Metal Storm logo
Create a greatest metal songs album (read first)

Original post

Posted by ToMegaTherion, 09.04.2009 - 06:09
The idea is simple, I want metal fans to create/ design a greatest metal hits album. There are a number of rules you need to follow. Discuss reasons why a song is number 1 on the album, or why number 6 is number 6, ect. This is an album you would give to someone interested in metal but hasn't ever really heard much more metal than the slightly poppy bands and metalcore stuff that goes around.
Rules
1 - No more than 2 songs from one band
2 - 11 songs on the album
3 - Have a bit of fun with this.

Ok I'll start...

1 - Iron Maiden - Wildest Dreams (I love the sart of this song, "1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4..." Then straight into it."
2 - Painkiller - Judas Priest (This is one of the excellent follow up songs with a great beat and catchy rhythm)
3 - Equilibrium - Tristania (This is a great ballad, one of my favorites and it breaks off from that very heavy introduction.)
4 - The Obsesive Devotion - Epica (To introduce a more feminine sound to the album, and this is a great example of what Simone Simons can do)
5 - Blood Tears - Blind Guardian (This is one of my favorite BG songs, I love the lyrics and intense emotive sound in Hansi's vocals.)
6 - DNR - Testament (This is one of those brilliant metal riffs, you can't help but like this song)
7 - Master of Puppets - Metallica (This is one of those classics that you just can't leave out of a metal album)
8 - The Lake of Ghosts - My Dying Bride (This one of MDB's more unforgettable songs, the atmosphere and lyric combine to create one of the darkest song i have ever heard.)
9 - Adrenaline - The Gathering (I love this song, and i think it makes a good break as a more uplifting song.)
10 - Destroyer - Candlemass (Another song just to change it up again. A catchy song that describes metal to a T.)
11 - A Question of Heaven - Iced Earth (I love this as the last songs to finnish off, Its a great farewell song)
04.07.2009 - 20:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Damn... it's really hard for me tbh. Right now I wrote about the first and the last songs [those were easy choices] but even if I already have the ideas for the middle of the album... I can't decide where to put them. I will try my best XD
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.07.2009 - 00:22
chrisjoel

11 songs

1. Vondur - Hofdingi Satan (something diff and splendorous to incite morbid curiousity)
2. Vader - The Book (cuz i enjoy seeing him smashing his head into the walls)
3. Cradle of Filth - Bathory Airia (just because)
4. Agothadamian - Alone in the dark (cuz he will never get correct pronounciation of band name)
5. Project Hate - Cant Wait (cuz Mia Stahs voice is fuckn addictive)
6. The Rapture - Nameless-unforgettable
7. Saturnus - Rise of Nakkiel (live) - unforgettable
8. Empyrium - The Yearning - unforgettable
9. Draconian - Daylight Misery - unforgettable
10. Dark Traquility The Enemy - unforgettable
11. Tristania Tender Trip On Earth......he wont forget these songs.....

bonus track

12. Lacrimosa - Kelch der Liebe
06.07.2009 - 02:28
Hamird
Lieutenant
DISK 1:
1. Thorns - Existence (Can be a great intro for my album)
2. Aborym - A Dog-Eat-Dog World (I let the listener to listen my all time favorite song first)
3. Dodheimsgard - The Snuff Dreams Are Made Of (as the listener is amazed with the previous song, it's time to have another one)
4. Shining - Lat Oss Ta Allt Fran Varandra (to show him/her how a voice can be amazing)
5. Marduk - Accuser, Opposer (the best possible track to finish the first disk)

