03. We Are Horrible People
04. Tooth Enamel & Concrete
05. The Ripe Beneath The Rind
06. The Product Alive
07. In Axetasy
08. Into The Public Bath
09. The Harvest Floor
10. Regret & The Grave

Cattle Decapitation used to be a very mediocre band, yes I'm just being honest, "Humanure" and "To Serve Man" were the equivalent (in terms of functionality) of your scrotum while having sex, yeah it's fun if you play with it for a while, but what you really want is a lethal dosage of intense penetration and gore?well, you get the idea.

Along comes Death Metal with its groovy riffs and catchy structures, all of a sudden Cattle Decapitation became a very decent act in 2006, but now, with this new album, they are one of the most interesting bands in the scene. I kid you not young padawan; "The Harvest Floor" is the actual intercourse in our primary sex scene, I can't get enough of it, and it gets better with each spin.

Now, many people used to love this band for their sloppy style of Goregrind, too bad for them because the sloppiness is long gone, fortunately for the rest of us they are now a solid and intricate ensemble. And while I don't approve to use the bitch from Swans to add layers and melody (I mean let's face it, we're expecting non-stop growls and gurgles, not a girl singing skillfully) it works with the new formula, it ends up sounding quite fascinating?cheesy for a Death Metal album?but interesting none the less.

So anyway, I highly recommend this piece, it's actually the first album I've heard from 2009 and I'm already smiling. Finally Cattle Decapitation managed to sound heavier and more complex than Animals Killing People, the vocals, the anti-human lyrics, the pro-animal propaganda, the gore?add some naked chicks in there and it could be the perfect album for my taste, but you can't always get what you want right?

Written by Herzebeth | 19.02.2009

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 36   Visited by: 357 users
15.03.2012 - 19:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Iskander on 15.03.2012 at 16:59
comment

Do you realise you just quoted something I wrote THREE years ago? Needless to say I don't care about the subject anymore, they could be writing about killer clowns for all I care now.

I'll sum up my point of view with one of my favorite tshirts:
Meat is Murder
Tasty, tasty murder

Because I have the balls to say that I love meat and that I'm aware of what it does imply. Some people who half agree with you aren't hypocrites, you are wrong with that. This subject is clarly not black&white.
Many meatlovers are fully aware of the conditions some animals suffer before they die which is horrible and I think most meatlovers would agree that the animals deserve a better condition of living before dying.

That's pretty much it tbh, I would like the animals to have a good life before their death (which is why I try to get stuff like, let's say eggs from chickens that aren't in a cage) and I don't think that's hypocrisy.... It's very easy to toss that word around without knowing what it implies.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.03.2012 - 20:18
Rating: 8
Iskander

Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.03.2012 at 19:29

Written by Iskander on 15.03.2012 at 16:59
comment

Do you realise you just quoted something I wrote THREE years ago? Needless to say I don't care about the subject anymore, they could be writing about killer clowns for all I care now.

I'll sum up my point of view with one of my favorite tshirts:
Meat is Murder
Tasty, tasty murder

Because I have the balls to say that I love meat and that I'm aware of what it does imply. Some people who half agree with you aren't hypocrites, you are wrong with that. This subject is clarly not black&white.
Many meatlovers are fully aware of the conditions some animals suffer before they die which is horrible and I think most meatlovers would agree that the animals deserve a better condition of living before dying.

That's pretty much it tbh, I would like the animals to have a good life before their death (which is why I try to get stuff like, let's say eggs from chickens that aren't in a cage) and I don't think that's hypocrisy.... It's very easy to toss that word around.

haha, i didn't realise it actually... i'm pretty new on metalstorm and i like to check out what people have to say about albums i like when i'm bored. sorry for that "message from the past".

you're right, many meatlovers who "half agree" with me aren't hypocrites (my girlfriend eats meat and she half agrees with me and obviously i don't have a problem with her). maybe "half agreeing" was the wrong choice of words (i guess "agreeing" implies actually having thought about the issue at hand)...

i was referring to those people (usually girls) who will tell you they don't eat that much meat either and that it's so cool that i have the willpower to not succumb to the temptation of the allmighty meat and that their favourite movie used to be bambi and that their cat sometimes seems so human... most of this stuff is either meaningless or simply not true, that's why i talked about hypocrisy. i understand why they do it, they just want to be nice and i appreciate it. but if you hear the same phrases over and over again, just because you ordered the falafel and not the shawarma... it's just annoying (possibly even more annoying than the vegetarian friends you mentioned... allthough some vegetarians can be pretty annoying, there's no doubt about it).

whatever, i wouldn't want to stretch this offtopicness... like i said, i've discussed all of this too many times. on top of that, you're only reading this because i was too dumb to check the date of your initial post and i don't like to waste people's time.
15.03.2012 - 20:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Iskander on 15.03.2012 at 20:18
whatever, i wouldn't want to stretch this offtopicness... like i said, i've discussed all of this too many times. on top of that, you're only reading this because i was too dumb to check the date of your initial post and i don't like to waste people's time.

Oh yeah I understand your point better now... I would hate those kind of people too and I'm not even vegetarian hahahahah. I also dislike people who eat meat and enjoy but say they have a serious problem about eating organs because they say it's disgusting..... What the fuck?

Anyway, enough offtopicness and don't worry about the old quote, it happens to everyone. Enjoy the website.
----
Rod, let me love you.
15.03.2012 - 20:28
Rating: 8
Iskander

Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.03.2012 at 20:23

Anyway, enough offtopicness and don't worry about the old quote, it happens to everyone. Enjoy the website.

Thanks!
15.03.2012 - 20:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Iskander on 15.03.2012 at 20:28
Thanks!

De nada
----
Rod, let me love you.
11.04.2012 - 15:33
Rating: 10
Big-Al

I'm a pescetarian and I support Cattle Decapitation.
----

I drink moosepiss

Hits total: 10530 | This month: 15