Metal Storm logo
Best Gothenburg Album

Original post

Posted by ms68, 29.03.2009 - 18:09
These albums have been seIected from Top 100 Gothenburg metal albums of this website. Please only seIect your favorite album from options and write a short review about your favorite album and say why you think that is the best. I know there are bands like Kalmah, Amorphis and... But I wanted to choose albums without other influences. Don't ask why albums like Fiction, Whoracle and ... aren’t here. I only had 9 options and these albums have been seIected by their popularity and my taste.
I know there is another similar forum here but albums in this poll are different.

Poll

Select your favorite melodeath album.

In Flames - The Jester Race
Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery
Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side
At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
Dark Tranquillity - Character
In Flames - Colony
Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin
Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Do

Total votes: 140
04.07.2011 - 20:48
fiyaskoyum
The jester race!!!!!
04.07.2011 - 21:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
It would be interesting to know why people pick certain albums, not just which ones they pick.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
04.07.2011 - 22:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 04.07.2011 at 21:52

I would be interesting to know why people pick certain albums, not just which ones they pick.

me to, but thats how 90% of members do pic and not explain, but according to rules its a spamm.... I always try explain why ... I wish all do it , maybe they know name, one song, never heard others + OTHER option is to strange since they dont know underground?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.07.2011 - 01:46
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
I haven't voted because I haven't heard most of these. But it seems like it will be with oden on our side. It's the best.
05.07.2011 - 03:12
Metal_4Ever
I voted Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin, IMHO they are the best choice here.
05.07.2011 - 09:29
Wyrd
You seem to be missing the Whoracle album from In Flames. I guess I'll go with the Jester Race
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
05.07.2011 - 20:09
Sean 79
Slaughter of the Soul. The album by which all the others should be judged.
06.07.2011 - 15:19
ferm
Written by Guest on 05.07.2011 at 01:46

I haven't voted because I haven't heard most of these. But it seems like it will be with oden on our side. It's the best.

You NEED to listen to The Jester Race by In Flames!! All the others are very good to, but that is so freakin special. It's a real Gothenburg album (I know, because I am from Gothenburg ;P).
06.07.2011 - 15:24
ferm
Also, I wanna state that Amon Amarth is not gothenburg.

1. They're not from, or even close to the town of Gothenburg.
2. If it's a real Gothenburg album, you should be able to see views from Gothenburg before you as you listen

But I don't wanna critizise or anything... just sayin' what I think
06.07.2011 - 15:28
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Written by ferm on 06.07.2011 at 15:19

Written by Guest on 05.07.2011 at 01:46

You NEED to listen to The Jester Race by In Flames!! All the others are very good to, but that is so freakin special. It's a real Gothenburg album (I know, because I am from Gothenburg ;P).

Actually, I heard The Jester Race. Good album with really annoying vocals. But it's far from the greatness of Amon Amarth. However, like you, I don't think they're Gothenburg. They have their very own style, especially those melodic tremolo picked parts. Thanks for the recommendation anyway, Count Dracula.
12.07.2011 - 12:41
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
I just HAD to pick The Gallery, it's an immortal classic. I adore Insomnium as well, they're new and a bit different, but the most monstrously good of the new bands
----
7.0 means the album is good
14.07.2011 - 03:16
Mattybu
I voted Slaughter of the Soul, with Jester Race following close behind. Two of the first melodic death metal albums I owned, but the thrash elements put Slaughter of the Soul ahead. Just love it.