DISK 2:
1. Mayhem - Deconsecrate (to steal up the listener)
2. Burzum - Rundgang Um Die Transzendentale Saule Der Singularitat (listener can skip it; it's about 25 minutes and may be boring)
3. Mayhem - Illuminate Eliminate (to freeze the listener's brain with inhuman vocals)
4. Marduk - Cold Mouth Prayer (this one can melt the brain and prepare it for the next song)
5. Malfeitor - Rex Bestia Fera (then this one will burn his/her brain with amazing music)
6. Daemonarch - The 7eventh Daemonarch (this one make the listener never forget this album)
Hidden Track. ABBA - Chiquitita (for those who just want get more music)
06.07.2009 - 18:36
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
1. Damaar - Triumph Through Spears of Sacrilege: ÝÓÞ
(Let's start slow thus fully give the idea: (Arabic)Preachings, Koran, Torture, Screams, War...)
2. Ayat - Six Years of Dormant Hatred: Ilahiya Khinzir! (All Hail Allah the Swine)
(If you are not enlightened yet, this will clear it up, no?)
3. Behemoth - Zos Kia Cultus :No Sympathy For Fools
(Simply, one of the best songs of one of the best bands, Don't miss the lyrics)
4. Satyricon - Now, Diabolical: Now, Diabolical
(This answers the probable question poping up: What now?)
5. Deicide - Legion: Repend to Die
(It's Glen Benton's turn to speak! Little by Little get prepared for the next theme....)
6. Rotting Christ - Khronos 666: Fateless
(Some Melodic stuff....)
7. Immortal - At the Heart of Winter: Solarfall
(Gives your brain a break by its astonishing music....)
8. Dissection - The Somberlain: In the Cold Winds of Nowhere
(Time to start again....next theme)
9. Mayhem - Live In Leipzig: Freezing Moon
(Dead! 'nough?)
10. Thy Light - Suici.De.pression: In My Last Mourning...
(Want some depressive shit?)
11. KMFDM - Symbols: Stray Bullet
(Well, after a SDBM song it's time to be surprised by some Dance Metal. Take it easy, let's have some fun. besides it also sums up the album's whole concept)

.......How can i leave it without adding Metallica's Dyers Eve? So let it be added as a special [Bonus] track!
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
10.07.2009 - 02:28
chrisjoel

1. In Flames - Satellites And Astronauts- early great by In Fames
3. Sentenced - Blood and Tears- in my opinon thier best song with his best vocals.
4. Rotting Christ - If it ends tomorrow- great soothing rythm and guitar
5. Hollenthon - The calm before the storm- early song hard to forget
6. Hypocrisy - Elastic Inverted Visions- beautifull into and like so many Hyp songs hard to choose
7. Immortal - In My Kingdom Cold...The Mighty Immortal ...represents them very well
8 The Project Hate - Blessed Are We to Be Lied Upon-i remember this song on underground university metal radio station .the deep symphonic brutal sound was smerzmerizing....and TPH sound became my fav band..
9. Poisonblack - The Glow of the Flames- JP's vocals on escapexstasy are close 2 perfection
10. Soilwork - As We Speak - From Natural born chaos - their best album imo.
11. OldMansChild- Og Jeg Iaktok - Simply some of the best shit they did...from 99'
15.07.2009 - 04:51
soadbyob
Account deleted
1.Black Sabbath- Iron Man
2.Judas Priest- Painkiller
3.Iron Maiden- Number of the Beast
4.Metallica- One
5.Slayer- Raining Blood
6.Megadeth- Symphony of Destruction
7.Anthrax- Caught in a Mosh
8.Slipknot- Wait and Bleed
9.Korn- Coming Undone
10.Disturbed- Down With The Sickness
11.Dethklok- Thunderhorse
15.07.2009 - 04:52
soadbyob
Account deleted
4.Metallica- One
5.Slayer- Raining Blood
9.Korn- Coming Undone
15.07.2009 - 10:55
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Guest on 15.07.2009 at 04:52

4.Metallica- One
5.Slayer- Raining Blood
9.Korn- Coming Undone

Wow... Do you work for MTV?
15.07.2009 - 16:03
Peuranpuolikas

1. Iced Earth - Angels Holocaust (best opener ever)
2. Morbid Angel - God of Emptiness (this one is so wicked)
3. Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath (only option to follow GoE)
4. King Diamond - Arrival (got me in to King Diamond, will get others)
5. Pantera - Walk (so groovy)
6. Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God (best AA song for me)
7. Death - Scavenger of Human Sorrow (did I spell it right? Anyhow, this one is so cool, it needs no explanation)
8. Bolt Thrower - ...For Victory (BT is so awesome, but my fav song is When Cannons Fade, which can´t be on the list ´cause...)
9. Blind Guardian - And Then There Was Silence (... there is no better ending for record than ATTWS)

I tried to put all sorts of metal I like on this list. I know I left some very important bands out (Slayer, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest), but I did it on purpose.
----
Look, The old Bitch is back!
28.07.2009 - 22:57
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
My 11 greatest list

1.Opeth-Moor(great atmosphere,great musicianship,great progression)
2.Meshuggah-Sane(a skull crushing hyper technical song)
3.In Flames-Dead Eternity(masterpiece of melodeath)
4.Dark Tranquillity-The Gallery(best Dark Tranquillity song)
5.Metallica-Master Of Puppets(best metal song ever.....)
6.Sodom-Agent Orange(thrash at its best)
7.Burzum-Jesus Tod(my favorite black metal song)
8.Moonsorrow-Sankarihuata(the best folk metal song)
9.Dismember-Dreaming in Red(best swedish death metal, so brutal, so melodic)
10.Obituary-Cause Of Death(the limelight of death metal)
11.Bathory-A Fine Day To Die(this is the song of the gods during Ragnarok):bow:
05.08.2009 - 08:41
selken
Irreligious
Quote:

This is an album you would give to someone interested in metal but hasn't ever really heard much more metal than the slightly poppy bands and metalcore stuff that goes around

But, the title reads "Greatest metal songs album", that makes a conflict, I cannot run to this Mallcore kid and show him a song like Behemoth's Demigod, a song that is among my fav songs of all time, I'll scare him out of metal xD

Assuming that, I'm going to take the freedom to include two songs for which most of you wouldn't agree

Let's start by something catchy for the metalcore kid:

1. Sonic Syndicate - Denied http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0FGyhB6C8
Very light, USA Style - post 2005 "heavy music", lyrics with personal feelings, includes hardcore screaming that sounds like growls and clean vocals common from Alternative music.

2. In Flames - Bullet Ride http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrSkhiKPFyk
A little harder, still some clean vocals, includes some louder and harder screams, and a little of melody..

3. Disarmonia Mundi - Quicksand Symmetry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyGclLCDP9c
Going bit by bit, this one includes hardcore riffs, includes clean vocals, some screams and some true growls

4. Hypocrisy - Compulsive Psychosis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN0dTITXP4w
Some of the real metal, louder guitar, harder riffs, no clean vocals, no hardcore screams, and a haunting melody,
here, the mallcore kid decides if he wants to continue

5. Carcass - Heartwork http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7lP30tSZF0
So the little kid decided to continue... well dude, this is a key song that made happen the 4 previous songs.
The song is not so loud as the previous one, more heavy/thrash metal driven some, introducing the harmonic solos, this song is meant to introduce the listener some intricate guitar work.

6. Kreator - Suicide Terrorist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ES1zLuSsuY
Some real thrash metal, featuring more intrincated guitar work, and darker lyrics at this time, the mallcore kid must have an idea of what is actual metal.

7. Exodus - War is My Shepherd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKs1ctp91FI
Forget about melody, features some complex and catchy guitar work like the previous song, this is what we could call "Modern thrash metal"

8. Sepultura - Arise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtTUzaHly8o
Yes dude (talking to the mallcore kid) there are even harder and louder music, this is the example, speed, moshing riffs and some of the best old school Thrash metal with some death offshots

9. Death - Leprosy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjZq6KM4Co4
At this time there is no turning back, you are already a metalhead if you bang this song, old school death metal, deep growls, disturbing lyrics, yep this is what we call Death Metal

10. Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0iMxBFyWM
So, you thought those lyrics were disturbing, take this, you can call this thing Brutal.

11. Dissection - Unhallowed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3pB1OmU8gE
This one is a from the "truest" metal, fast, brutal intro, like that one from the previous song. But it has something that makes it very different, guess... atmosphere! yep, this is what we could call "Black Metal"

If the mallcore kid reached this song and liked it, I think he can start researching for more bands

And there you have... a gradual journey from popular, mainstream metal, to the most specialized, dark and exclusive metal music

Please rate xD I took me some time to finish this xD
----
05.08.2009 - 09:32
Fat & Sassy!

Oh, god. This huge post littered with videos hurts my head... :/
05.08.2009 - 16:59
selken
Irreligious
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 05.08.2009 at 09:32

Oh, god. This huge post littered with videos hurts my head... :/

lol sorry to all, didn't know YouTube thing worked that way, I thought a little window would pop up, like the Videos section on the band pages xD

fixed
----
06.08.2009 - 04:16
wormdrink414

1. Lashed to the Slave Stick by Nile
2. Christgrinding Avenue by Behemoth
3. Unleashing the Bloodthirsty by Cannibal Corpse
4. Into the Void by Black Sabbath
5. User-Maat-Re by Nile
6. Pimea by Moonsorrow
7. Trollhammaren by Finntroll
8. Sleeping Stars by Wintersun
9. Beautiful Death by Wintersun
10. Blessed by Decapitated
11. Slaying the Prophets of Isa by Behemoth

