Album: Blood Feast
Release date: 2006

01. Anal Torture
02. Re-Exploring Ways Of Flesh
03. Pleasures Of The Moribund
04. Blood Feast
05. Scum [Napalm Death cover]
06. Chiavica (Cicala Grind) [bonus]

Necrotorture is a fairly new act from Italy; this band was signed by the Brutal Bands subsidiary called Extreme Underground; Blood Feast is actually their first material released in a non-independent position, then, this is as well the first record excreted by this new and vicious label. So let's see what both parties are made of.

The band is actually very good at what they do; they play Goregrind in the vein of General Surgery and Bound and Gagged but these Italians managed to add fresh sounds and cooler vocalizations to the mix. The whole connotation of this band is to be as fast and as brutal as fucking hell can be, and you know what? They succeed at this labor. Their potent structures and their explosive songwriting is really fucking sick and when this MCD ends you'll feel excited but fucking numb inside; kind of like the first time you watched "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (the original one of course), you didn't want the movie to end but all the scenes made your bowels erupt in disgust am I right?

This album is totally digestible, after all is just a 16 minutes mini CD; though I've heard a lot of Goregrind bands that bored me 2 minutes after I pushed play you know? So I'm sure Necrotorture will do just fine with a Full-Length. I really love groups like this one, bands that play tight Goregrind with versatile paces and not so many blast-beats nor gravity-blasts; but what I respect the most about Necrotorture is that, even though their brain comes from a well known Brutal Death band called Hour of Penance, their music doesn't sound like any of their side-bands you know?

So anyway, I'm pleased with this release; Goregrind maniacs should be waiting for this band's full-length as I'm sure it will be a really decent one. For now, "Blood Feast" is the perfect way to get into Necrotorture, so congratulations Extreme Underground, your debut was just amazing.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 08.07.2006

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 7 users
09.07.2006 - 02:34
Rating: 8
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
haha the dude's name is Dr. Gore.

Well, I love goregrind, grindcore, and all that fun stuff so I'll check this out. I've heard of these guys but I've never taken the time to listen to them.
15.07.2006 - 15:54
King Antichrist
Account deleted
Fuck man, I'm playing this MCD right now.
This is what Devourment should sound like.
The drums are very much like the aforementioned band.
Vocals are amazing, a healthy mix of almost Prostitute Disfigurement-like growls with some highish squeal-like vocals that I've never heard before.
Pretty generic goregrind guitar work though.
But overall this MCD is relaly impressing me, it breaks the mould of such an extreme genre with some real headbanging parts and other bits that are just furiously intense.
Samples are fairly long which kind of put me off a little, but the samples themself suit the music really well.
Anyway, this to me seems like a must for any goregrind / extreme metal fan.

Oh, thank YOU for reccomending this, I doubt I would have heard of it for quite a while otherwise.
15.07.2006 - 18:27
Herzebeth

Written by Guest on 15.07.2006 at 15:54

Fuck man, I'm playing this MCD right now.
This is what Devourment should sound like.
The drums are very much like the aforementioned band.
Vocals are amazing, a healthy mix of almost Prostitute Disfigurement-like growls with some highish squeal-like vocals that I've never heard before.
Pretty generic goregrind guitar work though.
But overall this MCD is relaly impressing me, it breaks the mould of such an extreme genre with some real headbanging parts and other bits that are just furiously intense.
Samples are fairly long which kind of put me off a little, but the samples themself suit the music really well.
Anyway, this to me seems like a must for any goregrind / extreme metal fan.

Oh, thank YOU for reccomending this, I doubt I would have heard of it for quite a while otherwise.

hey man glad you liked it...you're so welcome
----

Hits total: 6390 | This month: 15