Metal Storm logo
Mantic Ritual

31.03.2009 - 00:20
Galar
Wicked Mung
Mantic Ritual are the reason why new good thrash metal exists!
I chilled with Ben Mottsman and Jeff potts, smoked a few joints with them.
They are so damn talented, and considering Executioner was their debut these guys are really going to be something.
http://www.myspace.com/manticritual
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
31.03.2009 - 02:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Galar on 31.03.2009 at 00:20

Mantic Ritual are the reason why new good thrash metal exists!

Evile
Warbringer
Toxic Holocaust
Cavalera Conspiracy
Municipal Waste
Bonded By Blood
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder
Fueled By Fire
Enforcer

...Yeah I definitely wouldn't give Mantic Ritual the credit of being the reason real new thrash is being made. Those are just a few newer bands playing decent thrash.

That being said, pretty decent band, met them a few months back, pretty cool guys.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
31.03.2009 - 08:54
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I agree with Dr. Rock in that there are plenty of Neo Thrash bands reviving the old school style but indeed this is still a great find. If am quite certain that if a lot of the material being released today by these new bands were released in the 1980s they'd be hailed as old favorites. That's a good thing. Anyways, I've only heard myspace tracks but if that is a fair representation of their debut then they sound great. Good find, thanks!
----
The force will be with you, always.
31.03.2009 - 10:13
Damnated
Churchburner
solid album i guess, but new bands with this style are so uninteresting imo that they should stick to cover songs or something. also, i just don't see why should i listen to this, when there are albums in this genre, released some 20 years ago that still sound excellent today. just because this is new?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
31.03.2009 - 20:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
One of best new thrsh bands what I hear realy in nowdays sorry old legendary bands who realise albums nowdays, theys hine in old glory new albuks sucks, but those new bands like thease are awesome, realy they keep old schoola live

Dr Rock you forgot Suicide Angels and red thrashers Crucifier
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.04.2009 - 04:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Bad English on 31.03.2009 at 20:09

Hence why I said "just to name a few..."

Written by Damnated on 31.03.2009 at 10:13

solid album i guess, but new bands with this style are so uninteresting imo that they should stick to cover songs or something. also, i just don't see why should i listen to this, when there are albums in this genre, released some 20 years ago that still sound excellent today. just because this is new?

Yeah I'll agree. I did thoroughly enjoy it, though you are quite right. I still listen to it simply because it has different songs (played back to back with lets say...Kill 'Em All, it almost makes it seem like 1 continuous album with more songs). Definitely not something to listen to if your looking for any fresh ideas.

Personally this whole old-school thrash revival almost seems like a lame apology from our generation, as enjoyable as some albums are.
----
- George Carlin
01.04.2009 - 04:58
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by Doc G. on 01.04.2009 at 04:30

Written by Bad English on 31.03.2009 at 20:09

Hence why I said "just to name a few..."

Written by Damnated on 31.03.2009 at 10:13

Personally this whole old-school thrash revival almost seems like a lame apology from our generation, as enjoyable as some albums are.

Lame apology? These guys are just playing what they know. Even though it might be 20 years late, it's not their fault they werent around in the 80's man.
----
01.04.2009 - 05:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Galar on 01.04.2009 at 04:58

Lame apology? These guys are just playing what they know. Even though it might be 20 years late, it's not their fault they werent around in the 80's man.

Maybe apology isn't the right word, but the logic behind stagnation of music is hard to explain. But I'll stop saying these things considering I do find the band quite enjoyable either way...
----
- George Carlin
01.04.2009 - 06:21
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Doc G. on 01.04.2009 at 05:01

Written by Galar on 01.04.2009 at 04:58

Maybe apology isn't the right word, but the logic behind stagnation of music is hard to explain. But I'll stop saying these things considering I do find the band quite enjoyable either way...

I'm glad that you enjoy it, but if we are going to complain about originality then we might as well kill off the majority of metal out there. They're playing a certain style of music. I don't think that Thrash Metal is exactly a cash grab either. I'd much rather these guys play in the old school vein and tour so I can see some live Thrash like this than have then put out shit. While the old formula isn't groundbreaking, it's still very enjoyable. But regardless, it's like any other genre, people will like it or not.
----
The force will be with you, always.
01.04.2009 - 13:16
nargoth

I really like their new album it brings out somo good memories from past times
----
i´ve come from the fire´s of hell just to burn in the flames of mankind
01.04.2009 - 13:36
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I listened to Executioner just now, and I think it's just stock Thrash... nothing really impressed me.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
09.04.2009 - 03:30
brandomaster90

I chilled with these guys and they are really good guys. Got their album Executioner and it has some really good old school songs. Reminds me of early Metallica in a way. I will support Mantic Ritual to the fullest until they disappointment and hopefully they will stay thrash and true.
----
Long live Metal
16.02.2010 - 04:56
Galar
Wicked Mung
MANTIC BUMP
----
26.02.2010 - 08:19
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
Awesome Band Got there debut Executioner cant wait to hear album # 2
28.02.2010 - 17:28
Lord_Regnier

Written by Clintagräm on 01.04.2009 at 06:21

I'm glad that you enjoy it, but if we are going to complain about originality then we might as well kill off the majority of metal out there.

Exactly. Lots of people complain about stagnation. They need to realize that it's almost impossible to be original nowadays because everything has been done already. We're not in the 80s, when so many new directions had yet to be found and experimented.
Sorry but those people who always need something new or original will have nothing to listen to soon if they can't accept that a good old formula that has passed the test of time can be as good or better than something original.

Anyway, lots of stuff people consider as original is pure suckage from my point of view, so I prefer the old ways.
Or perhaps I'm too old school or too much of a purist?

This is what I answered on an other board to a guy who said "biggest failure a band can make is to be neutral":

"Wrong. Biggest failure a band can make is to change for the worst or change only for the sake of change and become utterly directionless.
While not original or innovative, being kinda 'neutral' at least ensures a certain level of quality.
Changing for the sake of changing sucks and causes bands to take the downward spiral.

Many bands who were once great are pure suckage now because they thought like you."
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"