Not deliberately in any order.
06.08.2009 - 06:12
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by selken on 05.08.2009 at 08:41

3. Disarmonia Mundi - Quicksand Symmetry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyGclLCDP9c
Going bit by bit, this one includes hardcore riffs, includes clean vocals, some screams and some true growls

Surprising but very good choice, noy a band I would have expected on a greatest metal album but what a song.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
14.12.2009 - 13:02
divortium

Killing Is My Business... ...And Business Is Good! - Megadeth
Just 'Cos You Got The Power - Motorhead
Air Dance - Black Sabbath
Hell Dwells In Ice - Behemoth
Dead Bury Their Dead - Arch Enemy
Jesus Hitler - Carnivore
Bloodstone - Judas Priest
Dopethrone - Electric Wizard
Achilles Last Stand - The Heavy Dirigible
The Philosopher - Death
Blackwater Park - Opeth
----
Stop him in his tracks, show him that I am ruthless...
14.12.2009 - 14:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

I DID IT AGAIN! CLICKED AT THE WRONG BUTTON, MY WHOLE POST GONE! I HATE THE WORLD!

I'll be back...
----
14.12.2009 - 20:25
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Wowee...epic thread, but now I first have to go think! So yeah, useless post on my behalf, but pretty exciting thread!

EDIT: Ok so here goes..

1. Mirrorthrone - The Fecal Rebellion
2. Behemoth - Conquer All
3. Amorphis - The White Swan
4. Windir - Martyrium
5. Kiuas - Black Rose Withered
6. Suspyre - Reign
7. Wintersun - Starchild
8. Scar Symmetry - Carved in Stone
9. Scar Symmetry - Prism and Gate
10. Lost Horizon - Think Not Forever
11. Lost Horizon - Perfect Warrior
12. Cor Scorpii - Oske Og innsikt
13. Old Man's Child - War of Fidelity (bonus)
14. Tyr - Ride to Hell (bonus)

Mirrorthrone - the Fecal Rebellion
Majestic, yet fierce and destructive. It is Vicious yet poetic, and above all intelligent. Absolute masterpiece?the composition of the entire album lays waste to most other bands, even more so in this severely brilliant opus of a song. Fantastic way to start off the album?.it is incredibly long though! 15 minutes!

Behemoth - Conquer All
Probably the song that got me into them?which is probably the case for many. Destructive, yet peculiarly accessible. Adding a bit of double-bassing meat to the middle of the album! Difficult to choose between the other songs on the album because they are all so good.

Amorphis - The White Swan
Just an insane song. Everything about it is marvelous: Awesome lyrics, brilliant album concept, stupendous melodies and the most killer chorus of the band's career.

Windir - Martyrium

Monumental and epic. The Glorious classical undertones and fantastic trademark melodic riffs makes this a classic Windir song. Beautiful combination of grim/coldness with melodic and soaring guitars/synth. My absolute favourite Windir song.

Kiuas - Black Rose Withered

Difficult one this, I love most Kiuas songs I think theyre an extremely unique and talented band. Really awesome guitarwork on this song, fabulous vocals and chorus?.dont even get me started on the soloing!

Suspyre - Reign

This band was probably my greatest metal find of the past 5 years! Very little people seem to even rate their albums or know about them but MAN are they awesome! Don't know why people keep wanking to Dream Theatre (or more like Dreary Theatre/Theatre of Bore)?Suspyre puts these "legends" to shame with their amazingly innovative prog/power metal.
This specific song is and has been my favourite "current" song on MS for months now and has absolutely everything if you're a prog-dork like myself. The thing that sets this song apart from the rest is the amazing incorporation of Saxophone throughout passages in the song and it is done so well that it absolutely adds something magical to the already fantastic song. The chorus is nothing short of staggering as well?.the musicianship throughout the album goes without saying - jaw dropping.

Wintersun - Starchild

Don't have to say too much about this song, apart from it possibly being the ultimate song with everything I love in metal in it!

