Metal Storm logo
Varg Vikernes - Soon To Be Released

In a recent interview with the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet Varg Vikernes confirmed that he's soon to be released from prison. Here's what he said (roughly translated from Norwegian):

"I can confirm that I'm soon to be released" he told the paper.

The 36 year old will move to a small farm in Telemark, where his wife and 1,5 year old son has been living for the last couple of years.

"I barely haven't seen my son since he was born. Even though I hear his voice almost every day on the telephone it's really hard not to be present when he's growing up. I miss my family and I look forward to the day where I can work on the farm, make music, write books and be with my wife and child 24 hours a day - and live a normal family life."

To the question about him being ready for society, he responded:
"I'm ready for society - and I have been for many years. I've learned from my mistakes and I've become older. Now I just want to be with together with my family. My mind has never been imprisoned."

Source: dagbladet.no
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 11.03.2009 by GT

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 93   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 549 users
11.03.2009 - 17:05
I hope he will continue Burzum... It sure would be great to see The Great Beast ressurected...
11.03.2009 - 17:11
Ragana
Rawrcat
Aww, how cute.
Oh, I hope he'll continue with Burzum, and even more... he may get an inspiration from his son. I've heard young boys are pretty naughty at this age.
11.03.2009 - 17:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What he would do firts burn a church or try have sex whit his wife

He miss life well better think about concevences before do something
I hate real madrid so much but it dont means I will go and burn team bus or kill players

Damn its be funny see him do something stupid
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.03.2009 - 17:34
cez123
Account deleted
The question is not if he is ready for society . is society ready for him ?
11.03.2009 - 17:44
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Bad English on 11.03.2009 at 17:33

What he would do firts burn a church or try have sex whit his wife

I hate real madrid so much but it dont means I will go and burn team bus or kill players

Damn its be funny see him do something stupid

ahaha awesome question!
I really hope this time this bastard keeps himself far from killings.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
11.03.2009 - 17:44
ms68
Hahaha. how bad english is funny. he made me spewing forth monitor. i don't know why the fuck he is laughing. type bullshit and enjoy yourself.
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
11.03.2009 - 17:46
iaberis
Advice Troll
Don't release the fucker! Keep him imprisoned for ever!
----
Bitch! Please
11.03.2009 - 17:52
Darkmember
Written by iaberis on 11.03.2009 at 17:46

Don't release the fucker! Keep him imprisoned for ever!

i agree
----
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
11.03.2009 - 17:53
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Bad English on 11.03.2009 at 17:33

Apart from you obviously trying to provoke people, I think he did think of the consequences before killing Euronymous. If his story is true and Euronymous really tried to get Varg killed, I'd have to say that I can understand his decision to take the first step. But that is provided that this is really the truth and one had to believe that Euronymous would really carry out such an intention.
----
11.03.2009 - 17:58
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
WAR!!! WAR!!!
11.03.2009 - 18:11
Ernis
狼獾
Let's hope he's grown-up now and will lead a modest and decent life without committing any bad things....this is more important than making music or stuff....he will have to prove he's ready to life normally...for his family....let's hope he regrets all the bad that has been...
11.03.2009 - 18:15
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I love Varg.
----
Brujerizmo!
11.03.2009 - 18:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
About provoking well I dont provoke people I say what I think and make it looks lil funny to but after what he did he shood not be realised at all
If he would be in USA he would het lethal injection
----

apos;'
[image]
11.03.2009 - 18:52
kaylamacgavin
Finally! I've been waiting so long for this news. He didn't deserve to spend this long in prison.
11.03.2009 - 19:08
|pyro|
The antichrist is free again
11.03.2009 - 19:11
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I love the Norwegian "justice" system. it's bad enough that a "life sentence" is a measly 21 years to begin with, then granting parole to a guy who just a few years ago attempted to flee the country with enough military hardware to start his own militia is plain stupid.

i thought parole was reserved for good behavior...

BE is partially correct, depending upon what State he lived in, he'd either have life in prison (actual life, not 15 years) or would have been put down by now depending on whatever form of capital punishment that particular state opts for.

i honestly believe Varg getting out of prison is going to be a big disappointment to you Vargophiles. he's middle aged, and despite his radical past behavior, my guess is he's going to be horribly boring now.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.03.2009 - 19:25
Talvi
So much anal rape made him change his mind lol
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
11.03.2009 - 19:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 11.03.2009 at 19:11

I love the Norwegian "justice" system. it's bad enough that a "life sentence" is a measly 21 years to begin with, then granting parole to a guy who just a few years ago attempted to flee the country with enough military hardware to start his own militia is plain stupid.

BE is partially correct, depending upon what State he lived in, he'd either have life in prison (actual life, not 15 years) or would have been put down by now depending on whatever form of capital punishment that particular state opts for.

i honestly believe Varg getting out of prison is going to be a big disappointment to you Vargophiles. he's middle aged, and despite his radical past behavior, my guess is he's going to be horribly boring now.

Not shore but Sweden has 10 years sentence for murder I know fiew Hells Ange;s who's murdered somebody get 10 years and one angel beaut up guy get one year

Scandianian justice is to tolorant and belive me if Varg get 10 years in Russian or Indian whatever jauil he would pleasew for death penalty

I think he be disapointed because after such long time away, he can commit suicide or od something for going beck, many prissoners cant life nornal life anymore they can do it in jail.

and those who so much are happy about him and cream or are ready die are emos' because how many girls screamed when saw Britney Spears its same ,

I m my master I dont vorrship idols
----

apos;'
[image]
11.03.2009 - 19:35
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin

And what exactly is wrong about a life sentence of 21 years? If you put every murderer away for life you'd give em no chance to redeem themselves and prove that they have changed. And no country in the world has the right to sentence a human being to death. No matter what he did. It's like the famous Gandalf quote from lotr. I've you can't give life back to the dead, don't be so quick about taking it away from the living. Anyone deserves a second chance and there have been people who did worse things than Varg released from prison and got theirs. A good justice system is one that allows people to change and takes that change into account. Not one that judges on moral absolutes and never looks back. That's against all that is human.
----
11.03.2009 - 19:37
FarBeyondDriven
Account deleted
He might be middle aged...but he's still Varg Vikernes the mighty Norse warrior.

He did what he di for self defence...I just hope he will continue Burzum
11.03.2009 - 19:39
tulkas
el parcero
I really like his statement. like he says he's grown and learned form his mistakes, and imo t's really cool that he wants to be a familiy guy and he his son.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
11.03.2009 - 19:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by tulkas on 11.03.2009 at 19:39

I really like his statement. like he says he's grown and learned form his mistakes, and imo t's really cool that he wants to be a familiy guy and he his son.

well he wants be family guy but he needs work for survive to, it means play metal, steal or work, but other hand if he wnats be family guy he wont contunius whit Burzum.
----

apos;'
[image]
11.03.2009 - 20:02
Nexus
Asshat
Written by corrupt on 11.03.2009 at 19:35

And what exactly is wrong about a life sentence of 21 years? If you put every murderer away for life you'd give em no chance to redeem themselves and prove that they have changed. And no country in the world has the right to sentence a human being to death. No matter what he did. It's like the famous Gandalf quote from lotr. I've you can't give life back to the dead, don't be so quick about taking it away from the living. Anyone deserves a second chance and there have been people who did worse things than Varg released from prison and got theirs. A good justice system is one that allows people to change and takes that change into account. Not one that judges on moral absolutes and never looks back. That's against all that is human.

Right ... and then you look at some people who had murdered previously, had gained parole, only to murder again and again. Some people went on murdering sprees for years, got jailed at the very ends of their lives, only to die of natural causes in prison. That's fair, right? I think that's pretty ridiculous. Not saying that's going to be the case with Varg, as quite honestly I could not care less about him, but some people just don't deserve second chances.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
11.03.2009 - 20:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin

i merely think of capital punishment as a post-75th trimester abortion.

in all seriousness, his term was 21 years - actually 22 and change with the 13 months they tacked on for the whole "stolen passport, automatic weapon, fake passpost, GPS, and stolen Volvo thing - he showed zero remorse, and therefore at the least should have served his entire sentence, with his chance at "redemption" coming after his sentence was up.

had he been a good little boy in prison, i could possibly see an early release.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.03.2009 - 20:07
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
As I've said afain and again Europe will Burn!
11.03.2009 - 20:16
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
----
(space for rent)
11.03.2009 - 20:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmm anybody can expalin me why he cut hair?
I didnt know in Norway jail they cut prissiner hair
why he did it?

@Bitter Cold - Does in USA jails they cut hair to prisoners?
----

apos;'
[image]
11.03.2009 - 20:51
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Bad English on 11.03.2009 at 19:43

Written by tulkas on 11.03.2009 at 19:39

well he wants be family guy but he needs work for survive to, it means play metal, steal or work, but other hand if he wnats be family guy he wont contunius whit Burzum.

i don't think too that he'll continue with burzum. maybe he'll stick to famring like he says, which imo is better. and i don't know why he cut his hair maybe jail, maybe not. but he should let it grow again
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
11.03.2009 - 20:56
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Nexus on 11.03.2009 at 20:02

Right ... and then you look at some people who had murdered previously, had gained parole, only to murder again and again. Some people went on murdering sprees for years, got jailed at the very ends of their lives, only to die of natural causes in prison. That's fair, right? I think that's pretty ridiculous. Not saying that's going to be the case with Varg, as quite honestly I could not care less about him, but some people just don't deserve second chances.

I don't say that the system is perfect. But judging every single murderer by a previous experience of people having murdered again after gaining parole is a horrible assumption. I also don't care for Varg much, but people argueing for death sentence or lifetime imprisonment make me sick. Think of all the people that were innocently executed by the US legal system. I think they'd have to say a few words to those people as well. That's why it is most important to second guess everything that's been said about a person.
----
11.03.2009 - 21:04
matos
I don't understand how you people can say "i hope he continues with Burzum". Like BitterCold said, he's going to be just another middle aged family guy (:lol:) now. And even if he will continue with burzum it's gonna suck! It's 1x1, no one can honestly expect he's gonna just get outta prison grab the guitar and make something like Aske 2. He hasen't done anything for Burzum for 10 years now and all he thinks about is his family (what is normal). Just give it a rest, Burzum is dead.
----

Hits total: 8876 | This month: 18