Metal Storm logo
Amoral

31.03.2009 - 13:00
Kasper
I searched the forum, and didn't find a thread for Amoral.

So here we go, a shiny new thread for Amoral.

A finnish death metal (with melodic touches too) band born in Finland around 1997. Currently waiting for their new album to arrive in May - with their new singer, Ari Koivunen, who have stirred a lot of speculation on how the new album will be. As most of us know, Ari, is the winner of 2007 Finnish Idol-competition. We can only hope for good stuff.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
31.03.2009 - 17:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
These guys sold out worse than Cryptopsy. Reptile Ride and Decrowning are pretty awesome, but the piece of shit they put out with their pop star idol dude is garbage. It's just pop music with guitar solos.

I'd say Decrowning is my favorite, even though the first half is way better than the second. Reptile Ride seems to grow on me with every listen, however.
31.03.2009 - 18:13
routa
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 31.03.2009 at 17:50

These guys sold out worse than Cryptopsy. Reptile Ride and Decrowning are pretty awesome, but the piece of shit they put out with their pop star idol dude is garbage. It's just pop music with guitar solos.

I'd say Decrowning is my favorite, even though the first half is way better than the second. Reptile Ride seems to grow on me with every listen, however.

Hahaha yeah, it was hilarious when they announced the new singer, the fan reaction was priceless.
31.03.2009 - 20:03
Kasper
I'm not that excited with their new singer either, but we can really only hope that he knows how to growl - though I really doubt it, seeing what he has done earlier. He just isn't the "growler"-type, a too gentle voice - eventhough they said he was capable. But I guess they saw this opportunity by hiring Ari, would make a lot more cash, as he got media attention, and people will buy it, just because of Ari.
Really don't hope he'll start singing clean, cause it sounds like a pig's tail twisted around a million times, and then pierced by a not very sharp spear.

About their previous releases, I think that Reptile Ride is my favourite at the moment, it's really growing on me. Decrowning is also pretty damn cool.
I remember watching the music video for Lacrimal Gland for the first time. Couldn't stop laughing at the car-scenes, ridiculous.
----
04.05.2009 - 04:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 31.03.2009 at 17:50

I'll agree. Reptile Ride is one thats been on my wishlist for a while now, then I went back to myspace after I heard they were releasing a new album, I'm listening to the new songs and I was convinced I forgot the name of the band I was thinking of, I was looking for the melodeath with awesome riffs...then this. Admittedly there was a riff or two I heard that was pretty neat, but My Chemical Romance also has a neat riff or two in their catalogue. This made me want to vomit:

I'm never one to claim what metal is supposed to be "about", but that is not metal. Aren't pop singers supposed to be good looking? The new lead singer looks like a fucking worm. Have fun touring with Kanye West, assholes.

EDIT: You know how most bands filter their comments when they release a piece of shit so it looks like they're getting purely positive feedback? Well I guess the back lash is so bad they're having a hard time deleting them all

EDIT #2: After further investigation, I realized something, they're trying to be Guns N Roses:

Decent musicians + Little Bitch Singer + GnR Wannabe-ism + pompous fashion model posing=
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.05.2009 - 04:38
Stigmatized
The first 2 albums blew me away, particularly "Decrowning". The album "Reptile Ride" was good, but not on par with the first 2. I haven't heard any of the newest material so I'm not going to make any "sold out" comments, but if it does turn out to be as bad as people say then that blows.
20.08.2009 - 19:36
Kasper
I listened to their new recently, and holy mother of god... Not very good, not very good. I can't believe they didn't find anyone better that Ari. He is simply not suited for metal. His wanna-be tough vocals, just don't deliver. The first minute seemed reasonable on their new album, but then Ari ruined the fucking thing, by his voice. It's simply awful. Their music is no-way near as intense as before. Guess I will look back at their older albums, and appreciate that they released them, and throw "Show Your Colors" away. They're pink.
----
28.08.2009 - 01:13
Well i have so many questions for this band :
1- you said it's a death metal band so have they used "Death Vocals" or "Black Shrieks" ? or just musically Death metal.
2- If they did then how can they perform live the old era songs with Ari ? (Ari Koivunen as I guess is not able to do such techniques and it's hard to learn them especially when you have a good clean vocals that you don't wanna ruin)