Sabotage
Vol 4
Cant Choose
Technical Ecstacy
Never Say Die

Total votes: 124
24.02.2009 - 07:53
IronBlackZepp
Black Sabbath and Paranoid were both released in 1970, they are often thought of as the first heavy metal albums. They are still two of Sabbaths darkest releases to date. Master of Reality was released just a year later, and is oftin sited as the bands heaviest album.

In 1972 the band decided to make a stile change with vol 4. The album was very experimental, As was their next release in 1975 which was Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, these two efforts were not as dark as the first 3. While the first 3 had songs like Black Sabbath, NIB, War Pigs, and Children or the Grave, which included themes of war and satin, the next two would feature more songs about drugs and being high. Not completely, but it was definently a theme in vol 4 and SBS, with songs like snowblind and killinig yourself to live, it was done before with hand of doom but in a darker fashion.

Sabotage is one of sabbaths more underrated efforts, it was a very solid album with songs like hole in the sky and symtom of the universe. The last two albums with Ozzy, Technical Ecstacy and Never Say Die are oftin considred to be the two weakest efforts of the Ozzy Osbourne era of Black Sabbath, but their are still people out their who like these albums.

So pick the album that is your favorite of these.
24.02.2009 - 19:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by IronBlackZepp on 24.02.2009 at 07:53

Make your choice based on which album you think is the strongest overall.

Please put a little more effort into the opinion post. Give a little more info about the albums you selected, like when were they released, were they of any importance, best songs off the album etc.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.02.2009 - 19:24
Elio
Red Nightmare
I haven't heard all of them, but out of those I know, I like best Paranoid, since all the songs are killer tracks. Maybe Black Sabbath was more important though, the first metal album somewhat.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
24.02.2009 - 19:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
It wont be fair if I vote cant choose, because I like all albums whit Ozzy , but somehow firts 2 are more closser for me, I like those more, and BS vs Paraoid, I choose BS, because its more blussy, doomy how Paramoid and isnt more for me even i love Paranoid to, it same but somehow 51% BS and 49% paranoid , so I vote BS
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.02.2009 - 19:30
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Impossible to choose - I like them all...I'll go with Vol.4, I don't think it will get many votes anyway.
24.02.2009 - 20:52
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Ouch, please break the initial paragraph up a little bit...

if left to pick my favorite of the first handful of Sabbath albums, the two that leap out at me are "Master of Reality" and "Paranoid"... and i'd lean towards "Paranoid" based on the top to bottom strength of that album. Just so many great songs and not a weak one in the lot.

"War Pigs", "Hand of Doom", "Iron Man" are among my absolute favorite Sabbath songs (the rest are sprinkled across the other albums... ("N.I.B.", "Children of the Grave", "Supernaut")
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.02.2009 - 21:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 24.02.2009 at 20:52

"War Pigs", "Hand of Doom", "Iron Man" are among my absolute favorite Sabbath songs (the rest are sprinkled across the other albums... ("N.I.B.", "Children of the Grave", "Supernaut")

Thats whay I love so much firts 2 albums , all songs are so awsome, leither ehh iv BS can play in ''Top Of The Pops'' ehhh
----

apos;'
[image]
24.02.2009 - 21:06
TheBigRossowski
This is one of those questions....one of those things that really disrupt your life cycle. I voted for Sabotage hands down, but the rest are great as well! The only Ozzy albums I don't like TOO much are Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die.

The overall sound on Master of Reality is classic, so I'd have to put that as my second favorite. Sabotage just has the greatest songs though, Hole in the Sky, The Writ, Symptoms of the Universe, Thrill of It All, Megolamania! Classic!

I should have responded to THIS as my 500th post! Damn...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
24.02.2009 - 21:07
JohnDoe
Account deleted
This poll is gonna be pretty predictable, having an obvious winner in Paranoid, BS' best known album. I'm curious how many votes the other albums will get though.
24.02.2009 - 21:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.02.2009 at 21:07

This poll is gonna be pretty predictable, having an obvious winner in Paranoid, BS' best known album. I'm curious how many votes the other albums will get though.

They win because those are well know, I have heard all albums only Dehuminazer not, so but I like firts 2(whit Ozzy better)
----

apos;'
[image]
24.02.2009 - 21:52
TheBigRossowski
Written by Guest on 24.02.2009 at 21:07

I find it's a bit cliche to pick Paranoid KNOWING that it's one of the best. Why not pick a second favorite to throw in some variables here! Either way, Sabotage actually IS my favorite Sabbath album.

