Sabotage6
Vol 43
Cant Choose3
Technical Ecstacy0
Never Say Die0

Total votes: 99

The original post

Posted by IronBlackZepp on 24.02.2009 at 07:53
Black Sabbath and Paranoid were both released in 1970, they are often thought of as the first heavy metal albums. They are still two of Sabbaths darkest releases to date. Master of Reality was released just a year later, and is oftin sited as the bands heaviest album.

In 1972 the band decided to make a stile change with vol 4. The album was very experimental, As was their next release in 1975 which was Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, these two efforts were not as dark as the first 3. While the first 3 had songs like Black Sabbath, NIB, War Pigs, and Children or the Grave, which included themes of war and satin, the next two would feature more songs about drugs and being high. Not completely, but it was definently a theme in vol 4 and SBS, with songs like snowblind and killinig yourself to live, it was done before with hand of doom but in a darker fashion.

Sabotage is one of sabbaths more underrated efforts, it was a very solid album with songs like hole in the sky and symtom of the universe. The last two albums with Ozzy, Technical Ecstacy and Never Say Die are oftin considred to be the two weakest efforts of the Ozzy Osbourne era of Black Sabbath, but their are still people out their who like these albums.

So pick the album that is your favorite of these.

Page 2 of 2

BoxCar Willy
John Doe

26.01.2010 at 18:11
I'm surprised that nobody voted for Never say die... i know it's not the best but it is alright... i guess...
----
Pop punk crusader
Aebsi

21.03.2010 at 02:54
My favorite is Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, I grew up with those songs (even though I wasn't born until ten years later) along with Metallica being constantly played, so that album is more personal for me
----
Just be Yourself
Jodde

13.04.2010 at 22:08
The albums I like best from Black Sabbath i Master of Reality, with Sabotage as a good nr. 2.
Gordon Freeman

04.06.2010 at 21:46
Master of Reality is my personal favorite, mostly because of Children of the Grave.

Also, I like the fact that there is a little more speed on this one than on previous albums.

Sabotage and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath are close behind.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
king_matt

22.05.2011 at 02:37
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love all these albums. But I gotta go with the classic Paranoid. Every track on it is phenominal. It was a really difficult decision, though.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
tuthitamlut

23.05.2011 at 14:08
1. Sabotage
2. Master of Reality
3. Vol. 4
4. Paranoid
5. Black Sabbath
6. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
7. Never Say Die
8. Technical Ecstasy
Void Eater
Crunkcore Fan

26.05.2011 at 05:25
^Nice avatar, Satan is awesome.

Anyways... Tough choice. Master of Reality is heavy as hell, Volume 4 has some killer heavy tunes and some nice experimental tunes, Paranoid is a classic of course, and Sabotage has Megalomania, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath has it's first two songs which are among my favorites from the Ozzy era... Would be a decision between Master of Reality and Sabotage. I think Sabotage would win. Megalomania is my favorite Sabbath song, Symptom of the Universe is one of the first thrash songs, Hole in the Sky and Thrill of it All just rock, the Writ is a solid song, and the remaining tunes are solid themselves.
----
listmor

22.07.2011 at 14:20
Written by BoxCar Willy on 26.01.2010 at 18:11

I'm surprised that nobody voted for Never say die... i know it's not the best but it is alright... i guess...

I agree wholeheartedly. I went for Black Sabbath but I can listen to Never Say Die all day. But all the ozzy albums are superb. That is Superb with a Capital S.
blacktooth85

23.07.2011 at 00:38
This is a tough one. I find myself having a different favorite every so often. Right now I've been listening to "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" alot. I love Sabbra Cadabra, along with Killing Yourself to Live... Overall "Black Sabbath" and "Master of Reality" have always been my personal favorites. I love "Paranoid" too. That album is the most overplayed though. Electric Funeral and Hand of Doom are killer.... Vol. 4 has probably my favorite Iommi riff, Supernaut. The 1st 6 Sabbath albums are all classics.
SlaytanicGonzo

16.08.2011 at 05:37
The best Riff album of all time, Master Of Reality
Jirpo

16.08.2011 at 16:09
Paranoid is my favourite.
HoleInTheSky1985

23.08.2011 at 16:07
Written by Aebsi on 21.03.2010 at 02:54

My favorite is Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, I grew up with those songs (even though I wasn't born until ten years later) along with Metallica being constantly played, so that album is more personal for me

Same for me, My Dad was a huge Sabbath Fan and used to bust this out on Vinyl for me when I was younger, good times:)
Deefer46

23.08.2011 at 20:47
They're all fuckin' great.
Dentura
Shadow King

12.01.2014 at 00:03
Sabbath bloody Sabbath for me. It has a great variety to it and has some of their most diverse and inventive songwriting to date.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
Azarath

15.01.2014 at 19:38
Master of Reality is my favourite Sabbath album. Half an hour of great songs.

Odd to see Vol. 4 that low.
LLTNF
Account deleted
  16.01.2014 at 15:02
This is a tough one but I went with Master Of Reality. In some ways it feels like their "darkest" album to me and I just love the record's overall flow, mood and songwriting though, without question, the first six albums with Ozzy are all masterful.
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman

16.01.2014 at 23:16
Written by Guest on 16.01.2014 at 15:02

This is a tough one but I went with Master Of Reality. In some ways it feels like their "darkest" album to me and I just love the record's overall flow, mood and songwriting though, without question, the first six albums with Ozzy are all masterful.

That was exactly my thinking as well! We are of like mind.
----
Tonight, tonight, is it just a rhapsody, or am I right? Tonight, tonight, is it all a mystery? I just can't fight no more...
Infernal Eternal

26.01.2014 at 13:37
Master of reality has always been one of my favorite albums of all time.
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.