Metal Storm logo
Primordial - Re-Issue CD And Bonus DVD Details

Metal Blade Records press release

Metal Blade and Primordial have decided to upgrade the upcoming re-issue of "Imrama" [Primordial's debut album] a bit, so now there won't be a bonus CD, but a bonus DVD included. The DVD comes from the fathomless pits of singer A.A. Nemtheanga's cave and is pure gold for any Primordial lunatic since it includes a live recording from 1994 in Cork City, Ireland. The DVD also features an audio commentary by A.A. Nemtheanga talking about the early days of the band and the gig in particular.

Recorded in late 1994, "Imrama" was originally released by Cacophonous Records in the autumn of 1995, already displaying Primordial's sense for overwhelming melodies, epic drama and total commitment, wrapped in a raw sound with a much stronger black metal influence than the band shows nowadays. The re-issue comes as a CD/DVD package including the remastered album plus unreleased demos and live recordings, packaged in a precious black linen slipcase with glossy golden hot foil print, containing a six-page Digipak with the original artwork, the two discs and a 16-page booklet with new liner notes and additional photos. Mandatory for any self-respecting heathen!

"Imrama" CD [cover art]:

01. Fuil Arsa
02. Infernal Summer
03. Here I am King
04. The Darkest Flame
05. The Fires...
06. Mealltach
07. Let The Sun Set On Life Forever
08. To the Ends of the Earth
09. Beneath a Bronze Sky
10. Awaiting the Dawn

+ bonus tracks from the '93 demo "Dark Romanticism"
11. To Enter Pagan
12. The Darkest Flame
13. Among The Lazarae
14. To The Ends Of The Earth

Bonus DVD "Live In Cork City Feb 1994":

01. Among The Lazarae
02. Let The Sun Set On Life Forever
03. To Enter Pagan
04. The Darkest Flame
05. The Fires

The "Imrama" re-issue will be out on the 13th/16th of March in Europe.

Source: metalblade.de
Band profile: Primordial
Posted: 20.02.2009 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 87 users
20.02.2009 - 17:05
MELANCOHOLIC

Got the original release on 2000 and i really liked it lots. I can't say it is their best effort but since then i became a Primordial fan, plus i find "Beneath A Bronze Sky" as a awesome song. Very good album, great band.
21.02.2009 - 00:29
Symmachus

I love Primordial. It is possible that I could get this album, but not immediately.
21.02.2009 - 05:01
VPeter

One of the few good albums Primordial made.
21.02.2009 - 11:43
guill62

Great! This might interest me and this is the album from them that i have not.

Hits total: 3279 | This month: 2