Metal Storm logo
Who Will Rule in 2009?

Original post

Posted by Herzebeth, 03.02.2009 - 20:11
So, I'm already waiting for the new Cattle Decapitation and The New Cannibal Corpse to come in my mail... I also pre-ordere the new Napalm Death...

Surely those albums will kick ass...uhm...I hope...

And I'll be eagerly waiting for the new Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Suffocation albums...

It seems 2009 will fuck our asses constantly with brutal assaults and dildos... Which albums do you think will be worth trying this year?

don't you fucking hide the cult underground shit for yourselves bitches, let's see everything you've got.

My bet for 2009, is the following:

-Cannibal Corpse
-Torsofuck
-Agoraphobic Nosebleed..

for now...
15.04.2009 - 01:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Listening new Ashes You Leave and Novembers Doom songs on myspace no doubt they will damn I dont wann MS avards 2009 because I realy dunno how can I could choose best doom albums of 2009
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.04.2009 - 05:07
Endoftherainbow

This year is gonna be one of the best for metal in awhile by its end. New Dying Fetus, Guttural Secrete, Insidious Decrepancy, Viral Load/Putrid Pile Split, Spawn of Possession, Reciprocal, Abominable Putridity, Infected Dissaray, Vomit the Soul, Augury, Maladorous, Municipal Waste, Decrepit Birth, Suffocation, and Behemoth and thats just to name a few that haven't come out yet that are going to destroy peoples minds. Plus so many great other death metal releases so far this year. The new Municipal Waste is my most anticipated album though nothing like some good ol' thrash and them and Skeletonwitch/Toxic Holocaust are the only ones who know how to bring that anymore.
17.04.2009 - 18:08
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by VPeter on 15.04.2009 at 01:11

Devin Townsend will surely rock 2009!

I hope so, I need a new Ocean Machine.

Want to know who WILL NOT rule in 2009? Eluveitie. New album is crap, i don't know why one of the only two votes is actually a 10 already
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
17.04.2009 - 20:08
VPeter

Written by Elio on 17.04.2009 at 18:08

Want to know who WILL NOT rule in 2009? Eluveitie. New album is crap, i don't know why one of the only two votes is actually a 10 already

You need to clean your ears it's an awesome album and way better then there previous ones.
17.04.2009 - 20:15
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by VPeter on 17.04.2009 at 20:08

You need to clean your ears it's an awesome album and way better then there previous ones.

Come on dude...I know few folk music albums and are way better than this.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
17.04.2009 - 20:24
VPeter

Written by Elio on 17.04.2009 at 20:15

Written by VPeter on 17.04.2009 at 20:08

Come on dude...I know few folk music albums and are way better than this.

Ofcourse Empyrium's Folk albums are better, but Eluveitie's Folk album still worth a solid 9
17.04.2009 - 20:34
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I would say the new one is a solid 7.5, but not more. But I agrre that the previous 2 were great (especially the first one)
17.04.2009 - 21:02
-Soulreaper-

Some that Im looking forward to and hopefully wont be a dissapointment...

Immortal
God Dethroned - Passiondale
Old Man's Child - Slaves Of The World
1349 - Revelations Of The Black Flame
Týr - By The Light Of The Northern Star
Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings
Wintersun - Time (if it will ever be freaking finished)

Also, Ensiferum, Nile, Morbid Angel, Katatonia, Insomnium, and Dragonlord(if they can get back on their feet).

But to me, this year has alot of potential for being a great year in metal. Just have to wait till the albums are released to judge it.
20.04.2009 - 15:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by -Soulreaper- on 17.04.2009 at 21:02

Some that Im looking forward to and hopefully wont be a dissapointment...

Immortal
God Dethroned - Passiondale
Old Man's Child - Slaves Of The World
1349 - Revelations Of The Black Flame
Týr - By The Light Of The Northern Star
Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings
Wintersun - Time (if it will ever be freaking finished)

Also, Ensiferum, Nile, Morbid Angel, Katatonia, Insomnium, and Dragonlord(if they can get back on their feet).

But to me, this year has alot of potential for being a great year in metal. Just have to wait till the albums are released to judge it.

I already heard the new God Dethroned and is decent but nothing great like f.i. The Grand Grimoire.

