Metal Storm logo
Sig:Ar:Tyr

23.02.2009 - 01:55
Galar
Wicked Mung
If you have not heard Sig:Ar:Tyr before, you must go out and buy both full lengths. Beyond The North Winds(the newest) album is simply amazing, and reminds me of a Falkenbach/Bathory breed. So, what do you all think of Sig:Ar:Tyr? I think he is Canada's finest.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
25.02.2009 - 22:48
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by Blood Red Moon on 25.02.2009 at 22:46

I believe my girlfriend is really into his stuff, heard her talk of him before I think. But I haven't listen to it, i'll have to borrow it from her or something. (if she has the albums)

You won't regret it man. Their latest is breathtaking and extremely atmospheric. A couple songs on it give me goosebumps everytime I hear them. I think Beyond The North Winds is one of those songs.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
26.02.2009 - 13:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band I listened it 2 - 3 years ago and it was awsome thet time, now same but IMO its good level underground band what never be known how other bands who play same style
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.02.2009 - 14:24
Sandarameth
Account deleted
I've only listned to their latest album Beyond The North Winds...an i liked them..very melodic and they are very extraordinary band..giiii)
26.02.2009 - 23:34
ForeverDarkWoods

I used to like this stuff before. Really atmospheric stuff if I recall correctly. Haven't listened to it in a while though. I really don't know why. Perhaps I should give Beyond The North Winds another spin.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
01.03.2009 - 21:18
worm_is_gloaming

I'm glad to find a topic here devoted to Sig:Ar:Tyr. I'm surprised to what extent this band has escaped attention from prominent metal mags, who purport to be the ones scouring out the great talent out there.

Anybody into Bathory's epic phase, this band is meant for you. Very, very cold and Northern-sounding, not "cold" as in "grim" but cold as in the great vast expanses of ocean-swept Nordic cliffs, very atmospheric, crushing, and evocative.
23.03.2019 - 12:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
SIG:AR:TYR
20 March at 17:47 ·
Sorry for the lack of updates recently! Have not had much news to share but I've been keeping busy forging on with new music. Progress continues with a new album, although it always seems to go much slower than I imagined it would. I often wonder how I got through 4 full length albums before, but somehow it all comes together in the end!

Ideas come and go, some things stay, and some things warp into something else entirely. Themes and moods change over time and the original inspiration for a song becomes something else entirely. The most difficult part is trying not to overreact to current situations, and to gaze deep into the far past and into the distant future to create something that you hope has a timeless message.

Some time ago I wrote here questioning if I would continue with the SIG:AR:TYR name. I have some new thoughts on this as I recently got into the works of Jordan Peterson, the famous Canadian psychologist making waves all over the world. Peterson has this uncanny ability to distill the most profound traditionalist thoughts on history, mythology, psychology, and religion into useful terms and examples that everyone can understand and make use of in their lives.

I discovered that Peterson's thoughts on how we interact with Chaos and Order in our lives to be very similar to why I used the name SIG:AR:TYR in the first place. I envisioned these three runes to best describe the interaction between Chaos, Balance, and Order, and the struggle of a soul born into an ordered universe, with chaotic forces constantly pulling us away from our path. This tension and struggle caused by chaos is critical for us to evolve, but it is also dangerously entropic and can tear us apart. The trick is trying to keep a foot in both worlds and balance them.

For me, it felt like the creative struggles I had was a result of straying from my original path. An unsettling conclusion, especially when you have lost some important guides in your life as I did over the last few years. Beyond diluting what I've already done before? a name or style change would lead me away from my original intention. Coming to that realization helped me understand why I was in stasis and conflicted with what I was creating and why.

The last few months I have been making better progress with a stronger sense of direction and the feeling I am back on the right path. Still a long way to go, but at least I feel like I'm finding my way again "to walk forward to the beginning".

DS
Spring Equinox 2019
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing