Poll

Best Oriental Progressive Metal band?

Orphaned Land
Amaseffer

Total votes: 16
30.03.2009 - 16:00
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Amaseffer is a new band that sounds like a mix between Orphaned Land and Kamelot. Their debut, Slaves for Life, is a wonderful concept album with roots in symphonic power metal and progressive folk as well. The semitic tale of Mose and the Exodus is a recurrent theme in Israeli albums, and Orphaned Land is no exception. Mabool, which is a concept album about the division of the three great abrahamic religions, is an middle-eastern epic with influences from prog death and even hints of Moonspell-like gothic atmosphere. Both bands are amongst the most creative and intelligent folk metal bands of the world, and though they are still a young band, Amaseffer has all it needs to fight the great Orphaned Land.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
30.03.2009 - 18:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont like Amaseffer at all I vote for Orphaned Land even I like first 2 albums its more doom, never liked newer realises
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.03.2009 - 11:39
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
It's too early. Amaseffer released only one album, and they've been around for only a few year. This is useless. Orphaned Land will easily win.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
02.04.2009 - 02:30
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by K✞ulu on 31.03.2009 at 11:39

It's too early. Amaseffer released only one album, and they've been around for only a few year. This is useless. Orphaned Land will easily win.

Not everybody votes for the most "experimented" band, it's also about taste. I know bands who released only one album but who would easily got my vote against older bands. (hum, there seems to be a Easter virus on this site...)
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
11.05.2009 - 22:01
Land Of Doom

The Two Band are beautiful but for me i prefer orphaned land

Espicially Mabool Album
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
30.07.2009 - 11:40
Njord
njord
Well, the first vote for Amaseffer was mine and I explain why:

I was already familiar with Orphaned Land for some years but when I heard Amaseffer for the first time the surprise was so good and intense that made me search and rediscover bands like Myrath, Arkan and... Orphaned Land.

Orphaned Land is a historic mark in metal and they have my praise, but Amaseffer brought me something I was missing in the metal scene for a while: freshness and enthusiasm.
01.05.2011 - 14:15
JD
Account deleted
I didn't like Amaseffer that much only the songs with "Kobi Farhi" so I voted for Orphaned Land.