Scar Symmetry - Carved in Stone

Man I love this band?weird thing is, I bought Pitch Black Progress in 2005 but never realized/cared to check that it was the DigiPack, just saw it on the airport some years ago and picked it up. Only to realize a few months ago that it had 2 insane bonus tracks that I NEVER heard, which incidentally, are better than most of the songs on the album! Gorgeous song?.dont care how "catchy" it is for all those SS haters out there, its exactly that part of them I love hehe

Scar Symmetry - Prism and Gate

Similar to Carved in Stone in that the chorus is seriously immense and insane. One of those songs where the pre-chorus actually kicks the ass of the chorus lol As always Alvestam's vocals are MONSTER, perfectly balanced by the smooth and melodic guitarwork and tight drumming. Love it!

Lost Horizon - Think Not Forever

THE best powermetal band ever to grace this earth. Don't care what anyone's opinion is on this, if you disagree you are wrong haha Daniel Heiman has the best vocal range of any metal vocalist, Olsson and Woitek are supreme guitarist who make the instrument sound like just another extension of their fingers and the songwriting ability of the band is just marvelous.

So yeah?.all said and done this song is just crazy. Wont try to explain lol

Lost Horizon - Perfect Warrior

Well apart from this being one of the most insanely awesome power metal songs in the history of human beings, its sort of also a Nostalgic choice since my girlfriend and I consider it "our" song haha Sounds gay but still doesn't detract from the sheer beauty and soaring coolness of this song.

Cor Scorpii - Oske Og innsikt

Reminds me of the Windir days?something about this band just puts me right in the middle of the context and the beauty of it is that I don't even have to know what they sing about, the music creates such a fantastic atmosphere that you feel surrounded by the cold in a place you've never been, completely void of time. The instrumental portion of the song is just mind-blowing. Epic outtro to album as well..
15.12.2009 - 04:21
Sonic MrSumo

1. Mastodon - The Wolf Is Loose (drumming is amazing!)
2. Opeth - Deliverence (one of the greatest metal songs ever)
3. Alchemist - Chinese Whispers (brilliant ambient middle/bridge)
4. Metallica - Orion (I need an instrumental)
5. The Dillinger Escape Plan - Fix Your Face (so hard...so good)
6. Night Eternal - At Tragic Heights (a good start to the second half of my album)
7. Meshuggah - Obzen (need some tech death on my album i think)
8. Megadeth - Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (such thrashy goodness)
9. Fear Factory - Lifeblind (because it's just so heavy)
10. Pantera - This Love (I just love this song)
11. Morbid Angel - Hatework (supremely evil way to finish the album)
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
15.12.2009 - 04:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 15.12.2009 at 04:21

That song is sooo awesome. Not only is it my favourite Alchemist song, but also one of my favourite songs ever.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.12.2009 - 04:37
divortium

1. Mastodon - The Wolf Is Loose (drumming is amazing!)
2. Opeth - Deliverence (one of the greatest metal songs ever)
4. Metallica - Orion (I need an instrumental)
5. The Dillinger Escape Plan - Fix Your Face (so hard...so good)
6. Night Eternal - At Tragic Heights (a good start to the second half of my album)
7. Meshuggah - Obzen (need some tech death on my album i think)
8. Megadeth - Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (such thrashy goodness)
9. Fear Factory - Lifeblind (because it's just so heavy)
10. Pantera - This Love (I just love this song)
11. Morbid Angel - Hatework (supremely evil way to finish the album)

Well done, sir.
----
Stop him in his tracks, show him that I am ruthless...
15.12.2009 - 05:06
Sonic MrSumo

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.12.2009 at 04:33

That song is sooo awesome. Not only is it my favourite Alchemist song, but also one of my favourite songs ever.

Ha...I'm listening to it right now. He has the best scream in metal.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
17.12.2009 - 12:50
Don Martin
le fu-
1.Bloodbath - At the Behest Of Their Death
2.Slayer - Epidemic (to pick something else than Angel Of Death)
3.Sleep - Drangonaut
4.Dying Fetus - Kill Your Mother/Rape Your Dog
5.Decapitated - Winds Of Creation
6.Suffocation - Liege Of Inveracity
7.Nile - Annihilation Of The Wicked
8.Black Sabbath - Electric Funeral
9.Darkthrone - Witch Getto
10.Rompeprop - Pelikanelul
11.Carcass - Exhume To Consume

'nough said
----
What a tackastrophe!
19.12.2009 - 08:48
DoomGuard

I would actually create a "best of all genres" album for the person with A.D.D. who can't stay on one genre for very long

