Metal Storm logo
Guns...?

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 11.07.2006 - 00:01
The following thing happened here, in Romania the other weeks, and it evolved into a big thing. A family returned from a holiday, and cuz it was very hot outside, on their way home, they stopped at a lake. The head of the family grew up near that place. They got in the lake, to have a swim. A young man came, and started to shout, saying, the lake is private proprety. Then he left, and called his father. The guy came with a shotgun, and started to shout at the swimming family, firing his gun. The swimers freaked out, and got out of the water, heading for their car. They got in, but the armed guy aproached to the car, and from 2 feet, he shot the guy in the head. He was 29 years old, had children and died on 09.07.

My question is this: do we need guns? Shure, we must protect our teritory, but by killing someone? (and not from self defence) . I know that in the US the 2nd amendment sais, that 'A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.'. But the world changed a lot since 1791...

Poll

Do we need guns?

No
Yes

Total votes: 269
27.04.2013 - 05:32
Stoned Crow

Quote:
Quote:

The string of quotes before gives context for someone just coming into the discussion, so they don't have to search for earlier comments to get the context.

I feel enlightened, because I have always found it tedious to scroll up the page, that damn scrolling thingy on my mouses is so hard to use.
----
I'm very serious about not being serious.
29.04.2013 - 04:51
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
I like how whenever there is a shooting the guns get blamed, but if a bomb goes off or someone gets stabbed or run over, its the persons fault.
But I like guns, they're fun to shoot, I like hunting, target shooting all that stuff. But I do not think that the "taking away" or "banning" of guns is the correct answer. Look at the city of Chicago, it has the tightest gun laws in all of America and it also has the highest murder rate in America. I see a connection there. Here in the state of Utah where I live, gun laws are loose. The perfect loose I think. 18 to buy rifles, shotguns and ammunition. 21 to buy handguns, ammo and a concealed carry permit. Background checks with ever purchase. Now gun shows are a different thing though. Because you can bring any gun to the show and sell it, without a background check, just like selling a gun at your house. Now while I agree and don't agree with this at the same time, it would be extremely hard to regulate. Me and my father are both members of the NRA and fully support the right to bear arms, if it be owning an M-16 with a 100 round drum mag for or just a 12 gauge pump action Winchester shotgun.
29.04.2013 - 18:41
Rasputin

Written by Guest on 29.04.2013 at 04:51

I like how whenever there is a shooting the guns get blamed, but if a bomb goes off or someone gets stabbed or run over, its the persons fault.
But I like guns, they're fun to shoot, I like hunting, target shooting all that stuff. But I do not think that the "taking away" or "banning" of guns is the correct answer. Look at the city of Chicago, it has the tightest gun laws in all of America and it also has the highest murder rate in America. I see a connection there. Here in the state of Utah where I live, gun laws are loose. The perfect loose I think. 18 to buy rifles, shotguns and ammunition. 21 to buy handguns, ammo and a concealed carry permit. Background checks with ever purchase. Now gun shows are a different thing though. Because you can bring any gun to the show and sell it, without a background check, just like selling a gun at your house. Now while I agree and don't agree with this at the same time, it would be extremely hard to regulate. Me and my father are both members of the NRA and fully support the right to bear arms, if it be owning an M-16 with a 100 round drum mag for or just a 12 gauge pump action Winchester shotgun.

That's why I suspect that after that Boston thing, they will go after black powder.