08. Blind Light
09. Fight Might Be Right
10. Revolting Waste - Fuck The Hoax
11. Cyclone
12. Ionized Fluid Being
13. Mind Drillers
14. Enforce The Clones (Kill The Copy)
15. Deletion / A Cyclic End

I can't think of any introduction for this review right here, so I'll go straight to the point ok? Ingrowing is one of those bands blending extreme genres like Death Metal, Grindcore and Thrash Metal amongst others. If I remember correctly they used to play a crazy kind of Goregrind in the old days, but fortunately, musical evolution wrapped them in this, their fourth full-length, album.

To be honest with you the first couple of tracks didn't do much for me, those songs made me say "oh?more goregrinding blast-beats all right" but that was it. Then the third track shut me the fuck up my friends; it is actually the extension of the second one but "New Flesh To Cultivate" enters with the most interesting riff I've heard in months to finally crush your head with numbing vocalizations and mixed genres all over the place. Now that I think of it, these guys were fucking smart if you know what I mean; they create a flat mood in the first tunes ok? You are then simply looking at the booklet and paying attention to that weird gooey substance in your floor when a storm of convoluted riffs and forceful moves knock the shit out of you without a previous warning; that's brilliant in my books indeed.

This band has creativity to spare; the whole album flows in varied chromes keeping you interested to the very end. Even the layout is worth checking out, you'll find a really creative way to present the band members believe me; they were also smart enough to add the lyrics in the booklet, which by the way are quite bizarre, complex and almost philosophical.

Ingrowing are not the most intricate band around, they don't even have multi-faceted structures or pompous solos in their music; but I'm sure they never wanted to be those things anyway, they create aggressive music for aggressive maniacs while blending different genres, adding passages and a lot of unmarked elements; and that's actually what I like the most about them. The only thing I didn't like was the blast-beat pattern which is already overused in the scene but well?there's nothing I can do.

Best Tracks: "New Flesh To Cultivate", "Ground Subzero", "Deletion/A Cyclic End"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 11.07.2006

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 7 users
11.07.2006 - 12:40
Black_Handed
A village idiot
nice review. but at drums you should have Zbyňa instead of Zbyña. actually ñ isnt even in czech alphabet ).
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
11.07.2006 - 13:10
lordz
IzZo
I heared a couple of songs for Ingrowing and they were pretty good
looking forward to hear this one
11.07.2006 - 17:34
Herzebeth

yeah I'm sure people will dig this album allright...the music is totally worthwhile and I can picture us extreme metal-heads headbanging to this awesome beat that Ingrowing has in every single song of theirs.

@Black_Handed: I think you know why I didn't add the other symbol...ñ was my best choice actually, because I really wouldn't like my review to have that command appearing on your post hehe
----
11.07.2006 - 20:01
Black_Handed
A village idiot
gah....lol didnt noticed how it posted...well ok then. ivan should convert the site to utf8.
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur

Hits total: 4217 | This month: 6