Heard the new Old Man's Child as well, and although I am a big fan of their work I find this one horrendous at best.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.04.2009 - 17:02
annodomini

After hearing Madder Mortem samples, i Believe this year will be a year of Madder Mortem. At last.
----
the riddle wants to be...
27.04.2009 - 03:56
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Every listen is even better when i blast Tribulation's debut 'The Horror'. It's just catchy as fuck with cool solos and a really nice rotten feel to it. That's your trademark Swedish DM i guess.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
30.04.2009 - 22:06
Heart_of_METAL

I believe and waiting for Wintersun, Halford and I ordered Eluveitie, so perhaps be good
03.05.2009 - 12:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I just found out the upcoming Skeletonwitch album is going to be produced by Jack Endino, who did a kick ass job with High On Fire, so this should be awesome.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.05.2009 - 17:13
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
It's very likely that Artillery will rule. The two songs from the upcoming album that they have uploaded are freaking great (or at least very promising).
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
04.05.2009 - 17:18
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by K✞ulu on 04.05.2009 at 17:13

It's very likely that Artillery will rule. The two songs from the upcoming album that they have uploaded are freaking great (or at least very promising).

yeah!!! i also checked the new songs and they ruuule!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
04.05.2009 - 17:33
Fubar

I can definitely say that Evisceration plague was worth the wait, it's unbelievable how long Cannibal Corpse has been around and how true they've remained to their style this entire time. I recently saw them in concert, and got to talk to them afterwards a bit about some of there new stuff including the video for evisceration plague. We didn't go as in depth but more or less just talked, considering my buddies did an interview with them before the concert.

Also Norther just recently release their album N with their new vocalist and both the band and the album took 3rd place on the Finnish Metal Awards, topping Children of Bodom. I'm not sure when they intend on releasing a new album with their vocalist but I can't wait to hear it.

On a lighter note, All That Remains' style is slightly shifting as to what was initially seen on their album This Darkened Heart. I mean, the song Two Weeks has been perched on the top 40 chart for active rock for over 30 weeks now. They're styles getting a little lighter and more accepted in mainstream metal. Just compare Forever in Your Hands and Two Weeks from their album Overcome to For Salvation from This Darkened Heart. I would expected to see them riding along with Avenged Sevenfold and getting increased radio play with the release of there next album.
----
05.05.2009 - 08:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo
It seems Maurizio Iacono from Kataklysm is quite the ancient history buff, and hes turning it into a side-project. Apparently their debut album is coming out in late June, its got Karl Sanders, Nergal, and Obsidian C all guest starring on it...I'm listening to a demo song right now (its all they've got up so far), and its sounding great! As long as they replace the crappy sounding horns on the actual studio version, and make the transfers from symphonic to heavy guitar parts a little smoother, this should be one hell of an album, this might take debut of the year for me if my anticipation serves me well:

http://www.myspace.com/exdeo
----
- George Carlin
05.05.2009 - 08:56
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Doc G. on 05.05.2009 at 08:41

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo
It seems Maurizio Iacono from Kataklysm is quite the ancient history buff, and hes turning it into a side-project. Apparently their debut album is coming out in late June, its got Karl Sanders, Nergal, and Obsidian C all guest starring on it...I'm listening to a demo song right now (its all they've got up so far), and its sounding great! As long as they replace the crappy sounding horns on the actual studio version, and make the transfers from symphonic to heavy guitar parts a little smoother, this should be one hell of an album, this might take debut of the year for me if my anticipation serves me well:

the song sounds great indeed (and jesus tastes sweet ). Reminded me of Drudkh at times.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
05.05.2009 - 09:20
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I will have to go with Ahab, Shining, Glorior Belli, and High on Fire coming up.

Mastodon, Colosseum, Solstafir, and Candlemass probably are the strongest of this year's releases thus far.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.05.2009 - 09:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by BitterCOld on 05.05.2009 at 09:20

I will have to go with Ahab, Shining, Glorior Belli, and High on Fire coming up.

Mastodon, Colosseum, Solstafir, and Candlemass probably are the strongest of this year's releases thus far.