1. Decapitated - Spheres of Madness: I'd start off with this song just because its so damn catchy and groovy, although repetative it'll get any metalhead in the headbanging mood
2. Slayer - Jihad: Horrible transition between the first song and this one but I really do think that a Thrash song needs to be placed here
3. Iced Earth - The Coming Curse: Putting my favorite band 3rd on the CD, coming in with an amazing song that'll blow anyone away, hands down
4. Iron Maiden - Infinite Dreams: Time to slow down and put on your Maiden caps, after The Coming Curse fades, Iron Maiden comes in with an amazing story with their lyrics and a nice catchy 4th song for the album
5. Gamma Ray - Armageddon: After Iron Maiden talking about heaven and hell, let's get Gamma Ray to bring in some epic Power Metal and tell us a little story about the end of days
6. Manowar - Hail And Kill: Continuing the Power Metal flow, these guys will deliver a finishing blow on the Power Block of this album
7. Satyricon - Mother North: Not a very good transition from Power Metal, but this BM classic is sure to conjure up as much emotion as the previous song
8. Skinless - A Unilateral Disgust: What better way to shake off the emotion of the previous songs with a song from probably the catchiest Death Metal band around, I seriously cant find one song of theirs that bores me
9. Dethklok - Hatredcopter: Fantastic song that will really give a closing to the Death Metal of the CD, Brendan Small really did a good job with this song, noone can deny it, nope! Not even you Mr. Strict-metal guy who hates Dethklok!
10. Mastodon - The Czar: Hard to choose between all of Mastodon's songs but I think this one is a fantastic closer to this album, what better way to go out than spiraling up through a crack in the skye?

Obviously my picks suck, this was actually the hardest thing I had to do all week....And with a lack of sleep ill look back on this and think "wtf?"
Hope you guys like it?
19.12.2009 - 13:26
GamlaSonn

Because I can't follow rules i got 16 songs..

Let's start off with something easy so they don't get scared
1. Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Okay that was nice 'n' easy, now let's quicken the pace so they don't get bored. This CoB song is catchy and fast!
2. Needled 24/7 - Children of Bodom
That was fun! Hm, how about some megadeth? This one introduces the groovy element while being catchy
3. Megadeth - Peace Sells
Perhaps they didn't like it. Maybe they prefered the growling from CoB? Well some epic melody should do the trick. Most people like AA and this one is beautiful
4. Amon Amarth - Embrace of the Endless Oceans
Yes we definitely got them now. Are we ready to give them some thrash? Sure let's try
5. At the Gates - Legion (Slaughterlord Cover)
If they don't like thrash then I am dissapoint. On the other hand if they bang their fucking head, we got a winner! Actually, if they liked it we introduce to them another catchy thrash song, otherwise we'll play them some melodical metal. "World of Promises" of In Flames should be a hit for those a little bit impatient melody enthustiasts.
6. Legion of the Damned - Enslaver of Souls (if they liked "Legion") otherwise In Flames - World of Promises
Well let's assume he/she listened to In Flames, otherwise he/she is a sure metalhead already. Another melodical song with a bit death metal should catch their attention!
7. Edge of Sanity - Twilight
Oh perhaps it was too much, if not then death metal or progressive might be good for the guy. Anywho, let's slow down with a easy song from Hypocrisy
8. Hypocrisy - The Eraser
They're probably ready to speed up now. Let's give them a catchy melodeath song
9. Disarmonia Mundi - Liquid Wings
Now let's see if they like themselves some Judas Priest. Starting off with a well known song. Should be refreshing with no growling.
10. Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
Because I'm an asshat I'm going to play them another thrash song and hope for the best. This song should not be too hard (probably is!), feels kinda commercial at times, all though it's high quality shait
11. Artillery - Sandbox Philosophy
Okay let's timeout. That was extreme for our new listener. Convince him/her that that was awesome shit then move on. Tough love you know. Now, how about something "nice", not all "mean" like most of the other stuff. "Funeral" of Devin Townsend is like 8-10 minutes long, gives the listener some time to take a break and also see that metal can be beautiful (I suppose sad as well, depending on your view ) too
12. Devin Townsend - Funeral
Oh that was nice. Wipe away the tears of sadness/joy then let's speed up a bit and include a lot of melody! Doh, I guess Arch Enemy is a bit hard for most starters, but the hook is epic so maybe it'll be okay
13. Arch Enemy - Silverwing
Let's play them the best Iron Maiden song. That should seal the deal
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden
At this point you could decide whether or not to play these two songs
15. One Way Mirror - Destionation Device (rock/metal, should be pretty catchy and easy to get into for anyone)
16. Therion - To Mega Therion (if they listen to classical music, this ought to be a hit)
19.12.2009 - 22:56
I_Die_Often

A taste of everything for the person who is being lead to the dark side... so they get a feel for everything.
Not placed in order, think of it as on random...

