Metal Storm logo
New Releases (2009)

Original post

Posted by Deadmeat, 11.03.2009 - 08:47
I was always thinking that something's missing from the General forum, but for months I couldn't find that. So, here you can discuss everything about this years releases. Saying which album is the best or the worst or even which album you found just average. You can suggest good debut albums from unknown bands or resent with a new album which you expexted to be much better!

For me, I liked a lot the new Kreator's album, Hordes Of Chaos, which I think that will be one of the best thrash releases in 2009. I also listened a bit the new Cattle Decapitation's album which is great to, but I've not listened to it enough to have a fair opinion.
08.06.2009 - 14:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 07.06.2009 at 22:27

The new Candlemass album is pretty sweet, so is the Heaven and Hell album from what i've heard so far(also Atom and Evil and The Turn of the Screw are great traditional doom tracks)

Gotta correct my previious post Atom and Evil is some decent trad doom but The Turn Of The Screw only starts off that way and has some slight doom influences.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.06.2009 - 15:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Ava Inferi was one of the best things I've discovered in the last few days. Really amazing music and vocals and that pretty amazing since I'm not a big fan of female vocals.
Blasphemer did a great job here.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.06.2009 - 15:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.06.2009 at 15:02

Ava Inferi was one of the best things I've discovered in the last few days. Really amazing music and vocals and that pretty amazing since I'm not a big fan of female vocals.

Did he? I haven't heard it, but maybe I should check it... I'm really curious to what Blasphemer is doing nowadays, but the "Gothic" tag that Ava Inferi has scares me.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.06.2009 - 15:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Lucas on 08.06.2009 at 15:04

Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.06.2009 at 15:02

Did he? I haven't heard it, but maybe I should check it... I'm really curious to what Blasphemer is doing nowadays, but the "Gothic" tag that Ava Inferi has scares me.

I understand what you mean and I'm pretty sure you wont like it. But I think this is better than the average gothic music nowdays and that's good enough for me. The female vocals... mmm.. Imo the beat the shit out of a lot of girls that are way more famous. But at the same time isn't like "O SHIT AMAZING!" if you know what I mean.

"Pulse Of The earth" is a good song from their myspace. but isn't from the new album. "Tempestade" is a song from the new album and it has those really warm vocals that I liked.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.06.2009 - 10:12
Symbelmyne
Account deleted
I am waiting deffenetly for Ot3p, Katatonia, Riverside, Rammstein, Swallow The Sun and Porcupine Tree the most. This means my year will be good. ^^
13.06.2009 - 23:51
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Lemme see so far i liked the new
Minsk,Coalesce,Kylesa,Giant squid, Agoraphobic nosebleed, Maudlin of the well,Irepress, Hacride,Obscura and Long distance calling.

As for the decent but not so great ones i thought gorod's new effort was disappointing, so was Gnostic's debut, i enjoyed the demo more actually.New Gory blister wasnt that great either.

Lets hope the releases slated for the rest of the year dont disappoint.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
14.06.2009 - 18:54
terrorist

So far i like Kreator - Hordes of Chaos.I am waiting for the new album of Megadeth and Immortal.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
14.06.2009 - 19:10
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
From what i've listened completely to till now:

Amazing: Hordes Of Chaos (Kreator), Cosmogenesis (Obscura)

Very good: Resurrection Macabre (Pestilence), Carnage Euphoria (Vomitory)..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.06.2009 - 15:34
Abattoir

Well for know I'll say that the albums, that quite impressed me would be Cybion from Kalisia and Death Magic Doom from Candlemass.
Also Hordes Of Chaos from Kreator and Crogacht from Suidakra sound quite good too.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the new Be'lakor album, which will be released shortly in a few days and also to new Immortal product.
15.06.2009 - 15:36
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Abattoir on 15.06.2009 at 15:34

Well for know I'll say that the albums, that quite impressed me would be Cybion from Kalisia and Death Magic Doom from Candlemass.
Also Hordes Of Chaos from Kreator and Crogacht from Suidakra sound quite good too.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the new Be'lakor album, which will be released shortly in a few days and also to new Immortal product.

yeah immortal and belakor are 2 possible top-notch new albums!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!