Master of Reality has pretty good chances as well.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
25.02.2009 - 23:27
Dominus
The Shooter
Paranoid
26.02.2009 - 02:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Easily their debut - it's probably in my top three albums of all time. But, I recently found out that one of my favorite songs on it is a cover, so that kinda pissed me off, but I got over it.
26.02.2009 - 06:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
My favorite is Paranoid...just a great collection of killer songs from beginning to end...those riffs are all so killer...
07.03.2009 - 13:36
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I would go for Black Sabbath the darkest album ever
07.03.2009 - 22:05
Saitenhexerin
For me it is Black Sabbath, because it has such an incomparable atmosphere and it is so great to listen. The start with the rain and then the slow guitar sets in...it always makes me chill! And on this album there is not a single song I do not like! This is one of these album you have to listen to in a whole!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
12.06.2009 - 22:46
Thrash666
Of course everyone would say Paranoid. Can't go wrong with that because it really made the path for metal. But i STRONGLY feel that Master of Reality is their best work. Pure classic from start to finish and doesn't get enough credit for how fuckin metal it is. Come on, After Forever, Sweet Leaf, Into the Void, EMBRYO.........CHILDREN OF THE GRAVE!!!!!!!! need i say more?!?!?!?!

Most underrated Black Sabbath album................ Sabotage or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
12.06.2009 - 22:48
Thrash666
Written by TheBigRossowski on 24.02.2009 at 21:06

This is one of those questions....one of those things that really disrupt your life cycle. I voted for Sabotage hands down, but the rest are great as well! The only Ozzy albums I don't like TOO much are Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die.

The overall sound on Master of Reality is classic, so I'd have to put that as my second favorite. Sabotage just has the greatest songs though, Hole in the Sky, The Writ, Symptoms of the Universe, Thrill of It All, Megolamania! Classic!

I should have responded to THIS as my 500th post! Damn...

Sabotage is fuckin brilliant!!!!!! So underrated and every song is amazing.
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
12.06.2009 - 23:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I've listened to so few of these i'm almost embarrassed

i'll vote when i'll have listened to all of the albums with Ozzy, though i suspect Master of Reality will still get my vote. outrageous amounts of weed + Tony Iommi = heavy as FUCK riffs, and the rest of the band is just as good. the production is also so raw at times i can almost hear the sound of Ozzy filling his lung with hash, and the only picture i get from some songs(especially from Into the Void and Sweet Leaf which are incredibly groovy DOOM METAL tracks) is a dirty, dimly lit studio ante-chamber room with 4 stoner guys lounging on some sofas relaxing and puffing from their joints without a care in the fucking world. in other words, heaven on earth
15.06.2009 - 07:05
HugeTheConqeror
I am a huge fan of the early Sabbath material, but I gotta go with Master of Reality as my all-time favorite. Great sound, great riffs, and still pretty dark. "Children Of The Grave" has one of the earliest examples of galloping riffage in Metal, and it is a killer tune.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is probably my favorite tune from this era, but the songs on that album top-to-bottom are not as strong as Master Of Reality in my opinion. The forst album would probably be my close runner up in this poll.
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
15.06.2009 - 09:10
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Paranoid, wtih the same titled coming second...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
18.06.2009 - 15:25
ANGEL REAPER
Paranoid..........
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
18.06.2009 - 16:10
Demonmayonnaise
Ive always liked the debut, its so hard to choose from the ozzy era sabbath, all the albums are pretty strong except for technical ectasy and never say die.
16.11.2009 - 23:23
IronBlackZepp
I made this poll a while back, but now I finally voted. Took me long enough. I voted for Parinoid. Probably because of its influence. I really love all of the first 6 albums, but Parinoid is the most influential.
17.11.2009 - 01:44
Warlock84
Symptom Of The Universe, Children Of The Grave, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
17.11.2009 - 01:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warlock84 on 17.11.2009 at 01:44

Symptom Of The Universe, Children Of The Grave,

Those are not albums
----

apos;'
[image]
17.11.2009 - 02:09
Warlock84
Written by Bad English on 17.11.2009 at 01:52

Those are not albums

Hehehehe... you're right. I'm at work trying like Hell not to fall asleep. For some reason I thought it was songs. Oops.:noidea:

Now that I'm on the same page, it would be their Self Titled debut and Paranoid.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
17.11.2009 - 02:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warlock84 on 17.11.2009 at 02:09

Written by Bad English on 17.11.2009 at 01:52

Those are not albums

Hehehehe... you're right. I'm at work trying like Hell not to fall asleep. For some reason I thought it was songs. Oops.:noidea:

Now that I'm on the same page, it would be their Self Titled debut and Paranoid.

It hepens man and I agree first n paranoid wa sbets albums, closest to doomy and blusy sound, I like thouse moust, leither lost such blusy sound
----

apos;'
[image]
17.11.2009 - 03:32
jollygreen
Black Sabbath by far but it was really hard to pick just one especially when they're classics you grew up on. Very good poll!!!
26.01.2010 - 18:08
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Dangerboner on 26.02.2009 at 02:54

Easily their debut - it's probably in my top three albums of all time. But, I recently found out that one of my favorite songs on it is a cover, so that kinda pissed me off, but I got over it.

yeah when i realized baby please don't go by AC/DC was a cover boy was i pissed but it happens..
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS