Metal Storm logo
Susperia - Vocalist Suffers Heart Attack

As posted on the band's website, vocalist Pål "Athera" Mathisen was rushed into Akershus Universitetssykehus Hospital in Lørenskog, Norway on the morning of March 9th suffering from acute stomach pains and heavy bleeding. Initial tests revealed that he had suffered a heart attack caused by a damaged blood vessel. Athera is currently in the intensive care unit under close observation, while further tests are carried out. He is expected to remain hospitalised for the foreseeable future.

At this moment future plans including touring commitments remain unchanged, until a full diagnosis of his condition has been confirmed. Everyone involved with the band wishes Athera a fast and speedy recovery.

The band's manager also added some of the Norwegian gigs in the near future will probably have to be cancelled.

(thanks Sigyn)

Source: susperia.net
Band profile: Susperia
Posted: 11.03.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 138 users
11.03.2009 - 19:36
skerfy

Wholey shit! Get better soon Athera!
----
"What do you think you're doing it's broad bloody daylight, you've got no consideration for cyclists! Pardon....it's broad bloody daylight, you've got no consideration for cyclists! Alriiiight!"
11.03.2009 - 19:47
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Terrible news, but good in the sense that it seems he's stable now. Best wishes for the future!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
11.03.2009 - 20:53
Galar
Wicked Mung
TERRIBLE. Best of wishes brethren.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
11.03.2009 - 21:36
GT
Coffee!!
I read that in the Norwegian newspaper that posted the news about Varg. Terrible for the man, he wasn't even that old
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
11.03.2009 - 22:38
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hardfuckingcore. sucks to have a heart attack that young.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.03.2009 - 23:53
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Really sad news, more particularly for a guy with a such age. Best wishes for a good recovery.
11.03.2009 - 23:54
tulkas
el parcero
Daaamn! heart attacks suck!! it can seriously happen to anyone at any moment. it sucks, poor dude, specially being so young
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
12.03.2009 - 01:47
-Morbid-

Sad news, I hope he makes a full recovery.
12.03.2009 - 02:38
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
WHOA! did not expect this. I hope he gets better. Heart Attacks can really fuck your life up
----
Coldgrits
12.03.2009 - 07:31
Ithyphallic

Athera wish you the best health dude Susperia 666
12.03.2009 - 10:09
Marfere

Really sad news. Get better soon Athera!
13.03.2009 - 03:54
Symmachus

Get well soon, Athera. I bet it sucks to have a heart attack like that. Make a full recovery soon.
13.03.2009 - 13:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Get well soon
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 3087 | This month: 7