Metal Storm logo
Paradise Lost - New Drummer Announced

Paradise Lost have confirmed that Adrian Erlandsson (Cradle Of Filth, The Haunted, At The Gates, Nifelheim, Code) will be their new full-time drummer.

Guitarist Greg Mackintosh comments: "Adrian has been a friend and acquaintance for some time. After calling me to see if the drumming position was still vacant, we quickly arranged for an audition right before entering the studio to record our new album. We knew immediately that he was the man for the job. Playing the songs with him felt very natural. He is the same age as us and from a similar musical background. Unfortunately it was too short notice to play on the new album but everything we do from now on will have Adrian involved. We look forward to rehearsing with him when we leave the studio and to doing our first show with him in Norway on April 10th (Inferno Festival)."

Adrian Erlandsson adds: "Paradise Lost has been one of my favourite bands since I first heard them in 1990. When my fellow Brujeria member Jeff Walker told me that PL were looking for a drummer I got in contact with Greg straight away. After a few chats and emails I was on my way to the audition. I had learnt 10 songs out of their last setlist, but after playing only 4 songs vocalist Nick Holmes said "The job is yours if you want it". Great success!! I look forward to growing even older with the lads and rocking hard with them live!"

Paradise Lost are currently recording the highly anticipated follow-up to 2007's "In Requiem" in Örebro, Sweden with producer Jens Bogren (Katatonia, Amon Amarth).

Source: paradiselost.co.uk
Band profile: Paradise Lost
Posted: 16.03.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 129 users
16.03.2009 - 22:24
Mr.Wilson

Didn't see that coming.. ...great news..
----
"..Damned in any Language..."
16.03.2009 - 22:25
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Unexpected, but good news ndeed.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.03.2009 - 22:31
Paraffin

They will come to Turkey and i will see how new drummer plays..
16.03.2009 - 22:31
arcikbtw@gmail.com
arcikbtw@gmail.com
atleast work at the new album will run, with full line up
cant w8
16.03.2009 - 22:49
Modulator

Great drummer for great band!
17.03.2009 - 00:22
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh, this seems like a good choice. Let's see how much time he'll be a member of the band.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
17.03.2009 - 04:21
Symmachus

Come to think of it, he wasn't the most obvious choice, since Adrian Erlandsson from Sweden and Paradise Lost is from the UK. But he seems to be an excellent choice for the band. I couldn't help but smile when I first heard this news.
17.03.2009 - 06:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
The drum whore has a new band. Thryce knows what im talking about haha
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.03.2009 - 08:52
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Yeah this is a nice drummer, but to be honest are PL going to play black or thrash??? at least they'll have great fill-ins etc!!! good news!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
17.03.2009 - 21:04
Motte
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.03.2009 at 16:06

Incoming: no black nor thrash. Combining spirit: early '90 death.

Agree. Lot of bands have gotten to their roots recently. The new PL album will very likely be something pre-One Secondish.
20.03.2009 - 11:00
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by LeChron James on 17.03.2009 at 06:45

The drum whore has a new band. Thryce knows what im talking about haha

You, sir, are truly one of a kind, and the the entire drum whore community is blessed to have you.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
23.03.2009 - 06:41
Opethian

Not my drummer pick, but w/e hope that it turns out good for him and LP. Cant wait for their new album !

Hits total: 3329 | This month: 7