Have you tried the new Heaven & Hell yet? I strongly recommend it. Tony Iommi's still got a lot of great riffs left, the new album being evidence of that.
----
- George Carlin
05.05.2009 - 16:49
Fubar

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo

I'm a fan of Katakylsm, and though this is an interesting shift from they're style it is a very amazing song, I can't wait to hear more from the album. It kind of remains me of a better Amon Amarth

I also agree with the horns thing too.
----
05.05.2009 - 18:55
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Have not checked out H&H yet. i'll give it a shot.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.05.2009 - 22:37
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I am hoping that the new Drudkh will not disappoint us. Also, Anaal Nathrakh, Orphaned Land, Wintersun, Necrophagist, Nile, Gorgoroth, Athiest, and Shining will also be amazing.

Biggest disappointment so far for me has been what I have heard from the new 1349...but that was maybe expected after the loss of Tjalve.
----
Brujerizmo!
05.05.2009 - 23:11
Hellish Star

HEATHEN by far!!!!!!!
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
06.05.2009 - 12:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Fubar on 05.05.2009 at 16:49

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo

I'm a fan of Katakylsm, and though this is an interesting shift from they're style it is a very amazing song, I can't wait to hear more from the album. It kind of remains me of a better Amon Amarth

Wow, people actually listen to my recommendations? How novel! Yeah, I listened to that songs multiple times today and came the conclusion those damn horns are either going to make or break the album.
----
- George Carlin
08.05.2009 - 03:23
Fubar

Written by Doc G. on 06.05.2009 at 12:31

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo

Wow, people actually listen to my recommendations? How novel! Yeah, I listened to that songs multiple times today and came the conclusion those damn horns are either going to make or break the album.

Well, I'm a fan Katakylsm, and they've been going down hill for a while now. I'm getting a good feeling that Ex Deo is probably gonna be the end to Katakylsm, but it's good to see that it's going to give birth so something good.

They do sound extremely synthetic. They should take a few pointers from Dimmu Borgir, they pulled of the synthetic orchestra pretty well on In Sorte Diaboli
----
08.05.2009 - 03:48
thesabbathfan

Immortal, Blind Guardian, and Ensiferum are gonna do some ass-kicking this year.
----
08.05.2009 - 18:37
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by Fubar on 08.05.2009 at 03:23

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo

Well, I'm a fan Katakylsm, and they've been going down hill for a while now. I'm getting a good feeling that Ex Deo is probably gonna be the end to Katakylsm, but it's good to see that it's going to give birth so something good.

I disagree. Although I wasn't a fan of their latest release, I thought In the Arms of Devastation was great. I wouldn't say it was that different from Serenity in Fire or Shadows and Dust musically...but the production was 100 times better. Although Prevail wasn't really my thing, it still got them bigger recognition especially in Europe. I don't think the band is going anywhere for a while.

Also, I still haven't heard their earliest albums like Sorcery or Temple of Knowledge all the way through, so I can really only compare their newest releases to anything they play live...and that's from the 4 albums I named above. (and maybe 3 other songs...Sorcery, As the Glorious Weep, Manipulator of Souls.)
----
Brujerizmo!
08.05.2009 - 20:26
Fubar

Written by Konrad on 08.05.2009 at 18:37

Written by Fubar on 08.05.2009 at 03:23

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo

I disagree. Although I wasn't a fan of their latest release, I thought In the Arms of Devastation was great. I wouldn't say it was that different from Serenity in Fire or Shadows and Dust musically...but the production was 100 times better. Although Prevail wasn't really my thing, it still got them bigger recognition especially in Europe. I don't think the band is going anywhere for a while.

Also, I still haven't heard their earliest albums like Sorcery or Temple of Knowledge all the way through, so I can really only compare their newest releases to anything they play live...and that's from the 4 albums I named above. (and maybe 3 other songs...Sorcery, As the Glorious Weep, Manipulator of Souls.)

When i say going downhill, i didn't mean talent wise. I don't feel Kataklysm is as strong as they used to be and I can sort of see a break up down the line. If you checked out Ex Deo's myspace, you can see they're already lined up for a tour across Europe. I would imagine it'd be hard to complete anything as a band when have you're guys are traveling across the country. I mean we just saw Norther's singer get kicked out of the band for spending to much time working with Ensiferum. It's stuff like this that can make or break a band.
----
08.05.2009 - 20:30
Fubar

Oh my sweet jesus!

Ex Deo

Btw, Within the Ruins already has my vote for debut of the year.
http://www.myspace.com/withintheruins
----