Release date: May 2006

01. Did My Time [live at the CBGB, NY '03]
02. Blind [live at the CBGB, NY '03]
03. Falling Away From Me [live at the CBGB, NY '03]
04. Right Now [live at the CBGB, NY '03]
05. Got The Life [live at the CBGB, NY '03]
06. Here To Stay [live at the CBGB, NY '03]
07. Freak On A Leash [live at the CBGB, NY '03]
08. Another Brick In The Wall (Parts I-III) [Pink Floyd cover] [live in St. Louis]
09. One [Metallica cover]
10. My Gift To You [live at Woodstock '99]
11. A.D.I.D.A.S. [live at Woodstock '99]
12. Earache My Eye [Cheech And Chong cover]
13. Proud

Not Worth Your Money

Don't get this album. It's that simple. Don't get it especially if you are a Korn fan. Live And Rare is a textbook example of a label trying to milk the audience of a well established band for every last penny. In this case, Sony released a compilation of songs that satisfy neither of the two categories mentioned in the title.

The live songs over here are all recorded in a weird, seemingly semi-professional way and really don't do justice to Korn's powerful live performance. I've heard better sounding bootlegs than this. This compilation isn't even listed on Korn's official website so something tells me the band had little to do with these recordings. Basically, save for one chilling moment, these live tracks are not worth hearing. The chilling moment in question is when in "Blind" the audience sings What if I should die?. This is a great live moment but it still does not justify getting this album.

The 'rare' songs on this compilation are in fact not rarities at all. They all appeared on previous Korn albums as either hidden tracks ("One", "Earache My Eye") or as as part of compilations ("Another Brick In The Wall", "Proud"). Where, oh where, Sony, are the real rarities? I want to hear a remastered "Jingle Balls" and get my hands on some of those "Good God" or "Shoots And Ladders" remixes. I really don't need a compilation of songs I already have, I can make one on my own!

All in all, avoid releases like this like the plague. Obviously a lot of the songs here are great but what is the point? This album gets a 1/10 for being a completely useless waste of money and not for the quality of the songs.

Written on 08.05.2006 by With Metal Storm since 2002, jupitreas has been subjecting the masses to his reviews for quite a while now. He lives in Warsaw, Poland, where he does his best to avoid prosecution for being so cool.

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 156 users
09.03.2009 - 20:00
MetalManic

Thanks for this review. Although I am not a Korn fan (never have been) we need people like you to point out the garbage. Keep it up man, I've taken your style (no # scales) as inspiration for my own reviews on my site.
18.09.2019 - 10:41
Ralle

1/10 ooooo men, this is not LULU !

Hits total: 5468 | This month: 12