Metal Storm logo
Queensrÿche - New Video And Listening Party Online

The video for "If I Were King," the first single from Queensrÿche's highly anticipated new album "American Soldier", has received a worldwide debut on Monday, March 23 at Noon ET on Military.com, home of the largest military and veteran membership organization. The military community site, 10 million members strong, will also feature a podcast interview with lead singer Geoff Tate as well as an op-ed column that he wrote exclusively for the site.

The video can be viewed here.

The video for "If I Were King" was directed by J. Andrew Colletti and Jonathan Williams and addresses the same themes of loss and healing that are the focus of the track. The song was written based on an interview Tate conducted with Sean Lenahan, a veteran of U.S. conflicts in Somalia and Kosovo.

In the meantime, also a listening party which is the entire last half of the record has been made available online. The tracklist (actual last 6 tracks on album) is as follows:

07. Middle Of Hell
08. If I Were King
09. Man Down!
10. Remember Me
11. Home Again
12. The Voice

The songs are available for streaming in the following formats:

| Quicktime | Windows Media Audio | RealPlayer |

"American Soldier" will be available from Atco/Rhino on March 31. All info about the album and US tour dates here.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Queensrÿche
Event: Queensrÿche: American Soldier Tour
Posted: 24.03.2009 by pazuzuovbabel

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 20 users
24.03.2009 - 14:58
DayFly
Now this sounds really promising. I'll be sure to check the album out.
24.03.2009 - 23:48
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Listening party? More like lemon party...
25.03.2009 - 01:35
Magatouve
Account deleted
Is the link for the video the right one
I don't think so!

Hits total: 3442 | This month: 4