Metal Storm logo
Epica vs Haggard

Original post

Posted by Bash', 11.07.2006 - 21:29
Well

i knew the brilliant band Epica from about a year, i like their stuff the max, but newly i've tried Haggard's stuff to find that i was missing a really big band.

both have their superb symphonics, really want to know who are better in your opinions, both have killer songs that you cannot stop listening when you start to

THE COMPARING IS BETWEEN SYMPHONICS & MELODIES THEMSELVES NOT THE BANDS (hope ppl you can understand)

NOTE : I know ppl won't take this topic easily .. everybody want us to compare between Epica vs. After Forever or Haggard vs. Therion ... we don't have to copy last battles from the old forum and paste them here, this is just a new idea of comparing those two bands symphonics not more..
if the idea still unwelcomed to you friends then you don't have to write something here.....

Poll

Who are doing the better symphonic songs & melodies?

Haggard
Epica

Total votes: 94
14.11.2006 - 23:08
Bitch Boy

Written by Guest on 11.11.2006 at 19:35
ONLY KEYBOARDS, havent u heard the phantom agony, if u post at least know something about the bands.

What I meant is that Epica doesn't have line-up members playing violins, flutes, cellos, and other instruments as Haggard does...
04.05.2008 - 14:07
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Haggard is so much better in my opinion i like them so much and waitin for their new shit.
24.08.2008 - 16:49
Datoxxl
Account deleted
Definitely HAGGARD!
23.09.2008 - 10:14
Ernis
狼獾
I voted for Epica and not because Simone is hot...
I simply find the melodies and the overall song structures more interesting...the melodies, especially the choir parts are very well built up and heavy stress is placed on the music in order to make it "big"....Epica is music for marches, gatherings of huge masses of people...it is meant to strike one down...
Haggard is different, their music is also orchestral but more "chamber" style...they don't create large scale dimensions in their music but instead create an atmosphere of a smaller more intimate classical concert in a smaller space...Both are good but while Haggard's music is made to make you relax and enjoy the atmosphere, Epica's work is made to lift the emotions high....

A comparison....Haggard's music suits a church hall, a small baroque chamber or a garden where one can sit and contemplate...
Epica's music suits huge squares, stadiums, large forest parks, large large spaces with lots of people.....
23.09.2008 - 10:47
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I don't know Haggard very well, but from what I've heard from their Myspace, they have really good enchanted melodies
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
26.10.2008 - 21:39
nakrulcan
Account deleted
It is ridiculous to compare haggard with epica. there are a lot of bands that are using chorus and keyboard effects to add symphonic elements to their songs like epica. but please look at haggard's compositions, they're absolutely different. they have the real symphonic atmosphere, and vocal combinations are flawless. epica uses the vocals and chorus that is also being used by a lot of symphonic metal bands and can easily imitated. i think the same for the compositions as well. haggard is unique in every point of view. my vote goes to haggard.

i've been looking for an alternative to haggard for years(it is boring to wait new haggard albums), and i listened to hundreds of symphonic metal groups(at least they call themselves symphonic) but still i don't know any groups that make haggard-like compositions. if anyone knows, i would like to learn.
08.01.2009 - 13:13
SilenceOfMystery
Account deleted
Come on, Epica is much better.
i don't understand how do you like Haggard.
02.02.2009 - 01:59
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Written by Guest on 08.01.2009 at 13:13

Come on, Epica is much better.

+1

Haggard isn't bad either, but Epica wins this one.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
05.03.2009 - 17:55
bayern

Written by Guest on 26.10.2008 at 21:39

It is ridiculous to compare haggard with epica. there are a lot of bands that are using chorus and keyboard effects to add symphonic elements to their songs like epica. but please look at haggard's compositions, they're absolutely different. they have the real symphonic atmosphere, and vocal combinations are flawless. epica uses the vocals and chorus that is also being used by a lot of symphonic metal bands and can easily imitated. i think the same for the compositions as well. haggard is unique in every point of view. my vote goes to haggard.

i've been looking for an alternative to haggard for years(it is boring to wait new haggard albums), and i listened to hundreds of symphonic metal groups(at least they call themselves symphonic) but still i don't know any groups that make haggard-like compositions. if anyone knows, i would like to learn.

I fully agree with Nakrulcan, he read my mind. Nothing can be compared with Haggard they are unique,all the others symphonic bands dont have the composition of Haggard, neither Therion.I've been searching too for other bands like Haggard but I'm sure they dont exist, so long live Haggard.
09.05.2009 - 20:55
Land Of Doom

I think Epica The Best
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
09.05.2009 - 21:00
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I voted for Haggard, I love this band
07.07.2011 - 02:05