The Acoustic Verses
A Blessing in Disguise
The Quiet Offspring
Journey to the End of the Night

Total votes: 44
17.05.2006 - 10:54
Eight
Shapeshifter
What do you Green Carnation fans choose? What do you think is their best creation ?
I really haven't listened to "Journey to the End of the Night", in my opinion last three albums are the best ones, it is very hard to decide, tho i will stick whit "The Quiet Offspring", couple mounths ago would choose "A Blessing in Disguise". Let us hear your options and opinions
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
17.05.2006 - 15:26
Daibh
Account deleted
I love them all, undeniably. One of the finest discographies available from a band.

To choose one over the others is a tough descision, but I reckon I'll settle with "Blessing in Disguise" as it has my favorite track on it -Lullaby in Winter, I believe it's called. Though I'm terrible for remembering titles.

Unfortunatley, I have not had a chance to hear the "Acousting Verses" yet. Can you tell me: is that album acoustic versions of songs previously recorded for the other albums, or does it comprise of new material?

Thankyou.
17.05.2006 - 18:20
Nathan Lurker
I voted "The accoustic Verses". It is new songs if I am not mistaken. It's a great album, it flows well. I love Light of Day too, it's put it in second place, and then A Blessing in disguise with the excellent Myron and Cole
----

I came up from below when the she-wolf howled
and the night gave birth to her only child !Black Thunder!
I never knew no mercy I never knew no shame
I am hell in the storm clouds, the devil calls my name !Black Thunder!
17.05.2006 - 18:20
Eight
Shapeshifter
@Daibh "The Acoustic Verses" are absolutley indevidual album, it is new songs, and they are really touchy
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
17.05.2006 - 20:08
Parkas
Account deleted
My vote goes to The Acoustic Verses because it's the only one that I have
23.06.2006 - 15:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
The Acoustic Verses. I love it. It is probably my favorite non-metal album ever.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.07.2006 - 22:28
Odosha
Account deleted
Light of Day, Day of Darkness...as I told it before.
a masterpiece
14.07.2006 - 23:08
Damnated
Churchburner
Every of them is a very good album, but 'Light of Day, Day of Darkness' is my fav. It's just so well composed.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
15.07.2006 - 02:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
lets say ''Light of Day, Day of Darkness'' because its to long, great loong, in album are one song and title are great and I know only this album from them , so I vote for it.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.07.2006 - 02:21
Endoftherainbow
Light of Day, Day of Darkness such a long great song. It all flows together really well and even though it's an hour long it's able to keep my attention the entire time because new ideas are always comming in aswell as reoccurring themes throughout the entire song which is what makes it so great.
17.07.2006 - 16:26
Daru Jericho
Hm....good question. I chose The Acoustic Verses though as it's my current favourite of theirs. It's so calming and relaxing. Great music for chilling out.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

16.08.2006 - 17:18
Anathemani@c
I have only listened to A blessing.. nad it i sreally great. As soon as I listen to the other alboums I will post a new message!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
27.08.2006 - 17:20
Windshear
Account deleted
Light of Day, Day of Darkness! They made an hour long song that never get's boring or to away from itself. And it's a great song on top of that!
29.08.2006 - 05:47
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
I had never liked their older stuff, but find "The Acoustic Verse" pretty enjoyable.. I voted for it, it's a beautiful album, nice to listen to while studying...
28.12.2006 - 08:50
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Light of day and then acoustic verses i love this 2 albums the acoustic one has a very unique spirit
and what to say about LODDOD just sit down a listen an hour of good music
----
Stay Metal !!!
02.07.2007 - 19:36
baldur
Written by Lucas on 23.06.2006 at 15:06

The Acoustic Verses. I love it. It is probably my favorite non-metal album ever.

same here
08.07.2007 - 07:29
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
personally I dont know whats so special about "Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness" I did listen to it a few times, and one of them actually following the lyrics and to be honest I thought it was just a really long song, but I wasnt that impressed at all.

Acustic Verses are by far my favorite album by them, and its number 2 on my favorite acustic albums (12:5 by Pain of Salvation is number one of course =P) I thought it was very well composed both the lyrics and the music, and their performance was just flawless
----
09.07.2007 - 16:14
Damned-In-Black
Light of Day, Day of Darkness and The Acoustic Verses are both in my top-5 albums by ANY band.. Their other albums are all good too, but I can't separate those two. Voted for the former, anyway.
10.07.2007 - 13:37
duyhung
Account deleted
I vote for The Acoustic Verses, my favourite acoustic album such beautiful music
11.07.2007 - 00:52
Infurnace
The Acoustic Verses is a really great album, but I like Blessing In Disguise just a little bit more.
11.07.2007 - 15:48
Infurnace
I just listened to The Acoustic Verses some more, and what the hell was I thinking in my last post. My vote definitely will go to The Acoustic Verses. It is beautiful music, one of the best albums ever, even though it is acoustic.
11.07.2007 - 21:22
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
It is very close between acoustic verses and a blessing but I voted for a blessing because I think it reaches perfection. The peak of Green Carnation's career for me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
12.07.2007 - 00:47
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
The Quiet Offspring is my personal favorite. Last year my room mate and I would listen to it almost everyday when we were cleaning the place up. Maybe it is more personal memories, but it is still such a solid album.
----
(space for rent)
18.07.2007 - 16:34
Infurnace
"Burden Is Mine... Alone" is one of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard, in my entire life. It has such great emotion in it.
23.07.2007 - 09:34
rainmaker2
My Favourite is Blessing In Disguise. There are great songs such as Writings On The Wall and As Live Flows By
----
The Evil That Men Do Lives On And On...
02.08.2007 - 15:48
Skurut
Light of Day, Day of Darkness. Definitely. Then Journey to the End of the Night. These are on top of the best albums I've ever heard. The quality of their following releases wend rapidly down (well, my personal feeling). Blessing in Disguise is still good album with some great songs. I don't like The Quiet Offspring. I've really tried to get into it, but I still think, it's just an average album, nothing special. Acoustic Verses is nice, relaxing listening.
I'm desperately looking forward to their next release, which should be a sequel to Light of Day, Day of Darkness and I hope, they'll return to the incredible, complex and majestic tunes of that album.
02.08.2007 - 19:27
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Did they say in what style the next album would be?
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.08.2007 - 20:22
Skurut
Hi,
as far as I know nothing clear and certain. According to Tchort the album will be very dark and heavy.

See these old threads on the GC forum:

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?s=e0cc1d27ba7dbfd65aa282b19d23441c&t=72476

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?s=e0cc1d27ba7dbfd65aa282b19d23441c&t=161004
03.01.2008 - 23:14
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Does anyone happen to have the lyrics for Transparent Me?
06.01.2008 - 01:51
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 03.01.2008 at 23:14

Does anyone happen to have the lyrics for Transparent Me?

No, sorry, but actually, I think it wouldn't be too hard to tell from the music. It aren't growls, you know? (Haven't heard the song, so maybe they are, lol)
----