1- Pantera - Walk (get ya stomping!!!)
2- Judas Priest - Hellion/Electric eye (I call it one song! gotta have both!)
3- Dimmu Borgir - Absolute sole Right (my hip hop girl loves the drums in this)
4- Nile - Papyrus... (too long of a title to fit in this space... awesome drumming)
5- Cradle Of Filth - Nymphetamine (I just think this song is great)
6- Slayer - Blood Lines (with vampires so in vogue, why not! love this song)
7- Sepultura - Territory (very catchy)
8- Dying Fetus - One Shot One Kill (the title Kill Your Mother Rape Your Dog might scare people away!:devil:)
9- God Dethroned - Execution Protocol (A sing along song!)
10- Metallica - Fade To Black (the best Met song and easy on the non-metalhead)
11- Cannibal Corpse - Decency Defied (a nice tattoo song)
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
19.12.2009 - 22:58
I_Die_Often

Written by I_Die_Often on 19.12.2009 at 22:56

A taste of everything for the person who is being lead to the dark side... so they get a feel for everything.
Not placed in order, think of it as on random...

1- Pantera - Walk (get ya stomping!!!)
2- Judas Priest - Hellion/Electric eye (I call it one song! gotta have both!)
3- Dimmu Borgir - Absolute sole Right (my hip hop girl loves the drums in this)
4- Nile - Papyrus... (too long of a title to fit in this space... awesome drumming)
5- Cradle Of Filth - Nymphetamine (I just think this song is great)
6- Slayer - Blood Lines (with vampires so in vogue, why not! love this song)
7- Sepultura - Territory (very catchy)
8- Dying Fetus - One Shot One Kill (the title Kill Your Mother Rape Your Dog might scare people away!:devil:)
9- God Dethroned - Execution Protocol (A sing along song!)
10- Metallica - Fade To Black (the best Met song and easy on the non-metalhead)
11- Cannibal Corpse - Decency Defied (a nice tattoo song)

DAMN! forgot an Iron Maiden song, no metal list is complete without Maiden! I choose Still Life, don't know what I'd take out tho...
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
22.12.2009 - 06:59
SerratedSyringe

Because I know I'm not the only one here with a dimminutive attention span, I will start this album extremely fast, and end it very slowly.

1. Kataklysm: The Chains of Power
2. The Berzerker: Forever
3. Cradle Of Filth: The Smell of Her Burning
4. Behemoth: Slaves Shall Serve
5. Mastodon: Workhorse
6. Motorhead: Ace of Spades
7. Carcass: Corporal Jigsore Quandry
8. Anaal Nathrakh: Genetic Noose
9. Mushroomhead: Xeroxed
10. Job For a Cowboy: Ruination
11. Psyclon Nine: One With the Flies
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
26.02.2010 - 00:35
whatsacow

1. Ghost of Pedition - Opeth (Awesome song, and awesome opening)
2. Master of Puppets - Metallica (A song they'll all know)
3. Walk - Pantera (Awesome, catchy)
4. Mastodon - Blood and Thunder (Mastodon had to be on here somewhere)
5. Iron Man - Black Sabbath (Another song they'll all know)
6. Meshuggah - Future Breed Machine (Its awesome)
7. Dream Theater - Panic Attack (A wow of a song. catchy yet creative)
8. Dragonforce - Through the fire and flames (They've played guitar and will hunt me down and sell my liver if this isn't on there.)
9. Unexpect - Chromatic Chimera (Just to confuse them)
10. A bullet for my valentine song, so they can tell the difference between metal and shit.
11. Opeth - Blackwater Park (So they'll forgive me for the bullet for my valentine song)
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
01.12.2012 - 19:17
megadeath13
Account deleted
1. Rage - Straight to Hell
2. Opeth - Bleak
3. Entombed - Wolverine Blues
4. Cathedral - Midnight Mountain
5. Ensiferum - Iron
6. Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe
7. Pantera - No Good (Attack the Radical)
8. Strapping Young Lad - All Hail the New Flesh
9. Volbeat - A Warriors Call
10. Whiplash - Power Thrashing Death
11. Clutch - Big News