But so far, im gonna say Obscura's release takes the cake for everything already released

I'm trying to understand what all the praise about Obscura's new album is about, i've heard say half of the songs and i don't hear anything revolutionary or outstanding. I'm a tech. death freak myself, but i'd have to say from what i've heard of Cosmogenesis it isn't as good as everyone makes it seem to be.

Hmmm. I think its one of the best tech death releases in a year or two. The guitar solos mixed in some of the songs remind me a whole lot off Cynic Focus just a little faster. Theres a lot of stop and gos in this album and is very technically gifted. Blew me away personally.
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

08.03.2009 - 12:35
Sunioj

Written by Visioneerie on 07.03.2009 at 20:16

100% - at times it did have the same sort of sound as necrophagist, but it didn't really blow me away.
08.03.2009 - 16:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I think this year will be really interesting. Bands that I love will release albums

* Shining
* Diablo Swing Orchestra [the debut was THE shit that year... So this album must be in the same level if not better]
* Virgin Black... I really can't wait for an album with only classic music. Beautiful
*Hjarnidaudi
*Suffocation
*Necrophagist [If they release the album...]
* Morbid Angel

Damn... this year will be really good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.03.2009 - 22:34
ß
Problem?
I'm definitely looking forward to all these releases

Forest Stream
Isis
Wintersun ( That is if it actually comes out this year, I highly doubt it though)
Týr I still haven't checked out Land yet so I should get around to that
Belphegor.. It took me awhile to get into BGZ but I eventually enjoyed it
Arkona

These are just a few releases off the top of my head. So far it looks like 2009 will be a promising year hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
25.03.2009 - 20:28
ms68

I think about slayer, wintersun, anathema
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
26.03.2009 - 00:37
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Queensryche and Candlemass will probably hit it real big this year with their releases and tours...
26.03.2009 - 16:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 26.03.2009 at 00:37

Queensryche and Candlemass will probably hit it real big this year with their releases and tours...

Candlemass, yes, Queensryche, no, imo. First of all Queensryche hasn't released anything noteworthy since Promised Land (nope Operation Mindcrime edit II is bad in my book) and Geoff Tate vocals live are just cringeworthy nowadays.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.03.2009 - 18:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
lol @ Marcel... Yeah Operation: Mindcrime is bad in your book (it's a masterpiece) so yeah they'll probably hit it real big with their release and tour

HOWEVER...I didn't like the song from the widget...
26.03.2009 - 18:51
Derwood

The most pleasant surprise so far this year that I've listened to is Rumpelstiltskin Grinder's Living for Death, Destroying the Rest. It's certainly not groundbreaking, but it is a seriously fun thrash album. These guys enjoy a good laugh, but you can tell they have a lot of respect for their musical forefathers. They manage to poke fun at the genre without ridiculing it.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
26.03.2009 - 19:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 26.03.2009 at 18:35

lol @ Marcel... Yeah Operation: Mindcrime is bad in your book (it's a masterpiece) so yeah they'll probably hit it real big with their release and tour

HOWEVER...I didn't like the song from the widget...

I was talking about Operation Mindcrime II Not the first, original one, that one IS a masterpiece, classic, etc.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.03.2009 - 22:11
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I wonder how Vader's new album is going to do with Piotr Wiwczarek as the only remaining original member.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.03.2009 - 12:26
Freezer

It seems Candlemass' new album is a good one indeed, though I need further listens.
What else has come out in these months? Mastodon and My Dying Bride, both of which are acceptable-to-good products. I, too, am waiting for Virgin Black's new release.
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
01.04.2009 - 01:05
Go Forth Or Die
Account deleted
So far i've been surprised by Mastodons album i was listening to it and was like damn this is some good stuff. Also lamb of gods album and god forbids album were both pretty good too.
01.04.2009 - 16:31
Elio
Red Nightmare
New Buckethead's work has finally been edited (I waited fo about two months lol). Nice wankest anyway.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.04.2009 - 17:11
Janne
Hugin
New ENSIFERUM album on the 9th of September!!! That will kill
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
01.04.2009 - 17:12
Janne
Hugin
Rofl postcard.. I meant 'a l b u m'
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
01.04.2009 - 17:17
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
It seems that the new Behemoth will be a killer. They seem to have taken it very seriously!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
03.04.2009 - 05:01
Hrothdane

December is going to be crazy awesome for me. New Iron Maiden, new Kamelot, new Persuader, AND new Wuthering Heights albums! The Shadow Cabinet was a masterpiece, so I have high hopes for the new album.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
04.04.2009 - 03:44
TormentoR.

I was cool with Kreators Hordes and Cannibals Plague
But i think this year will rule >> The one and only ta da ta da ta daa !!! >>> SLAYER <<< !!! ^^
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
11.04.2009 - 22:34
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Azrael on 11.04.2009 at 19:45

What about Bolt Thrower
It's been a long time since 2005 - Those Once Loyal

they ve said they are going to take a break cause they cannot write material with the quallity they are looking for...
----
14.04.2009 - 15:30
Jan Destiny

I think Dalriada will rule in 2009. In Hungary...:)
They will release a new album in autumn, with covers of legendary hungarian poet, János Arany's poems. I'm very concerned about it.
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
15.04.2009 - 01:11
VPeter

Devin Townsend will surely rock 2009!